1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA has confirmed it

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Hypotermia, Jun 8, 2019.

1. eddie972e

i think u are exagerating a bit on the part where mystic outdmgs every other class, and it sounds u main a witch, so its understandable u hate mystics, but mystic is average, she does really well in pve, decent in 1v1 not the best and in large scale the class is garbage there. And about the half an hour to pummel someone, remeber the class has low dmg so her mechanics alow her to keep some one cc for a long time, but if u wanna complain about a class that keeps u cc forever maybe look at ranger, the crazy things that rangers can pull off is nutty, striker and ranger have kd grabs aswell and yhey can follow up with a kd after the filler dmg, and this classes have dmg ontop of a grab kd.

2. 2Cents

I just hate the idiocy and lies about everything. If they gave Musa 3X dmg versus melee classes there would be people trying to defend such a preposterous idea. It would be obviously and blatantly flawed.

Look at how stupid the match ups are.
    • Ninja / Striker / Zerker vs Mystic (no penalties for these classes)
    Why would Mystic not get a bonus to these match ups?

There is only one answer:
    [​IMG]

3. eddie972e

yeah i think the magic dmg reduction on striker and mystic is stupid specially againts dk, i think witch and wiz do more dmg now to mystics/strikers cuz of the evation debuff, i think they should make the magic dp pure dr, that way the class wont loose tank role, but it can be countered with ap.

4. 2Cents

You can't really counter it with AP. In order to win a fight against Striker/Mystic it essentially means you have to never be CC'd. If that's the case it should be the same for Striker/Mystic, but it's not. A Witch can't reliably 1 combo these classes. On the larger scale it's completely broken. You can't just tell the entire community to get 280+ AP so you can more appropriately deal with these classes. Meanwhile these classes won't need anywhere near those stats to destroy you.

And even if you are able to accomplish that it means you will die to literally everyone in a single combo or less because your defenses will be complete trash. If you want to acquire extra grapple resist, you will need to destroy your gear score also.

Just face it, the extra magic reduction was a complete failure and just some random trash by Pearl Abyss that didn't make any sense.

When I completely destroy 10 other classes then do 30% to a Mystic, it's F'd Up. And for any reasonable geared players there is no difference in damage between Striker/Mystic. Grab > Your dead.

5. eddie972e

im agreeing with u lol, i was saying to turn the magic dp on mystic and striker to dr, that way they wont loose the tank role, i play dk and mystic, so i know how stupid that extra stat againts only magic users is. but to say that mystic is op it isnt anymore, there are plenty of classes that can deal with mystic/striker fairly easy.

6. 2Cents

Mystic is already designed that way. Their passives, E-buff, etc are already designed to be a tank class. Having some "other" class defeat them doesn't do anything to balance them correctly. It's the same problem a few are having with Shai. When someone says in Hyrstria "duel for spot", it doesn't mean the want a challenge. It means they will exploit the system to take advantage of other customers.

Counter class = game design failure by Pearl Abyss. It's not part of a meta it's pure incompetence. Especially in an OWPVP game. It leads to massive abuse. Lets not forget most the community is intolerant children.

7. eddie972e

i think striker and mystic are balance the way they are, i dont think anymore nerfs will come, and striker and mystic arent the only classes that witch and wiz have trouble fighting, its almost every class that can literaly kill wiz/witch, this 2 classes are really bad at 1v1, but i think they will probably buff dk, but who knows what this company will do

8. 2Cents

Witch is bad at 1v1, more specifically the game design is terrible which is why the class does so poorly, but that only makes my point even stronger. Everyone already agrees Witch has been bottom tier 1v1 for a long time. So why the hell would anyone dump on them even more by randomly adding a damage reduction to classes that don't need it at all.

With other classes at least you do proper damage to some extent. For people struggling to get to soft cap and beyond........ they are just straight up f'd.

The Mystic argument about lack of damage is also getting worse as the AP scaling keeps creeping higher. Nearly everyone should gain an entire AP bracket by the recent changes to items/bart and the MP.

9. Hypotermia

You need to learn one fact. BDO is balanced around large scale. Not small scale, not 1v1.

What 2 classes are FAR above rest of classes in large scale and been so for years? Let me tell u. Witch and Wizard!

DP from Mystic and Striker is non existing and been so for almost year and even more nerffed with recently alongside the fact that Witches and Wizards got best evasion debuff -20% which automatically counters evasion builds.

Mystic has lowest dmg in game because she had tankiness. And she had tankiness for very long time because the changes and nerfs to her. If they give her same dmg than other classes fine, but she has no dmg. Would be same as removing all the dmg and cc from archer and call it a day.

Witches / Wizards can open their mouth once they loose either 50% of their dmg in large scale or all supportive skills with double TP

What Mystic used to have (not sure if the case is anymore) 20 extra magic DR. This makes very little difference when it comes down dying. Instead of dying in 1 skill we die in 2 skills so gg

10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

its 15% and only one of these classes has it on a good skill.

and it "automatically" counters only lower spectrum geared evasion builds.

11. Hypotermia

Ah yeah my bad it was 15% for some reason i remembered it was 20%

15% is massive against heavy evasion builds. Especially in large scale and especially on class that has really high accuracy in skills.

I cant say anything about the skills which one is better and which isn't only thing that both are protected

12. WhySoSeeryus

voltaic is like F1 vs Bicycle compared to aqua jail.

range/reach, speed, damage, random reason.

13. Rügenwalder Pommersche

aqua jail is like a deathwish in 99% of pvp scenarios

14. Blitzball

deathwish for enemies , yes. Don't forget you got insane damage reduction while you're casting this skill.

15. WhySoSeeryus

vs 200 ap people who forgot their grab key combination, maybe.

16. Rügenwalder Pommersche

Its like the wizard has a deathwish - since its a **** skill in pvp...

17. Aepex

Mystic is still top tier in both pvp and pve.

Stop saying their are weak and ****. Mystic damage is NOT WEAK AT ALL.

they have great debuffs like slow / -evasion and dp which make up for the damage loss. and the extra tankiness on the class makes mystic monsterous with end spec gears. you can totally wipe out people while tanking the **** out of them. Mystic utility is one of the best in the game and damage is not weak either once you get up to the stage of 270~280.

18. Aepex

You got no idea about strikers.

Striker is still trash at pve even with pve buffs

Mystic easily dominates striker in clearing speed with even lower ap than striker.

Mystic isnt OP like before due to many nerfs but you cant deny the fact that Mystic is still in top tier for both pve/pvp

and again MYSTIC DAMAGE ISNT WEAK. I mean Striker has better nuking but Mystic has debuffs + minus evasion/dp + ap buffs to make up for the damage loss with super fluid combos

19. Hekki

What the damage have common to debuffs and DP?

What is the point of CC while other classes one shooting in PvP?
    DP does not work at high tier gear so WTF?

20. Dehor

it is just the fact on "how good you are at your class?". people get beat up by 2-3 years experienced mystic, while they are playing only around 15-20 days. Thus they are intended to chose mystic and when they fight with another good experienced player; they change there class as well.