1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over a Billion in revenue, but can't be bothered to fix the damn Journal?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Pavo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Vanadiel

Read the thread: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/journal-not-updating-bug.61664/

Hey there!

We have received a few reports and are currently aware that some players may be experiencing this issue once again. We do understand that it can be a bit frustrating to not have the journal updated correctly and I can assure you that this is being looked into by our team. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!

#6GM Haliaeetus, Sep 25, 2017

I've attached this thread to the open report, so if you believe that any information would benefit our investigation, feel free to add it here so our QA team can quickly be aware of it.

#28GM Haliaeetus, Sep 28, 2017

Thanks for linking the previous post, I've merged them both together.

I know that this issue has been happening for a good while (and apologize for it) and we have been in contact with the devs to try and get it resolved. We received a few reports mentioning that this had been fixed, but I'll take a look into it again and see if I can follow up with the bug team.

Thanks for taking the time to update this!

#55GM Haliaeetus, May 3, 2018

It worked for like 6 months then broke again last DST change.

Please fix it, it's an important feature for guilds and for some players.

#42Smileybones, Apr 14, 2018

What more can I say? Even the famous Smileybones agrees it is a bug and kindly asks for a fix since it's an important feature for guilds and some players.

Phoenixxx75, Solitaire and Kynreaa like this.
  2. Schinrah

Let me give you some advice: Smiley and Xenon will defend roundabout everything about this game. BDO is literally the best game in the world, any critique, any "negative" feedback, anything about it's overblown monetization, class balance etc etc. to them is totally unjustified. You will not convince them otherwise. It doesn't matter if players are spending 100$'s even 1000$'s on this game, they still will argue you have no right to complain or ask for fixes or changes.

There is no point argueing with them, just ignore it and move on as if nothing had been posted.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Aokami

Don't forget, 1 billion in revenue doesn't exactly mean they should do something, nor does it mean the devs are getting raises and pays.

Considering how mismanaged PA is and more on the front that they higher ups prefer going for the quick cash grab compared to fixing persisting issues, I'm going to assume the higher managements are pocketing a large portion of it and scraps for the low dev grunts. So why would devs be wanting to fix a game when the pie isn't cut fairly?

4. Vanadiel

Because it's part of their job?

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61

Actually there is a point...just to witness just how much a person will distort reality to fit their view.
    Its not often you get to witness such things, but its a study on how to deal with people who silently in their head do the same thing, especially when they make it so far in life somehow as to be in charge of anything.

6. Aokami

It's their job to work on the game but individually, they can always do the bare minimum of their work to just get by because of either working environments or other factors that can be demoralizing. Besides, a small company like PA also lacks manpower so works and projects are spread across so there are priorities (money systems over broken aspects) based on what management wants.

And actually doing some findings, most of the profit is from BDO mobile (kind of obvious), not the pc version nor the console. So guess what is more of a priority for them? The 1 billion was over 4 year period but it's not the actual amount, just a number skewed for clicks.

BDO mobile is now their cashcow and they're really milking it to the bone.

7. Lord_Xenon

And what exactly should I read there? I didn't read through the entire thread, but the first site exactly proves the point of a self-made problem. Most bugs can be reproduced(hopefully), that don't change if the game itself has it or the user use things etc. that cause such problems itself. I can't cry for warranty of a machine, when it's my behavior that cause it. The manufacturer don't understand how the problem can happen until I show him that I use more power than allowed which cause the machine to overheat/explode. But that is not a problem of the manufacturer or the machine. It's a self-created one.

While it may be to much to aks, but can/know someone of you the rate this error happen on the whole/large KR server?

Writing BS is easy for you right? When you would have stalked me a bit, then you would have easily find counter evidence to your nonsense. You sound like a narrow minded kid at this point. With the increase of retards, it's easier to cater to seem dumbing everything down instead of making skill choices. It's to much to understand for most it seem.

8. Calinectes

9. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

yeap been "Under investigation" for over 2 years, they need more pearl sales boiz... lets make it happend

10. Vanadiel

It does not happen in Korea because they do not use DST. This bug happens specifically half of the year, because of DST.
    Turning off DST in your windows clock settings "fixes" this problem.
    And no, DST is not something that is broken in windows, neither is this a windows or machine bug.
    It's not a user behavior issue, so you can stop blaming the customers for it.
    It's a bug within the game that has been around for over 2 years, with no timelines for a fix.

What do you not understand about this, why is this so difficult for you to wrap your head around?
    I am starting to think you are doing this on purpose just to get people to reply to your often frustrating postings.