1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PA we liked the combat system before the changes.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Caldra, May 15, 2018.

1. Caldra

I have played bdo for over 2 years. One of the major reasons I have enjoyed the game was its combat system which no game has been able to emulate. We didn't ask for a completely redesigned game. We wanted a few changes to some of the over performing classes in the game and that was it.

What you did with your sweeping changes is completely changed the playstyle of the many classes. I don't mind nerfs. I don't mind playing a below average class. You have completely change the playstyle of a class I have played for 2 years. I don't even recognize my class anymore. The class is not fun anymore. Please look at these changes and revert them.

p.s- I am concerned that these changes have a more sinister goal in mind. I think PA.Kakao are trying to get us to re-roll and milk as much money from us as they can. It makes no sense to change the playstyle of classes like this unless your end goal is to get people to re-roll to a new playstyle.I will not re-roll.

Fyo, Hearts, Evil Wood and 30 others like this.
  2. Bunnyrivenluver

Were you one of the people who enjoyed the old combat system going in 1vX with insane super armor and facerolling people?

Boy its time to relearn your class then

3. Kusaragii

They probably want people to re-roll to get more purchases for Inventory and Weight increases.... I'm hoping that isn't the case because that would be a very disgusting practice.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

While I dont agree with some of the changes(and im quite against ap scaling/renown) from what ive gathered... people think more before engages and even take care about their teammates more. Im convinced its at least a good direction. If i have to adjust my playstlye for the better feeling of group play, it is a price im willing to pay.

GionniCammello likes this.
  5. Eurodrake

Old system was much better, new system is trash. And I was terrible at the old system, but I much prefer it to this garbage.

Hearts, Evil Wood, Platinia and 10 others like this.
  6. Stabby

No class should be able to CC you from the start of the fight to the end of the fight. That was never a good mechanic.

7. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

True which is why I'm trying to stick things out until all the changes are made. It's really tough though considering how PA handles all things "balancing".

8. Beeso

Be careful what you wish for next time. Yes I'm using the "you" the same way you are using "we". Consequence is

[​IMG]

Sibyyl likes this.
  9. Fumihiro

I have no problem with most of the changes, they could even be good If they would take out the renown score.

I don't mind the SA/FG changes, I don't mind the coming cc changes, but I think that renown is the greatest problem/mistake of all that was done in the last few weeks.

Laforet likes this.
  10. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

They explained the reasons. There were alot of broken things in pvp regarding cc mechanics and how they introduced awakenings which were meant to make the game easier with less skills more protection. But that in turn dumbed down pvp.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  11. Nosimo

It's more likely the old system didn't work well or wasnt well received by Xbox testers. Personally I think the old system turned to trash overtime anyway and the newer classes just added to the garbage pile. A revamp was needed, whether it will be another pile of garbage or not remains too be seen.

12. Noth

Revamping is fine, I'd love to see a revamp that lessened the emphasis on gear. Releasing a revamp as piece meal over a period of time is just frustrating, particularly when you only really inform the customer the immediate goal of the piece that is released rather than the end goal and how the piece is meant to reach that end goal. Also, using a live environment for testing is a terrible idea.

13. Ravare

Old system was just a kill feed race. No strategy involved.

Unless you were on the winning end (ie: didnt have to try hard for kills), PvP was extremely frustrating.

Honestly, I have never been high gear score to keep up with the Siege guild people or even some of the higher GS T3 players. But at least with these changes, I get a few attempts to fight back, dodge out the way, grab enemies to set up kills for my teammates. Yea im still not getting a lot of kills, but at least my classes can help out more instead of being dead in 1-2 hits like before.

Moen likes this.
  14. TeRRoRibleOne

These changes are trash and anyone who is enjoying them plays witchard since they are the only ones who got buffs. They have ruined this game. The lead dev should be fired.

Nerykk, Taadjo, Sizer and 4 others like this.
  15. Nosimo

I completely agree, it's also obvious that while they may have a vision of what they want combat to be they have no idea how to achieve that vision. This is like going out to dinner, ordering a meal and then being served the uncooked ingredients one at a time. Terribly unprofessional.

Pook600, Caldra and Qasim like this.
  16. xLightning

New system is complete trash

Nerykk, Evil Wood, Assilma and 5 others like this.
  17. Kenwulf

No we didn't. Brainless SA spam was boring.

Souldealer likes this.
  18. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

Old system was better, now in large scale you just fall down and watch your character die, except if you are witchard and stay in your corner with your blizz/meteor (Even me as wiz dont like this, im for balance in this game). Nah, thats all but not cool. The people that were in charge of these changes didnt think properly and made us forced to test this. for a "B2P" really not okay.

Nerykk, Evil Wood, T800 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Fooba

I didn't like the previous pvp system, it really needed tweaks. For example: Perma Grabs. I liked the Idea that I thought they where heading was getting rid of SA/FG on cc abilities and making a high out play potential if you wanted to CC someone. But, the changes they are implementing are just absurd. I feel every pvp game should make it impossible for you to not have control over your character for a complete time frame. What i mean by this is a CC break, Trinkets, or actual Diminishing returns. The state of BDO was you could be completely CC locked out of the game and there is nothing you could do. Aside pray for Desync.

Also, for the people that are bitching about Wiz/Witch's we will be useless again if we get these purposed changes. RIP BLIZZARD

I honestly don't get why they have not implemented this stuff on the Arsha channel to experiment with instead of rolling out half ass balance patch's.

20. Catastigma

The change is not finish... we have like 1/5 of the actual change... Be patient.

This cannot be worst in term of Desync exploit that before.

The only times I was CC, it was because of a desync.
    The system before was totally stupid and impossible to manage by the server.

It's just impossible to react to a Desync exploit grap of warrior can it lasts less than 0.1 sec and you play with 120 ms ..

It's not everyone who has a 1080 TI and a 144hz screen. story of caused even more Desync exploit.

Make the game more slow. less agressive, is definitly the much rational option..