1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA destroyes Node War and Siege in Season 5.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Apr 12, 2018.

1. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

no, the good thing is the castle guilds HAS TO make t3/castle NW, elae they cant do castle...
    so the time where nolifer guilds grief lower guilds in t1 nw is gone!!!

Sizer likes this.
  2. unrealaz

You understand like this those guilds will never be taken out of the castle as long as they are still playing?

3. unrealaz

There is one D3 node/region.
    THE CASTLE FIGHT WILL BE 1v1 FROM NOW ON.

I think this guy is a troll. 1v1 fights when one has castle means the attacking guild needs to be at least 200% stronger because they also decreased the time to 2h

Tansie likes this.
  4. Geobryn

Geobryn Tamer 62 EU

hm... say siege guild wants the castle
    you get D1 on monday, D2 on tuesday
    then you have to wait for saturday and manage to get D3
    attempt castle on sunday and fail
    then you have to wait for another saturday and manage to get that D3 again ? if you fail, you have to start over D1>D2>D3 ?

if no one wins D3 > no siege ?

or did i get that wrong ?

5. ScarletBlade

Conquest War Season 5 has begun.
    - There will be a 3-week rehearsal starting from April 16th. (Details will be announced later.)
    - Node/Conquest War time has changed. Node Wars will be held from 21:00 to 23:00 on every Monday to Saturday, and Conquest Wars will be held on every Sunday from 21:00 to 23:00. Tax Wagon will depart every Sunday on 19:00.

wtf really? why change ****ing time? rip at all ppl where go shift work or something.....

Brightcide, T800 and Tansie like this.
  6. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

I agree completely. There are a decent amount of tier 1 and 2 but there is always going to be a chance of bumping into a guild that really outgears you... I'm not sure how anyone can back up this change...

I'm in a guild that does sieges but we are not the top, probably not even top 10 and now we are also probably kicked out of being able to do them as well... This change is just locking more people out of node wars/siege.. Which is funny because the whole idea of their sh*tty militia system was to encourage more people to try siege and participate in it... Now they are doing a 360 and the only way most people will be able to participate is through militia (which still needs better personal rewards)..

It's terrible for mulitple reasons.. I'm sure the top 5 guilds are excited though because it means they can sit in a castle unconstested for even longer... From what I read, if you get ANY T3 then you can go to ANY siege region right? It's not locked where you get the balenos T3 and must go to balenos? Correct me if I'm wrong please.... So you will probably get 2 - 3 guilds placing on balenos, then 1v1s in both calpheon and serendia.. Mediah and Valencia will remain uncontested again and we now have no way to zerg them out. They can still guild swap and do T1 and T2 as well to try and stop an enemy guild from being able to get a T3 on saturday and lock them out of doing siege... I hope they make defending a castle much harder.. Otherwise the siege scene died today.

Kaijoichi and T800 like this.
  7. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

Yeah exactly. That's what I presume as well from reading the patch notes. I think any guild can go to any siege though as long as they have a T3. So you could get all 5 guilds going to Valencia for example, and the other 4 regions would remain uncontested.. At least I THINK thats how it works. But yeah if all 5 T3 nodes get liberated then you have no sieges that week. Siege guilds could actually turn up to a T3 on an alt guild and stop people from being able to participate but I don't think they'd be able to swap back in time so it's a bit risky. At the very least they can place on T1 in an alt guild and try to f*ck up another guild to stop them from getting a T3....

8. Masterio

They should add 14 days guild change penalty :)

9. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

It is region locked. You have a new class of Node called domination and you can only fight for domination Nodes in one region . So if you take a Dom Tier 1 in Val, you need to go on a Dom Tier 2 also in Valencia. And if you win one you can try to get the Dom Tier 3 and then the Castle Siege.

10. Valkyon

rip

T800 likes this.
  11. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

lmao

There will be MORE castle guilds placing on T1 now to try and get a T3 on saturday.. You have to get T1 > T2 > T3... If they lose the node war or castle then they are back at T1 to try again... They can't just skip it now and go straight for a T3... There will be MORE guilds at T1 now than ever before, because they HAVE to get a T1 first...

If they made it so you HAVE to have a T3 but don't need a T1 and T2, then it would be better.. But PA are just as retarded as you lmao

Not to mention that castle sieges are now going to be limited to a max of 10 guilds.. That just shut out a huge amount of players from ever getting to do siege.. And it made it even easier for castle guilds to defend.. They won't get contested again unless they make it a hell of a lot harder to defend. We needed zergs to be able to take them out in the first place and now they are making it into a 1v1...

I agree with reducing the amount of guilds that can place on siege (because of lag), but they are making it too hard to get a T3 and they have reduced it too much... The amount of T3 nodes should be at least 10 imo.. I'm not sure why they are all on one day too -.- It just means I have to dedicate my whole f*cking weekend to this sh*tty game if I want to do siege and this is another massive change that will stop people from being able to participate. Most siege/node war guilds are unhappy and will be giving up on doing them at all.

12. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 63 EU

Well then rip even more.. Guess the top guilds get to keep castles forever. GG lmao.. And like I said they can just go in an alt guild and block a T3 for their region, guarentees they keep the castle and also get the money from the nodes lmao.. Amazing work as always PA

T800 likes this.
  13. no_nic

no_nic No_Nic Valkyrie 62 EU

guys calm down. Nothing changes, T3 are the new sieges, the sunday siege itself is irrelevant. Now all regions have a good saturday fight without overly laggy/buggy castlefights. Good thing i'd say.

14. T800

#54 T800, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  15. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

There is a "T0" node level. There are normal nodes and domination nodes. Normal nodes are irrelevant "sieging wise" while domination is needed to have a shot to castle fights.
    So I guess what we call today "T1 guilds" will just take part in non domination node wars and be fine.

These changes are still **** though.

16. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

These changes are peculiar.

-I see no need to change the days on which nodes/siege were conducted, this surely inconveniences more people that it benefits, or at least people had already made arrangements to accommodate the existing schedule should they wish
    -I strongly disagree with removing resurrection via skills or medkits, because of the minimum one minute death timer
    -Trina axes WERE damage nerfed, however the new speed at which you can use them (consecutive attacks) really doesn't make that apparent, at least from my personal observations and coupled with the resurrection timers means there's the possibility of very short fights and no recovery options (is that really a fun/rewarding experience for anyone?)
    -Node wars should be tier locked based on the average gearscore of the guild members (and a guild cannot go up or down tiers via building on those nodes, but the average GS should be recalculated weekly). This would reduce snipes of t2/t3 as the strong guilds would be forced there, and also prevent them from edging out the less geared players. By the same token, guilds of fresh players would still find others of similar gear to enjoy competing against and at least the fights would be more even, participation in higher value nodes would give incentive to gear up.
    -The cooldown for guild hopping should be increased to 4 days (so people mercing from siege wouldn't be able to join two different guilds within one week, thus would be forced to choose between a new guilds war or their siege), this would work well with the timed recalculations of average guild GS also.
    -To keep things interesting, the tier classifications/days of existing nodes could have just been shuffled.
    -Strong guild already sitting in a castle have a tactical advantage; siege timer NEEDS to be extended should the outer gates be breached.

-Information on the "Union" system needs to be published, I believe this will give us the final pieces of the puzzle and might clarify any doubts players are starting to have about this new system.

#56 ViktoryiaV, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Tansie likes this.
  17. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Its week, so 1st you need to take T1 next one you can go t2 week later. Next week t3 and than castle.

Or you can rush and make t1->t2->t3 in one week.

Its eliminate posibility go down for example t3->t1. So guild need to pick if they want bigger node for bigger money and prestige with or stay on lower nodes and be called t1 node pleb guild.

Its awsome change becouse most big powerfull guild have bigger ego than blue whale d*ck so they leave low nodes in other to hunt bigger prices. And smaller, new, not strict pvp guild going to have chance.

Best node war patch since bdo release!!! Flames and hwatchas can rly use buff, same goes for walls. (Elephats coud use some anti player dmg is rly sad stomp player and does like 300hp damage)

18. Malpercio

So what is militia going to do? If they scrap that GG there goes 1 million pearls of our tax..errr support money!
    Union system is not announced yet, sounds like they might "slot" some guilds into another guild, expanding the guild max more than 100? Pretty far fetched but to completely change the nodewar system without any good forewarning is also far fetched

Well I will look forward to it and see how it goes. From what I understand the first week will be like this:
    All guilds on T1 for their regions (including the bic bois)
    Those T1 winners (sifting out those smaller guilds) will fight amongst themselves for 1-3 t2 nodes per region
    those 1-3 winners will fight on a T3
    1 winner challenges the castle owners! (first week keeps the original prior to Season Rickroll?)

You Win!
    Guilds that hit t3's cannot partake in t1s, bringing in new fish to fight
    Rinse Repeat the rest, you know they will have to modify the defender's advantages to make it a more balanced fight.

All in all, they get points for at least trying to fix it, but im sure theyre letting jesus take the wheel and will modify it more to fine tune it later on

19. Levion

this patch wont be for much time. I am sure of it. Even the top tiers will be bored of this.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

a week should be enough. i dont understand why dont they implement it already . technically it is very simple to code and people are abusing guild hopping to the maximum.