1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 10th October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Suawoy

Where slots and income in general is not issue here for me (I get same amount of silver as before change) quests became harder to do like it wasn't before. Grunt on other hand is very common for hot spots at sea... That makes me wonder how does hot spot fishing looks like now... I didn't check it yet.

2. Rosedunn

Rosedunn Kunoichi 61 NA

The hot spot on Velia beach is where I'd fish overnight, consistent amount of silver every day, now I don't even get 8-10 yellows for overnight fishing in the same spot. Bag totally full of greens and hardly enough blue/yellows to make the trip to the Imperial Fish vendor worth the stamina loss on my horse.

3. DouchemousMaximus

This patch completely ****s up afk fishing for relics. Green **** fish taking up all my inventory slots now...

4. Shenzaar

A whole new class of fish is released with new update next month "orange grade" fish. As well as lifeskill changes, it's pretty obvious they are making these fish database changes ahead of those updates.

5. Suawoy

My bad, I didn't give meaning of hot spots. I was about sea hot spots - with flying seagulls and jumping fishes. Also Velia is exhausted due to be most basic spot. It will surely give more greens after this change. Better is to move around and find more opportunities.

Getting back to hotspots/fishing schools they only give golden fishies and number depends on couple of factors. They just need node connection and sailing around. I'll check it later today.

6. Ella_Louise

Thank you for sharing. At least I have an idea of what is to come.
    Just wish they released them the patches together. Instead of giving us poor results with fishing, till the next patch. But oh well. I have been fishing out of velia for the last couple of days. I am doing ok with relics so far. So my income is only a little lower.

Rosedunn likes this.
  7. Goslunkyerself

Thanks for idea! I did the same and sent them a ticket.

Ella_Louise likes this.
  8. Rosedunn

Rosedunn Kunoichi 61 NA

Velia was the best spot for afk overnight fishing if you could time with turning in to an Imperial Fish vendor. Previous to finding that, I fished overnight in Heidel for the relic shards, but swapped to Velia when the rate of shards went from 7-10 a night down to 1-4 consistently. I get they're wanting people to do horse training (thus in turn purchase Pearl items - because $$$), but it's immensely frustrating to have options for decent afk monies go away. Most people would say ok, go grind to make money, that's all good and well if you've got time to go grind every day. I, along with many others, rely on afk fishing for a good portion of our income and have invested in it accordingly.

If they are introducing the new orange tier fish then they need to give the option to select what grade to toss for afk fishing similar to how group loot is sent to the marketplace. We'd at least be able to send the greens to their grave and have our bag space back.

Ella_Louise likes this.
  9. Jackal

guys can you fix auto fishing, youve ruined it with the grey to green change, theres no afk fishing now literally a core aspect of your game is broken
    i wont be able to play anymore if you dont

10. Mattys

EU/NA wipe when???

11. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

I think you're half right on this. KR just got Fishing Mastery with this patch, which hooks into Manos clothes and accessories, and as part of that they added orange-grade Legendary fish, balanced in with this patch. We of course don't get these things yet, because Manos gear is Drieghan content, and they've been drag-assing on that for what seems like forever.

https://www.invenglobal.com/blackde...spirit-skills-manos-sailingfishing-gear-added

Rosedunn and Shenzaar like this.
  12. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

We have addressed all your concerns to the developers from this week patch notes' thread.
    Thank you so much for your collaboration and patience, we hope to get feedback in response and more info in the next patch notes. :)

Ventesa likes this.
  13. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

You're not too far off here, but if you had the nodes to sell long distance Grana kicked the **** out of Velia until the previous patch.

Rosedunn likes this.
  14. Rosedunn

Rosedunn Kunoichi 61 NA

That's what I've been working on for the last month, trying to connect down to Grana, but just seems pointless now. :(

15. Jena

It would help a great deal if they would allow us to throw away green fish if they are not going to change the fishing back to the old way. Thx.

Rosedunn likes this.
  16. Gizmous

Gizmous Hotstepper Ranger EU

Do the PA/KAKAO ever to listen the EU/NA forum ? In my experience of 2 years of game they listen very little or never... There where feedback from players about most useless changes they made, and what was the response ? NOTHING i repeat NOTHING cause they do not care about NA/EU player base. Money what they care the most.
    Promises without coverage of balance, global build and more...

#116 Gizmous, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Ruffe likes this.
  17. Suawoy

Dear Kakao,

I understand you being publisher is facade for PA's business of their product in our regions. There is issue with that relation as you are not true point of contact. In modern companies being point of contact is ownership over information flow from within to customers. That means true understanding and knowledge of product(s). In here we have bad case of child game of "broken phone". Interested parties never are in direct contact and as such information between them becomes distorted and altered. This shows how PA is "smart ass" in their "strategy" towards customers. They put forefront (Kakao) to get all heat and sewage and hide behind "publisher". Publisher points developer company and devs point publisher. Again kindergarten sandbox tactics. Personally I don't envy your position.

When we (community) say we need to have dialog over certain aspects of product we are not about throwing rocks against wall just to hear sound of falling rocks. We would like to cooperate for mutual benefit. Practices of pretending that "we hear your voice" only lead to lesson that this term is meaningless. I have feeling game here is to push boundaries as far as people will stop paying. Then s$&t ton of events and freebies. Reminds of raising kids in bad manner. With games, movies and books products will always be connected to some passion and may lead to unreasonable expectations and reactions. All these points to our patience is on edge, there is no collaboration and all we get in next patch notes is "information" that confuses or makes more people raging, changes nobody asked for.

I guess in short terms. Guys, we are fed with that imitation of communication. Can for once in while we have PA to give statement about changes and and why they want to be implemented that way not another?

Concerned customer

18. reconkangas

The Problem is not that those above are not listening , It is the discourse that happens between the parties.

Let me give you an example.

CM Yukimura own words "We addressed your concerns" this is not simply just one persons concerns this affects the entire player base since fishing is one of the only major or primary things to make AFK silver in this game.

Gizmouse own words "Do the PA/KAKAO ever to listen the EU/NA forum ? In my experience of 2 years of game they listen very little or never..."

In which of these two statements does it leave any room for discussion? On one hand we get a CM making a public statement and the response is YOUR FULL OF CRAP ?

I realize people are frustrated i get it totally, but we need to remember that in today's age of social activism especially in a public point of view your actually getting the developers and management teams as well as MODS CM or anyone that is willing to make a statement to stop making statements at all do to the constant trash that is social media in these forums.

We all have been known to set a dumpster fire to the other members here i am no exception to the rule,. to me when you breach common sense i tend to get pretty salty and can run like a troll here as well. but i don't specifically trash CM or mods that are willing to come here and talk i realize respect is prob not the 1st thing you learned in life but i can say that not flaming the company or those that represent them that you are trying to get tot talk to you would be a good start.

We have a lot of factions here in BDO and its forums/Reddit everyone believes in so many different ways to solve issue's if you want a viable game as well as changes in the game it has to come as one voice "common ground" BDO is P2W has been since launch it will always be that way to varying degrees but the community cant even agree on this alone. so how are you supposed to communicate anything with any sense of literacy when you have P2W and Anti's shouting at each other.

There is a time and place for rhetoric but chanting "HELL NO" "YOU SUCK" over the the top of another person while they talk creates ZERO discourse and it is needed badly. i do actually enjoy playing BDO and would like to continue.