1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA has confirmed it

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Hypotermia, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Rügenwalder Pommersche

kill/death ratio doesnt mean **** anyway - dont forget - it was one of the best pve classes WHILE ALSO being upper middle pvp - as a melee bruiser type class - and yes she will go down a bit in k/d ratio after all the nerfs - to a spot thats more fitting

i wish they released the whole ranking on that, cos i dont think u will find ninja being very high there since its not a large scale class - but that doesnt mean ninja is bad in pvp, hope u can follow that logic

hystria was the best spot for a long time now, with mystic being one of the best classes there, i didnt count sycraia because when the first nerfs happened it wasnt even out

so there was a mystic hype train, where everyone rerolled, and they didnt go back to their old class BUT THATS NOT because she was op they kept playing her since every other class was underpowered - well yes u can look it that was aswell

following your argument of the top 3 classes which were "balanced" - but everything else was underpowered -> doesnt that make the class overpowered in comparison with the other "underpowered" classes, isnt a balanced class vs underpowered classes considered overpowered
    u know since its like 1 balanced class vs the underpowered majortiy of classes

look idk how good or bad mystic is at pvp is exactly, its always hard to tell in bdo anyways, since gear does matter a lot, maybe the other player is way more skilled etc so its hard to tell alone how strong certain classes are

but being top in hystria and being balanced in pvp - would that mean u have no certain weaknesses like other classes

like ninka being pretty bad at grinding but really good at 1vs1
    or wiz/witch being really good largescale cos of PA, heals, buffs but bad in 1vs1

etc

but mystic the "balanced" pvp class (even if it was balanced in pvp - but like i said idk) was really good at pve and balanced in pvp, where is the downside, where is the trade

and no matter what u say, if 41 of the top 100 players, which certainly are competitive else they wouldnt be top 100 play one certain class, it has a reason, that reason might not be "that class is the *best* at everything" but it could be "the class is good at most things"

Goldfish and Unranked like this.
  2. Bnna

actually it is one of the top spots. doesn't mean **** since they are still useless compared to mystic

3. MoZex

MoZex Wizard 61 EU

Mystic just is durable and allround easy to pick up and perform on. And yes that sucky sucky into followup cc dont make things easier.

4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

uhh do u happen to have a link or some **** about all the classes, actually curious

PS: also do we know where they got all the data, is it like only nodewar or nw + ba + rbf or even everything including openworld - which will obv change a lot of data

cos if its everything im not suprised ninja is high but if its only largescale (which i think) im baffled

5. Hypotermia

Ah damn i was too messed up this morning when i watched live stream. Indeed they didn't state it was node war statistics. Only that she had kill death ratio of 7-10th places.

It could be possible its from all the pvp but somewhat it would feel weird if they tracked every pvp death.

Source is from the Heidel Ball STREAM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/436053767

Mystic is not stronger with high AP.

Look many of Mystic skills are counted as pets (same goes with striker, tamer, witch, wizard and so on) These skills got fixed AP scaling.
    https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...-31st-node-war-rule-changes-item-drop-changes

[​IMG]
    (In past i was told these rates were all changed to flat 80 AP so all pet classes would have same scaling. Back then i went through all patch notes but either missed it or its not true)

This means the more later we go with AP pet classes are in disadvantage when it comes down dmg scaling. This makes Mystic extremely good grinder early on and had relatively good dmg till other classes reached right AP brackets

But too bad you're not developer. In stream they state that Mystic is versatile and Korean community that i have talked to have not seen Mystic OP in PvP for months and they're ahead of us in gear.

So from what i can understand from their stream is that they saw Mystic being good in PvE and PvP and looked all the classes and classes that might be top tier in largescale or 1v1 and wonder why they were not played as often as Mystic and realized came to conclusion its because Mystic is good class all around from PvP to PvE so they choose to buff PvE of other classes

Statistics are the ones that tells if something is balanced or not and not opinions of individuals who might have own biased idea of balance. Data tells developers if something shows up too strong and opinions tell what ppl consider to be too strong. Data points out that in PvP mystic is balanced and middle of pack and in PvE in one spot she is top grinder or been till other changes happened. For example lets take completely biased thing. Riot introduces new champion to LoL this champion can one shot anyone every 60seconds but in return the nearest own tower is destroyed. This champion is considered by some ppl OP strong because they die to him but at same time his winrate is sub 20%. Is he OP because he might go 45/0 in game but still losses. No he is weak af.

Past weeks that i have talked with other players on EU and mostly i got pretty good idea why ppl ***** about Mystic in PvP is because her vacum is annoying and they don't like it or from DK's mainly because they can kill her but i've seen 280 AP DK deleting 349 DP evasion mystic without no issues but still fight favors mystic because of grab. Im all up for deleting whole skill and magic DP if they in return remove fixed pet ap scaling because we're not pet class. And return SA/FG to 1-2 awakening skills to generate martial spirit shards.

PvE balance patch is death of Mystic and rise of Striker. With recent videos and stuff that i've sniffed the Striker PvE buffs are insane making him far superior in PvP and PvE is at least same or better than Mystics

6. Bnna

nah it doesnt have anything to do with the list, it's just that on EU ninjas score really well on kd lists in mass. because of the amount of kills done outside of actual fights and lack of good ae cc the impact ninjas have is significantly lower then their kd. it is also one of the best classes for killsteal and picking up targets just being hit randomly by other peoples cc around them (float combo deletes most targets in 1 second)

7. ALO

ALO

You and PA don't understand that even with lower AP scaling she is still 7-10 on kills ... that is why 41 of 100 top players are Mystic pretty simple ...

8. Smashjoy

I know for me, Mystic just felt better in PVE, had a better flow and less hand cramps . Stroker felt clunky compared

9. Hypotermia

You're not understanding what kill death ratio means.

She could have 100 kills in nodewars and 100 deaths but classes that are ahead of her might be 100 kills and 10 deaths.

Once PvE balances shift there will be huge decline in those numbers because many classes that perform better than Mystic in PvP will be viable or better than her in PvE

10. Beeso

Why do people play Mystic?

A) Because we are awesome, as our name suggests.

B) We know Kung Fu.

C) We are water.

D) We still trigger them master.

E) jltroll.jpg

11. Rügenwalder Pommersche

what does ur first point even mean, kd/r doesnt mean **** anyway

if its 100/100 thats 1 kd
    if its 20/10 thats 2 kd

so which one is better, the one which actually killed 5x the players or the other one since it has a better kd

or whats better the 10/1 player or the 100/50 player i mean the first one has 2x the kd/r

and the second point - well yeah that might happen, and if u wait long enough you will get buffs if mystic is actually to weak, weither pve or pvp

also why would a shift in pve change the number of pvp kills/deaths in pvp ?XD

12. ALO

ALO

I am not understanding ... not gonna type more ... but doesnt matter what are the numbers she is ahead from 7to10 classes with the low AP scaling so ...

PA and balancing ...when they make them we will see, since December they "restart" PvP balancing and after 3 classes they stopped so don't be so sure they will balance all classes for PvE just saying

13. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

im not saying mystic scales well with ap, Im saying she got really good utility and is tanky but she does little damage. to onecombo people you need to have around 269 ap and thats the mark where she really starts to becoume scary. so she needs ap to function but if she does she's a beast

14. Hypotermia

Also remember the thing that she needs combo to kill her target which is not good quality for large scale. In 1v1 i think she is in better state but in large scale where this games balance is focused there she isn't much of threat.

When i was still in nodewar/siege scene with my gear and dp i had around 20-40 more kills than deaths but i was NEVER anywhere near top fraggers. Difference was alway that i had like 50-70 kills depends how long war lasted and who we were against and so on. And like 15-30 deaths. Top fraggers were anywhere around 100-140 kills

Tho no means i was even good pvp'er just gear carried pleb

15. Hypotermia

Got link for that PvP balance thing? because this is first time i have heard of such thing

16. Hekki

Do you really think mistic is popular because some people consider her OP?

Well I have a bit different experience with her and different reasoning why I once went back for this game for a while...
    1) In the the past she was the only real option for female tank (Valkyria always was a joke). But... sadly devs nerfed her tank abilities so I left the game... seems like forever (just sometimes visit what happening with this game). But many people for sure adapted to the new role.
    2) her gameplay is far different than other characters. Much more smooth and intuitive than other characters.
    3) Perhaps she have best customisation options. At least I never was able to make prettier than my mistake. With other female characters there was always issues because something was wrong.

Btw. I remember a years ago there was also ranking. Wizard and witch was at the top. Misic never was even close to top. But devs still keep nerfing mystic and buffing wizard and witch. I give up on this game years ago and I'm realy glad from this decision. Waiting for balance is pointless and evertime I se this forum I see confirmation drop the game was correct desicion.

#36 Hekki, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Jessy Jess and Blitzball like this.
  17. Hypotermia

Actually before the major class changes year ago or whenever it was. Valkyrie was INSANELY OP. She was underrated because back the many players lacked the AP but the small amount of players that had the AP to make Valkyrie shine. Oh man those Valks wrecked and destroyed in nodewars and they still do. With current ult bombing meta. Valkyrie ult is one of the hardest hitting ults and flat out destroys multiple players if it can be pulled off

18. Hekki

I have no idea what valks do now. I know I played valk when the game was released and it was quite dissaspoing so I left the game first time.
    But you completely took my words out of context. Entire point where I said valk is always joke is about tank abilities. Valk never was good tank because she does not have any special passives for DR or HP and DR just does not work in this game, never was.
    When mistic was released she had potential for tank because she had decent passive DR, good passive evasion, special magic evasion, alot of super armors and self heal skills. And this was pretty unique in this game where all what was matter is AP and one shot everything. So mistic was reason why I was back to the game.
    Problem is all tank abilities got removed from her, so I left the game again. Mistic is now like every other melee just with worse DMG.
    My point here is people want play tank. However, some people adapted to changes and keep playing. And that is reason of mistic popularity - there is no alternative anyway.

Blitzball likes this.
  19. Hypotermia

Im not sure when you played her or which game you're playing but valkyrie has DP talents and at one point DP was really strong but they went and changed renown score and stuff and ended up nerffing DR too much and evasion become superior.

Plus Valkyrie block is best in game.

When Mystic was released Valkyrie was way stronger than Mystic but players lacked the gear to consider her as and those who were at that stage dominated.

Plus Valkyrie has heals and protected area. So im not sure how are you thinking that Valkyrie had no potential to be effective frontliner because she was that and with really high ap she was and still is deadly af

Blitzball likes this.
  20. Hekki

DP was always trash. It never worked as it should. The only case where DP make miracles is when AP monkey forgets to add some accuracy. But that is evasion job, not DR. And valk have only some small passive bonuses to DR that simply does not work - because DR does not work. And patch that showed hiden stats proving it - people that was sure they are stacking DR, realise they are stacking EVA and valk does not have bonuses for that.

Block that is usefull only in 1v1. In node war it getting melted in a instant.

Some people talked it. In that time I just sold my TRI kazarka sword (what was a decent weapon at that times). For me valk just failed as tank and role of slow moving ultimate cannon is not for me. At this role wizard/witch is much better anyway - what is joke, this classes are all time most OP. Now I read it got PvE buff while in all regions top lvl-s (means best farmers) are wizzards and witches. Just disgusting.
    So yes, this of passives magic evasion, SA and mobility was good for mistic - it was only counter for mages.