1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 10th October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 10, 2018.

1. rachcouture

rachcouture Valkyrie 60 NA

2. Kelet

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining about a "fishing bug" that was documented in the patch notes and working as intended.

I think it's hilarious that PA intentionally broke an activity that at least 10% of the online population is doing at any given moment.

Can't wait to see if 1 dried mudskipper fails in recipes because it still thinks its dried white fish.

3. Wodur

Right..
    R I P Fishing in BDO 2018 Oct 10th..

Sighs..

Seppuku1191, Souda, Tvvin and 2 others like this.
  4. Rysingmoon

Currently I gathering a small sample where I use to AFK fish.

Before the patch, out of 100 items which have been stored in the inventory it was about this:

Yellow: 40
    Blue: 30
    Green: 20
    Relics: 8

My available slots were usually 140..150. I could AFK fish for about 10 hours before it got full. The profit for the fish for an inventory after about 8 hours after trading in to a normal trader was about 2.5 Mill, and 5% Trading exp.

Currently, I caught 20 items so far, not including trash. No yellow so far, 4 Blue, 13 Greens, 3 Relic.

This is a very small sample, but if it´s roughly correct, and if we assume the number of blues/h has not changed, my inventory is full of mostly green after 3 to 4 hours.

Seppuku1191, Mana_Mafia and Narui like this.
  5. Narui

Thanks for the write up, I should have counted up my inventory before selling it off this morning.

2.5M is about what I would get if I sold completely to the normal trader. I would average 4M for the same batch if I first dumped what I could on the imperial fish delivery then the rest on the normal trader.

Will be interesting to see what a full inventory is compared to what a full inventory was for you before the patch.

6. Minto

Well done PA !

They know how to break the game and gain profit from the cashop, stupid greedy compagny.

Rosedunn, unange and Seppuku1191 like this.
  7. Shayla

Shayla Lahn 61 NA

Why do you guys keep releasing the same packs each week and call them new? Lol

8. Rysingmoon

When the ratio of fish/trash has not changed, well, you probably get the same amount of relics, zero to nix yellow, 25% blue and 85% green.

9. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Geez.... The fishing change seems pretty bad. What's the reasoning here?

Also.... Wtf! Balance attempts! Where are they?! Tamer is a class in the game.... Did PA forget?

10. Jena

They adjusted it alright. It isn't even on the list of fish, so looks to me like it was removed. Why lie to us? I guess adjusted the rate of drop, means remove now.

Rosedunn, Seppuku1191 and Mana_Mafia like this.
  11. RP Tzuyu

they moved on to the next project already :) best they can do for classes is graphic glitches

Seppuku1191 likes this.
  12. Jena

They don't list the Balenos Rod either. Whats up with that? We just throw it away now after we worked to get it to +10.

Rosedunn and Seppuku1191 like this.
  13. PeterBuilt

Devs acting like their RNG ain't trash "Chances of catching higher grade fishes were decreased, but their prices were increased. This should yield the same amount of profit or more overall."

14. The reckon

More like the players are stupid. They are actually smart, "Hmmm lets see how we can get these morons to part with their money". The game is how old now? They know its time to get as much cash as they can before the game dies.

15. Suawoy

In theory even if volume of goldens that are applicable to Imperial will be lower it's value will increase/same return number of seals. AFAIK Imperial seals are counted by value if fish? I'm gonna have to put that to AFK night test to compare.

Rosedunn likes this.
  16. Suawoy

Well Balenos Rod is about % auto-fishing speed and nothing changed here. At +10 it's still 25%? It never had any additional perk like big/rare catch...

PS. I guess it's good they revealed numbers under chance to catch big/rare on rods and floats. We can see what we get for +10 enhancing. At least on paper.

#56 Suawoy, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Jena likes this.
  17. Ruin

hello darkness my old friend...

Ruffe, VonFiction and Tvvin like this.
  18. ghoulz666

Reduced drop chances, increased price. Expect same results.

I can smell the lying BS from across the universe. If there is no difference, then it wouldn't have been done in the first place.

Nerf the living hell out of life skills, introduce Manos clothes to try and milk people some more to get back what was stolen from them.

They're not happy with just milking pvp'ers to death.

19. Mana_Mafia

Wonderful!

AN ENORMOUS, UNJUSTIFIED NERF TO FISHING TWO WEEKS IN A ROW.

I'm done spending money. These nerfs hit me way harder than the cronstone patch in August.

Unacceptable.

Ruffe, Rosedunn, Jena and 6 others like this.
  20. Shokora

You can turn the shaking off in the settings.
    It works, my screen doesn't shake anymore when I use Instant Accel.

[​IMG]

Rosedunn and Seppuku1191 like this.