1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OW PVP from the perspective of a Witch:

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Tjaranis, Jul 5, 2019.

1. MikeTheCCWarriorSlayer

I cant believe someone else feels the exact same way as me. OW PVP is utter gutter trash, and it doesnt matter what your gear is because you cant freaking hit anything. And if you do hit something they just run away and come back and stab at you again. Sure there are a few people out there who are just insane on their chars but being a wit/wiz in OW is pretty much like being a grass beetle.

Mana armor oh your mana is now completely gone and over half your HP are gone before you can stand back up. You manage to get a teleport off? Boom you are just cc'ed again before you can even use the instant heal. Ive been saying this for ages, our range is terrible, we have no mobility then my friends like me videos like this one h tt ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etx_HwwRyoo

Sure this dude in that video is god tier no clue on his gear, but thats also 1v1 arena stuff where you know the person is coming at you and your ready for it. I agree with OP in everything he stated but I do enjoy pve I feel well rounded vs monsters because my super armors actually work and they dont knock me down. But those super armors in pvp along with our teleport iframe dont work for crap Here comes teleport oh wait im stuck in place by a stiff and the skill went out but I didnt move :(

Fateneko and Narcosis like this.
  2. Gobarnachta

Wizard has a ok kit for 1v1 sure with grab and fireball rabam.. witch tho has next to nothing besides rng of resists.

Sadly same as for wars in OWPvP w/w both work better if you stack bit more evasion dp gear and work more as team support instead of solo glass cannon.

3. MikeTheCCWarriorSlayer

Sure its okay if you know your fighting, but most of the time its boom your grabbed and dead before you know your even in a fight. Its like being sucker punched and being called a grass beetle lol.

4. 2Cents

The flashy design is just a cover up for what a mess it really is. As someone pointed out there are NO projectiles in the game. A projectile would have movement and collision independent of the character. If someone is in range they are simply hit.

This leads to the RNG evade mechanics. The opponent is basically supposed to just change their location 2 times per second in hopes you can't hit their location. It's all just a terrible system designed for PVE only.

This then leads into spamming CC. CC is used as a band aid to fix the fact you can't attack targets moving 100mph or teleportation every fraction of a second.

Amanoma and Narcosis like this.
  5. Hekki

Why don't you count fact you can one shot whole group of people by single AOE?

6. makis

Why don't you count the fact you can only do that if you are out gearing them

7. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

and they forget to move during your casting

Amanoma and 2Cents like this.
  8. Tjaranis

because literallly ANYONE can do that if they got the AP it requires to do that as a witch...
    literally EVERY class... most can even do it at 2/3 of the active AP... so thats why i don't count there subpar dmg (compared to other classes) as "amazing"...

the only difference here is that it feels like a lot because its 2 seconds of dps in one hit, and you had 2 seconds to react and do your counter/block/iframe/sa/ or as most do Out-trade the damage...

Fredi Urea Kami Uour and Amanoma like this.
  9. Hekki

I disagree. Witch is one of very few class that can one shot entire group from AoE and range.

Other classes can one shot but single target. If melee that is even worse because they must enter to range area of enemy group.

10. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Most classes with enough AP can 1shot (or in the case of the time it takes for wichard to cast that one skill it would include 2-3 skills)
    I agree that witchards have a very large aoe for the damage, but saying rest of the classes cant kill alot of people with the same number of skills is just plain wrong.

If we are talking range its down to Blizzard or Meteor that takes several sec to cast, or about 2sec with "instant cast" including the unprotected casting of sages memory. Blizzard is also a CHANNEL skill, to get full damage you need to stand still for a long time and on top of that its split damage as most of our awakening skills

11. Desibabez94

Just do what I did.

Build an evasion witch with a pen zereth. Free game.

Realistically tho we have a lot of hard counters and we can’t help that, but we’re still amazing in end game PvE and node wars as well as other aspects of BDO

Tvvin likes this.
  12. Blitzball

Do you think Evasion Witch is better than DR Witch ? Afaik , Witch doesn't have evasion buff except on Voltaic add-on ( +5% ) and E buff ( +12% ) , not enough imo

13. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

DR scaling is not good enough to be reliable, even Urugons give more evasion than they give DR.
    What DR buffs do we have, what base DR do we get compared to Evasion?

Its not that Witch/Wizard is a very good evasion class, its that evasion is so much stronger than DR when it comes to PvP

Desibabez94 likes this.
  14. Desibabez94

I’ve always found evasion to be superior to dr on witch but to be fair I’ve been running it since 2016 so I’ve perfected the art of evasion xD

The reason it works is because she has so many SA that even without a nouver or griffin your resistances buffed are still about 50% or so if you use a good rotation.

Pair that with an exquisite cron, helix elixir, and a good protection stone, and you’re r set more or less.

I did have urugon for a small time, but I sold them because I felt no difference at all wearing them as I am a full evasion witch ~

It’s just too fun to pass up, and also it was very cheap and cost efficient to build the set so while the armor took some time I was able to buy the accessories pretty fast aside from the one Cadry I enhanced to TeT ~

I’ve dueled every class ingame and I can safely say my evasion set keeps me the heck alive XD

The only classes I struggle with are striker , mystic and zerk - otherwise I’m usually okay against anybody else. I do also carry my PvE / ap gear if I really need it but generally speaking, I do not.

Blitzball likes this.
  15. Blitzball

Can you show me your build on bdo planner , please ? I'm interested and i think it can help some others Witches too :)

Desibabez94 likes this.
  16. Desibabez94

sure! I’d love to! Give me a few minutes to set one up

17. Mattys

I've seen ur build, you linked it somewhere and in my opinion it was pretty inefficient evasion build.

You should try something like this : https://bdoplanner.com/IrisShirnaDemonic
    This is what I'm running atm, but as its stated DP is not in a good spotlight atm.
    Against siege players you feel like you barely got DP, but it works well against low gs opponents atleast.

Replace heve gloves with pen leeburs if enough money and you are good to go.

Its best to go 261 or 269ap and then spend rest for the DP.

18. Desibabez94

As far as survivability goes its pretty godly actually

I do have other sets but I prefer evasion for a fun time (fun for me, not my opponent)

https://bdoplanner.com/PhilumHeightSaiyer

19. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Private Build
    The build you're looking for is Private.

You cannot view this build unless it is made available by the original author.

20. Desibabez94

What the heck lol one sec

Try now?

Itago likes this.