1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA making money off people rerolling

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LFF, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

They failed miserably then. I will never buy the tent, or weight or inventory and storage. Nor will I buy lodging or fairy's might or horse resets or dyes. In fact the only thing I may buy is the value pack but I am undecided on that.
    Ps I have bought 3 character slots the shark suit and pets in the past.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  2. Ashenvall

Sometimes, I'am thinking people are paid to defend the undefendable.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

you ve basically excluded yourself from any serious pvp guild just by not having a tent. you wont be able to go to even rbf, ba or gvgs on demand. sure you could ride to desert before evry nw, thats doable but theyve made it highly inconvenient... ull prolly lose on some minutes of church buffs and furniture buffs coz of it also.

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

So be it as I have no intention of ever doing pvp.

5. WhySoSeeryus

well, then u cant say they failed miserably coz good portion of the playerbase leans towards pvp.

PeaceInChaos and ODB3698 like this.
  6. WhySoSeeryus

just had to get back to this one. i really dont remember a poll by kakao asking its playerbase about it.

sure, some randos might have mentioned it on forums, but im sure there were alot people opposed to it also. i remember the whole topics of negative feedback which was just ignored by kakao.

PeaceInChaos, SilverWolf and ODB3698 like this.
  7. Tvvin

Kakao is above doing such a highly dishonorable thing.

They would never lie. Their track record is perfect.
    :|

:D

SilverWolf and ODB3698 like this.
  8. yukishiro1

Yes, but it's much more effective when the person actually believes the nonsense they're paid to write.

9. yukishiro1

On topic...I'm not convinced it's a conscious conspiracy, but there is a clear moral hazard with cash shop rerolls that I don't trust a company as sleazy as PA not to abuse.

These sorts of things would be ok in the hands of a honest and reputable company that has showed by its track record it would never abuse the presence of cash shop rerolls by tweaking the balance specifically to promote such rerolling. But we all know (even Andaro, deep down) that PA has shown by its past actions that it isn't that sort of company.

In other words, PA may or may not be deliberately messing with balance to sell cash shop items...but if they aren't, the explanation is more likely that they don't think it'll actually make them money, or that they're simply incompetent, rather than that they have any principled objection to it.

Personally I think it's probably the middle explanation. Even in a game as whale-heavy as BDO, not many people are actually willing to drop $300 to reroll to the new class. And if you deliberately unbalance classes to promote rerolls...you also piss off a large segment of the population as well.

They don't seem to be actively unbalancing the game - just not balancing it, in favor of spending time on other things that will promote cash shop sales.

Basically...there's a lot of lower-hanging whales to harpoon before they need to start messing with class balance specifically to sell coupons.

10. ghoulz666

The abuse is happening in real time before everyone's eyes. If you haven't noticed how shameless the pearl shop has gotten.

SilverWolf and ODB3698 like this.
  11. yukishiro1

Oh, there's no doubt the cash shop had gotten more and more abusive and shameless. But that's sort-of my point - there are so many other ways to abuse the whales that deliberately unbalancing classes is frankly too much work compared to a lot of the easier ways to get people to open their wallets.

SilverWolf likes this.
  12. Claydough

Yeah and next breaking news, water is wet

13. WhySoSeeryus

u think newly released classes are strong or made strong very soon upon release by accident? then later "balanced" a bit, but often not too much?

or do u believe its hard for them to just ignore balance issues as long as people are buying them coupons and other goodies?

look at kunos for example, theres been quite a decent boost to their numbers since it became stealth, cc and spin to win class. hell, even witches got alot of new people simply due to "accidentally" op placed evasion debuff.

ODB3698 likes this.
  14. yukishiro1

But the facts don't really fit that pattern. The last truly overpowered class when released was the Mystic, and that was ages ago. Lahn was borderline underpowered, Archer was so-so (it wasn't till well after release that it got buffed to be OP), Shai is by design not a desirable class for PVPers, etc.

They definitely went through a phase of releasing deliberately overpowered faceroller classes with the stroker/mystake era, but that seems to be over now.

I don't doubt they're happy to have the dumb whales waste money rerolling and it's part of the reason they devote so little energy to class balance. But there are so many better, easier ways to milk people - as you've seen with the cash shop in the last couple months - that I don't think making OP classes seems to be very high on their priority list right now.

#34 yukishiro1, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

mmmmm no poll that i know of, it would have been long before library time, but I do recall players talking about it in the forums, old forums
    (this is why i prefer polls myself)

16. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

@Andaro Do you want real feedback and votes?
    Add polls in game every month with a few question and give a little reward as compensation.

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I said they failed with me. I also guess that a lot of other players feel the same.

18. WhySoSeeryus

https://community.blackdesertonline...em-upgrade-options-coming-august-29th.283242/

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-29th-august-2018.285608/

well, you can read these topics, id say people were quite against it. zero ****s given.

also....

[​IMG]

and after this update we didnt get the statistics on how many pens were made next year. i wonder why. hell, first day of update was clickomania itself.

#38 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  19. Yumine

Yumine Mystic 61

Yeah I'm against that too. It should give less cron stones to avoid people breaking outfits....
    Outfits are to wear them.

Blitzball and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  20. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I say cron melting should not be possible at all.

Blitzball likes this.