1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Randomly selected winners for holding 100/200/500 Rum items at the end of the event has been selected and prizes have been sent out. Please check your in-game mailbox (B) to see if you’ve won!
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes - 10th October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 10, 2018 at 1:25 PM.

1. Suawoy

I did overnight full AFK (aprox 10h)

Results with 3.2mil from Imperial (16 seals) and additional 2.1mil from trader. 15 relics is also as usual.

So far not much of change in terms of income. Being positive that wasn't nerf.

Fishing Guru 6, Trading Mater 11, +10 Balenos/Maple, t4 penguin, 158 slots empty to fill

2. Gizmous

Gizmous Hotstepper Ranger EU

Kakao/PA logic: more green fish, less Relic, less memory, more money from artisan.

Ruffe likes this.
  3. HamyBrix

Already lost like half its population base

hahahaha goood laugh... 25.000 steam and client a day is nowehere near the half of the player base.
    Most people play and are nit complaining like the 150 poeple in this forum^^

4. The reckon

Olister said:
    "This game is becoming the ****ing laughing stock of 2018 MMOs.... Already lost like half its population base... good that you guys got 10 million accounts... but only about 50,000 active ones... Anyways.... PATCH NOTE is full of ********... who actually reports these issues... and why are they so important to address ASAP??? If I spent $1000 on this game I dont give a flying **** about hairstyle #14 looking hollow or some ****... START ADDRESSING THE ****ING REAL ISSUES HERE....."

Already posted this on another thread but again it's not just BDO so I can't really hate on them. Its all about business not making players happy.

Lol Aion relaunch only to cash grab, NANI Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru Aion ! Nerf to bag money thing sounds a lot like this "fixing" of afk fishing in a certain game that shall not be named. HAHA

#84 The reckon, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:18 AM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM
    Ruffe likes this.
  5. Disthene

I had 9 grunt in my inventory, imperial fishing trader was supposed to buy each grunt 251,250 silver...When I sold all my fishes...I got 455K silver in my bag.....As usual developpers ****ed the game again.

I think Pearl Abyss should keep their Designer, but should fire their developpers, they obviously need mathematics lessons....Statistics are ****ed up, nodes loot upgrade is ****ed up, and now fishing is ****ed up....But it's ok I'm used to not trust what is displayed in BDO, it never mattered...Everything in this game is just lie and rng, why should we code stats ? There is a rng function who cares.

Rosedunn and Jena like this.
  6. lewisefur

CTG=Nerfed
    PVP=Nerfed
    SMH=Nerfed
    Fishing=Nerfed
    Pearl Shop=Alive and well
    Pretty clear where your priorities are in this game. And the direction you're steering it in.

Ruffe, Rosedunn and Ella_Louise like this.
  7. Ella_Louise

I have spent time fishing in areas where I used to get ample blue and yellow fish, including the ross sea. Now getting nothing but green fish, with the odd yellow. Fishing is so far nerfed, to be not worth it. Unless you have high levels in fishing, trading etc. Along with pearl items to go with it. My experiment was with a character at skilled 9, and I am getting nothing.

I am close to giving this game up again. Fishing is what I used to love in this game, and you have destroyed it.

Rosedunn likes this.
  8. Disthene

I also got less less less relics than before, as I have a job, afk fishing was the only way for me to get memory fragments, I can't farm hours everyday to get pila fe...Now I don't get relic anymore, so well done, I can't up stuff anymore, then I have no reason to play anymore.
    Usually when the time pass on a game you make it more casual, to let the new players reach the content easier....But you just put more difficulties to new players, to be sure they will never be able to play with old players, good....very good. This way to handle a game is just absurd.

Rosedunn likes this.
  9. Cthulthu

I spend 7 hours afk followed by 13 hours afk.

My biggest issue with these changes are the white fish becoming green. It fills our inventory way too quickly and makes little space for the fish we actually want. It brings an afk period to an end much earlier, leaving me standing there doing nothing towards the end of my 13 hour afk period.

I have no other issue will all the changes. I think the money works out as the same in Grana.

I think it's also worth mentioning - people like me have spent pearls to brand our fishing rods so they last these afk periods and with it taking far less attempts to fish an entire inventory, we don't need the durability we did before. My 13 hour afk period used 51 durability yesterday. My pearls have been wasted.

Jena and Rosedunn like this.
  10. GaelicThunder

The fishing rate is ridiculus guys. You don't get the same amount of silver as before (5M for like 1H, with Relic, now i get 1,7/2M and no Relic at all)
    You are destroying the best Life skill in the game.
    I loved the way of the afk fishing but now is just disappointing. The game is becoming grinding and grinding... Please, fix this ASAP

Rosedunn likes this.
  11. MisterDe

Don't know if intended, but Merindora, the person that gives the element to make piece of image, is now extremely difficult to speak with, as you need 6 knowledge from ecology of kama, which are lv 60 creatures, some of which, like crystal alligator, is apparently not in the game. I am almost done with my peridot wagon and equipment for the wagon, and now can't finish due to her not speaking with me anymore.

Also, making the white fish green is ridiculous. At least let us sort a value of fish to throw away. AFK fishing for relics is completely useless now, as your inventory fills with the old white fish within 30 mins. Very unhappy with this. Make it similar to the party loot system, where if value is less than (user input) something like 10,000 silver, it is not kept....new system is not good imo.

Rosedunn likes this.
  12. limki

limki Maehwa 61 EU

After 32 hours of afk in tray since patch I can say this has not happened yet
    green trash still hurts though

13. Jena

AFK Fishing wouldn't suck if green trash didn't fill up half the bag.

Rosedunn likes this.
  14. Minto

I dont see any fishing buff, green fish dont even give 1m for 5-6 hours active fishing its just a full waste of time and inventory slots.

15. Ruffe

Ruffe Ninja 62 EU

I will also add this to your comment :

pa/kakoo stop ur BS sthaling WHEN!?
    snowflake costumes???????????
    rocking costume when????????????
    WHEN the fing when? WHEN!?!?!

16. Shenzaar

Most people whining about fishing here just don't get it yet.... We have a whole new life skill addition coming soon. They are changing the drop tables in preparation so we can grind for the new fishing upgrades, just to get back to where we were before, lol. This wasn't a mistake, this wasn't an over nerf...

17. Ella_Louise

Want to share that information, instead of being cryptic?

Shenzaar, Rosedunn and Ruffe like this.
  18. Rosedunn

Ok, going to try to do this somewhat politely so you can pass this along, to someone, hopefully. I want to believe someone reads the replies here, but at the same time I'm a realist so the likelihood is that nobody does.

Why, why, why, why did y'all kill fishing? Might as well take the entire ability to afk fish away as there is NO point in it at all now. Less relic shards, less yellow grade fish, less blue grade fish, can't auto toss 'white' fish anymore. Those of us who previously did make the majority of our money from AFK fishing relied on the gear we invested in (read - we spent RL money on pearls to brand things so we could afk fish overnight), enhanced rods and floats that have now become less than paperweight worthy. Just tell us to fish w/no gear and a twig, results would be damn near the same.

Master 20 fishing, +3 Silver shirt, +6 branded Balenos rod, and +7 branded maple float previously yielded me 6-8mil total between sales to the Imperial Fish trader and regular trader for a full overnight bag (160 slots). The last two days, overnight, yielded me 2mil. How, in any universe, is that the same amount of money?! That's not even touching the 5-8 relic shards previously, that now is 1-3, and the reduction of seals from the Imperial trader because of the 1/3 (or less) yellow & blue fish in my bag.

Others have mentioned/asked in this thread if y'all are purposefully running the game into the ground, and if you wonder why we'd think that, just take a good look. Constantly addressing excessively minor issues while avoiding real issues that impact game play. Altering things in game to widen the gap between those who already have billions & those of us trying to afford anything on the market. You might as well just put a billion gold bar up in the pearl shop while you're at it.

I think I can safely say that absolutely NOBODY who uses afk fishing appreciates the changes that have been done with the last two patches. They make absolutely zero sense, rods and floats are useless now, and fishing quests - especially Guild missions, haaha yea go ahead and try to catch those Grunt in the time limit, not happening. We DO actually deserve an explanation, as many of us fishers have spent RL money to brand our equipment and max out our inventory space to allow for overnight fishing. We don't have an option to toss green fish now, so we're lucky to get 1/3 of the yellow and blue fish we previously did.

Explanation please: we'll wait.... ​

Lefteye and Disthene like this.
  19. Cthulthu

Just a theory, but this whole fishing update has some of us annoyed, and the reason behind it - non-existent.

So... Why then?

Well has anyone noticed how storage slots are more expensive to buy? You used to buy them in large packs (you still can with loyalty points) but now you have to buy them for specific places, and the individual pearl costs are a lot higher.

It kind of feels like we're being scammed and they've done a bait and switch. The bait is literally fishing....it's like their mocking us.

Rosedunn likes this.
  20. Minto

Kakao/PA dont even play they own game, they dont give **** about playerbase feedbacks, they dont give any statement about breaking, cheating, they just need milking money.

The most joke was they claim themselves as players and want to help playerbase to enhance more by introduce outfits melting.

Just stop this comedy by not buy pearls, problem resolved EZ.

#100 Minto, Oct 12, 2018 at 9:30 PM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 9:36 PM