1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA destroyes Node War and Siege in Season 5.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Apr 12, 2018.

1. iller

WAT?? ... that's like.. the MAIN thing though. ...if that's true then they're even bigger dumb shytes for not Gearscore capping Tier1's D:<

2. Catastigma

with the 1min-2min rez cooldown and the no-possibility to rez.. and the axe buff..

Gear dont realy matter.. is more how much protection area you have...

With 80 member with TET trina axe. + elephan. i dont think that the door can resist long
    also dont forgot that ap dont realy affect heavly the axe damage. so 400 DR people with axe will be realy annoying

Tansie likes this.
  3. GingerBreadTiger

• Can only fight for the castle of the region you take the t3 in. So you will 100% know who you willfight in the castle.
    This is a great damn change, they should also make a 4 day guild change timer.

Jannanomana likes this.
  4. Sgt_Artorias

You realize that once you sit in a Castle you can defend against 2 equal strong Guilds ?

Unless you are way stronger than the defending guild you have no chance

Kyouki and Tansie like this.
  5. T800

#25 T800, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. Asterotis

I believe BLESS has this feature, keeps overly strong guilds from breaking into smaller ones, also caps factions to avoid imbalance in PvP.

7. Reave711

You understand there’s only 1 T3 per region right?

Tansie likes this.
  8. Rayin

I'm strongly convinced that you don't even read the first posts of threads. What you do instead is reading the most harsh comments in each thread and support what the majority doesn't like because a stroke hits you during that moment and you go "Bluurrb chirp chirp bluuurb!" thinking that the best option has to be the least voted and at the same time the most hated.
    And then you open from time to time a thread stating how much this community is toxic, blaming people for being angry at you and your posts.

Sieges are not supposed to be 1 vs 1, Sieges are supposed to be an uneven scenario where a guild having a castle is attacked by other guilds, be 1 or more. For more it means even 10, because you know, they have a freaking castle on their side which gives them a huge tactical advantage.

RoakOriginal, flukeSG2, iller and 2 others like this.
  9. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Well yeah they just killed siege and node war scene lmao.. The med kit change is honestly not "that" bad and I'm glad they finally buffed flame towers/hwachas and also made the base safer with walls actually protecting us now... Those changes make sense to me.

I think the rest of it is absolutely terrible though... Just shows again that PA have no clue what they are doing.
    • We are required to get a T3 now or we can't join siege. That means in one week I have to do a minimum of 4 node wars/siege (presuming we actually win every single one)..... And 2 of those days are on saturday/sunday :/ People have a life outside BDO......
    • There are only 5 tier 3 nodes in total as well. So those node wars are going to be extremely laggy with multiple guilds trying to build on them.. They've basically moved the lag from siege to T3 node wars.
    • I thought they wanted to make siege more accessable to all players? XD Yeah lets just lock it so that a maximum of 10 guilds can participate in sieges... I guess they fixed zerging in some way but they basically locked out a high majority of players from ever doing siege.
    • There are some guilds that you simply cannot 1v1. For the smaller/weaker guilds you are basically locking them out of sieges and making the stronger guilds even stronger and less contested.. We needed more reason to ally together and take them out... I just hope the "unity" system will help with this but I highly doubt it..
    • Siege guilds can still guild hop and do T1 and T2 for extra money. They won't be able to do T3 and swap back though.. Well tbh they could but it's risky.. I guess if they know who currently owns the T3, then they can use an alt guild to block that guild. Basically all region/castle owners could block all the T3s with an alt guild and guarentee they all keep their castle lmao...
    What they should have done INSTEAD imo:
    • Guilds require a T3 (instead of T2) to participate in siege
    • Reduce the amount of forts that can build on a region to help with lag (you shouldn't be able to place 27 forts lmao)
    • Give incentive for guilds to ally together and kick out a castle owner
    • Make it easier to kick out a guild that has owned a castle for a long streak - something like longer respawn timers for the defending guild, based on how long they have held the castle, so that gradually gets harder and harder to keep the castle and guilds are more likely to contest them.
    • More PVP events throughout the week. Doesn't necessarily have to be guild related, but something like open world guild bosses with random spawns and decent loot (like memory frags or something)... Where the guild that tags the monster will get loot for killing it.. If the guild wipes then it gets reset and can be tagged by a different guild. ((Ofc it would have to have some sort of indicator if you have tagged it or not). It would give guilds something to fight over and offer more PVP for castle siege guilds that is outside of node wars/siege.

Thelemna, SexGawdTy, flukeSG2 and 6 others like this.
  10. T800

#30 T800, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  11. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yep guilds can still switch and do T1 and T2.. Tbh.. It's even worse now because they can also target a certain guild and kick them out of doing siege that week... It's risky since they can't do T3 and then switch back to their main guild for castles, but they could actually block a T3 and then use their alt guild to take over the castle and jsut keep swapping it between their 2 guilds...

12. Kurylenko

These are some much needed changes to keep end-game PvP in Black Desert Online competitive and fair. Not only do these new changes address the underlying issues we have in the live version of NA/EU but it also addresses the issue of lag due to an abnormally high amount of players participating in Conquest War. The Black Desert Online game engine was not designed for the number of guilds that we have been seeing in the past few weeks to all be competing in a single battlefield and so the developers finally realised this being a huge issue.

The tier lockout system is a great addition to keep Node Wars competitive in all tiers but most particularly in tier 1. The need to own a previous node over a lower tier to progress to the next tier will prevent lower tier guilds dropping on tier 2 or tier 3 nodes for an attempt at some easy funds. This makes end-game PvP in Black Desert Online more engaging for those looking to have a good time battling it out.

I think you are just very misinformed on the current issues that exist with Node Wars and Conquest Wars. I'm sure the majority, it not all, also welcome this change.

Edit: People also need to remember that changes are always subject to follow up revisions so what is now being shown to us is not set in stone. This is Pearl Abyss' first attempt at addressing issues with Node War/Conquest war and lag.

13. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Well if the union system does that then it won't be "as" bad tbh.. But that would be yet another massive change and I think SURELY they would announce the union system at the same time as all of this if that was the case (since it impacts it so much)... Because having this info on it's own is extremely confusing, sounds terrible and is causing an uproar.. If this is designed around the unity system then it makes no sense to not release the details of that at the same time, or only bring half of it live.

Tbh I don't really have much hope at this point XD I'm not holding my breath for the unity system to fix anything wrong with siege. If you have a link to a twitch stream then that would be appreciated :)

iller and T800 like this.
  14. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Tbh.. I think this wouldn't actually be the WORST change if they added something else to it:

Double the amount of T3 nodes from 5 to 10.. Now castle/region guilds can only hold the region for 2 weeks max... So week 1, you attack and win the castle, you get paid.. Week 2 comes around and you have to defend.. If you fail to defend, you get kicked off and don't get any payout.. If you win, you get payout but the castle region gets liberated and you have to do T1 > T2 > T3 node wars to participate again next week.. This would give castle guilds more PVP and there would be more chances to kick them out throughout the week.

With the current changes I think top siege guilds are just going to be sat in castles forever again...

SexGawdTy, Kaijoichi and T800 like this.
  15. Reave711

1v1ing a guild in a castle is impossible without a huge gear advantage or the defending guild going afk

Brightcide and Tansie like this.
  16. PitchBlack

it's amusing how stupid PA is, I still afk in the game, but it wouldn't hurt me if everyone quits the game and it dies tomorrow.

17. Mountain Hound

PA Consult the users that actually want to PVP please.

1) Add a 96h cd timer to join / leave a guild.
    2) Allow castle owners to build on T3 nodes = NO MORE GUILD SWITCHING
    3) Change the payout system of how nodes work. Your guild wins the node > the money gets paid into your guild's bank > you don't own the node > you can fight 7 days a week IF YOU WANT. Hell do this with regions as well, REMOVE castle advantage and allow people to fight for the money held in the castle. You could do some type of king of the hill system where a guild needs to hold the top middle bit for 20-30 minutes or so to "extract" the funds to their guild bank.
    4) Point 3 means there will be NO MORE SNIPE GUILDS.

In 4 steps I just fixed your game.

Kaijoichi likes this.
  18. Reave711

Also if sieges are moved to Sunday rip Aussie players...like who even comes up with this ****, I like having a weekend, I don’t want to have to do a T3 sat night then siege Sunday night

Thelemna, iller, Tansie and 1 other person like this.
  19. Lacea

From my perspective, this just benefits a small minority that is hardcore.
    The rest of the people that are not hardcore and want to take part in node wars, are pretty much left out with this.
    Why would I go to a tier 1 node now, knowing that I can find guilds that are way stronger? At least until know, it was likely that I would find some equally geared/numbered guilds.
    I think this is a selfish feature.

Of course have to wait and see how this unfolds, but so far it looks very bad to me.

iller and Tansie like this.
  20. Solsi

Or they know the servers can't handle mass-scale castle PvP. They don't know how to fix it. So they added a T3 requirement and made it a 1v1.

Server performance fixed!

SexGawdTy, Shadowfibby and T800 like this.