1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 11th July 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Ravenfield

upload_2018-7-11_9-0-11.png So movement speed has been changed but not been changed...wut? you need to explain better!

LORDZERG and Azaleh like this.
  2. Clowy

Has the world boss offin tetts hp been reduced?

3. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Cloud Ride. I'm saying it every week for 2 months.

4. Lilcrow972

MYSTIC SHUDAD WHEN
    [​IMG]

Makiisbae likes this.
  5. Zygmunt

Thanks for the nagging window that allows me to reset my quick hotkeys and reload ui which will crash anyway as it did before.

6. Gispry

How is the tag system useful at all? it just seems like you will now have more lag in towns because there are going to be afk characters there that are just empty shells

7. Ateena

Another useless patch.

8. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

@CM Yukimura when Mysteries of Summer have real end?
    07/18 9:00 UTC (Patch Notes info)
    07/19 9:00 UTC (MoS website)

Pls let us know please

9. Slytrix

Everyone is talking about Musa/Maehwa buffs ... what buffs? It was grapple shot changes, grapple shot is practically useless in almost every PvP & PvE situation.

Samael_II likes this.
  10. LordNemeroth

I see no mention of the random frame-rate drops that occur during combat and PvE grinding that are still on-going in this game (I myself have been experiencing for the last two months now.)

For those that will suggest it's my hardware, it's not. I was playing this game with frame-rates beyond 60 frames at all times and now it just randomly dips from 60 to 10-15 in the middle of combat or completely freezes for a second or two. Also, this is the only game I'm having this issue on.

Samael_II likes this.
  11. ghoulz666

Why not buff musa/maew preawakening blade work instead of those dumb clunky arrow skills that hog up more of the skill tree than they should?

Samael_II likes this.
  12. chendu

they better be !

Finally something going in a good direction, yeay !

13. Xexorian

Hello, could you guys please make Guild Wagon's a thing, where we can use the guild interface on the side of the wagon, accept guild missions from them and even deposit to the guild warehouse remotely, as well as purchase guild shop items, and carry up to like 5 guild members at a time. Maybe allowing us to link an extra wagon to it for up to 10 people at once, lead by 4 horses. It would be nice also to have a guild flag, and more benefits and realism added to the idea behind the guild wagon's purpose as a mobile unit for guild's to work out of as a team.

Could you also please allow item trading?
    Could you also change the marketplace to allow any price we set for items (free market)?
    Could you also please add more super armors to warrior, or fix their block to be more like the Valkyrie's. I would appreciate a 270 degree cone-shaped block, instead of the 180 degree block, and also, I would appreciate a much greater if not close to 100% CC immunity if im facing my target with my block up. (We don't need lingering SA, perhaps, but I would enjoy at least having a stronger block that isn't the same thing as the S key for basically every class.) I would also enjoy a much longer uptime on the third RMB effect in awakening that adds %AP< and like confirmation this actually works. I've been testing it with some friends and it does not appear to be adding 20% more AP to my character as I would imagine. If 20% was actual character AP, I would even be moved into another renown bracket, making me MUCH more powerful, but instead the 20% for 9~ seconds does not appear to effect my damage that much. Similarly to how my block buff does not as well.)

Furthermore, a major complaint I have right now, is how short the Knockdown / downed effects are for most of warrior's skills. The only skill with a knockdown long enough to make use of, is the knockdown we get from Reckless Blow. However, all my other knockdown's even upper shield strike's float KD is not lasting long enough to charge up a reckless blow and land a hit, and with even just 100-200ms latency, it's hard to land an instant-reckless blow after seeing a KD effect land due to server lag. I would greatly appreciate it if warrior's down effects were more consistent and not all super short. When I get KD'd by a lot of other classes like most of sorc's abilities, and others like musa, ninja, they last long enough that I can be completely killed before I can get up, even by people under my renown score and under my SP score significantly. This doesn't feel right. If you remove all of warrior's old tankiness, you should also buff their abilities to deal DPS or burst DPS more effectively. Adding ground smash/roar to our awakening kit a few weeks ago was nice, and lowering the CD's are nice, but most classes can still iframe or get away from these skills. Warrior still relies on getting a good CC effect to deal damage, and in that regard, people simply get up too fast to make use of it. Either all of our animations need to be about 20% faster naturally, or we need the longer down effects most classes outside of warrior enjoy on way more skills, than the only skill we get it on (reckless blow) which needs it, to even use it to get a good combo attack, and we CANT do that without having a group and relying on someone else to get a long CC down effect, then you can test dmg and see the huge difference that makes, more like how a musa or ninja can down you and use several skills in rapid seccession to do 80%+ of your HP even around the same renown.

I am disappointed that this week's class balance changes did not reflect a deeper understanding of the current imbalances still left behind after the unexpected CC and renown changes all classes took a hit. However, some of them are not balanced, and some things were not considered deeply enough by the development team when they were implemented (at least here in NA). Like for example the fact that all by 1 of the warrior's down effects do not last long enough to do (balanced) better damage with, we can only get partial grave digging or other hits, and usually that's from chaining the skills and ASSUMING you got a KD before it even happens due to lag, and simply how fast people get up after taking a CC from a warrior.

I'm sure other classes have similar issues, as I have spoken with them, and tested some of these mechanics, and their CC's also have similar discrepencies where they will visually knock someone down, but upon further testing, we realized, certain CC's are stronger than others, even though the effect looks the same, the time spent on the ground varies. Either all of the CC's need to be made to be the same (stronger in my opinion, by lasting longer) or they need greater variation in how they work to control your character.

For example, stiffen instead of working exactly like a stun, could simply be a 90%~ slow to your animations - and remove any super armorsfor the duration while they are in effect. For example, if a wizard uses his blink he would still be in an iframe while blinking away, but if another class uses a super armor movement skill, their animation will be slowed, and the super armor will not be in effect until the animation and stiffen effect wears off, and speeds back up to normal speed. The idea behind this being that stiffen simply does that, makes your attacks more obvious, like as if you're reeling from pain, and slows you down. It would require some major coding rework I imagine and would bring about a plethora of other bugs with classes skill animations and combos presenting a huge amount of testing required.

That is just one example, among many others I could make in addressing how to fix up some of these lingering issues regarding PvP and PvE. I am still salty that Ronin continues to repeatedly charge me sometimes and then others doesn't at all, also, the chain CC's we experience from mobs should not be possible. Why are PvE CC effects any different than PvP?

Also, where are the instanced Battlegrounds? Capture the flag? King of the Hill? Wagon's with cannons racing around at dusk, with a good cinematic backdrop, and lanterns swinging around, I can almost smell the gunpowder and mud from here. There's so much you guys would and can explore that would make this game even greater, if only your team could stop breaking stuff in the meantime. Give us more. Also it seems like the dreigan expansion is even smaller than kamasylve, which was even smaller than margoria, which was even smaller than Valencia. What happened to the air ships? Giant's land? Level scaling to 80? Will you guys increase the cap? When is NA getting the caphras enhancement system, and why aren't you bumping the enhance items up 2 ranks and our characters by 1-2 levels each expansion? You could easily make TRI the new PRI, and keep going past +20, giving people who spent time ranking up to 20 an edge, but not maintaining that power as the power gap from 56+ onwards continues to grow and change. I could even see a second awakening beyond 70 where we unlock a subclass, and change our awakening weapons for new ones. (maybe like a 30 day thing so we can experiment with different sub classes). (Think of how many games handle subclassing, and apply the thought process here.) We could have warriors that get more ranged attacks, with spears and we could get stronger tank specs, and actually get a good 'raid triangle' going where wizard/witch and Valkyrie for example can get a subclass that focuses on healing more often, and then we could get NON-INSTANCED open world dungeons with large underground and above ground areas that get harder the faster they are cleared, so having a lot of people show up makes the areas tougher, and more risky to PVP in. You could also do some really cool boss fights, other than these field bosses, with rather simple AI. Where are the large monsters like Kzarka, Kutum, Puturum? We could honestly have a farther south area implemented for lvl 70's with huge open world areas filled to the brim with nothing but boss-level mobs and high end hunting parties with like +25 gear being the new endgame, and totally blow past PEN memes.

Which brings me to another point, PEN should never fail beyond like 300 failstacks, for those people trying, it is absolutely nuts that you guys make so much money but yet can't even tell use the % chance we have to fail or succeed enhancements.

Your president of the company promised to be less vague to the north American community and while we receieved some of that in the minor stats, we still have a lot of unknown RNG in the game, that would be greatly appreciated if this issue was rectified, instead of relying on half-fulfilled promises, and false truths.

The enhancement system should always gain % chance with increasing failstacks and never have a point where it cannot be 100% chance if you simply fail that much.

In fact, as you get higher and higher with tet and pen attempts specifically, your chance should go up more and more the closer you get to some final maximum chance where we say "Hey you've spent enough money (like 8 times what its worth by now) to get this item from a preorder more than 6 times higher than max." like, it's pretty easy to figure something like that out, even if it is insane, and really hard, I know people who have spent thousands on artisan memories and quit with multiple 200-400 failstacks.

Just saying. Fix your game. This patch was a let down, personally. Also, jarette's accessory box is absolutely ridiculous, why even have it on black spirit adventure 1. You should make them enhance-able and way easier to enhance than asula's or other items. They could also be exchanged for with something most people don't do a lot of like bandit hunting for imperial conquest seals, and handing them to the princess herself for the accessories.

And one more thing to rant about, the T5 adventurer horses you give out are all the exact same stats and horse, they're all completely 100% identical. Why not change them up a bit? And why no females? Also, I think players should have the option to reset breed's with silver or items farmed with other professions, when they register them especially. I'm sick of seeing T7+ females with 0 breeds, and some of this vague stuff, new players have no idea how that works. Some girl bought a T7 female and wanted to breed her after spending hundreds of millions of silver (which is worth $100's if you buy silver by the way) and she was upset she had to buy a breeding coupon just to get a horse with her male.

These pay 2 win lifeskill mechanics are garbage. I feel the same way about auto-looting pets. T4 pets are ridiculously better than T3 or weaker. I'd also like to see the RNG removed from the pet system entirely. Instead of T1-T4 you guys should've just implemented a breeding system, wild catching system for them, and made them level from 1-40 instead of 1-10. Making high level pets something you personally work towards, not an RNG Real Life Money sink, cause gambling is bad enough already when you click for tet ogre ring. We don't need to be shoveling you guys piles of money for RNG pay 2 win pets.. I'm not saying don't sell pets, I'm saying make all the pets more useful, in some way, even if it's just removing tiers and making them level higher and for longer periods of time, and maybe having alternative ways to increase or improve their AI and loot radius and other factors.

Okay, now i'm done. //rant

Soren00 likes this.
  14. KingKickAss

Is that a... test server being added?

Okay so roll us back to pre-renown with lingering super armor still removed...

Samael_II and iller like this.
  15. Velexia

So Coherent UI still isn't fixed, but now I will get a pop up everytime I open up the map harassing me about reloading the UI, which also won't fix it. Excellent work.

16. Velexia

Now, I am in no way supporting or suggesting that anyone who is using Windows 7 should abuse game mechanics in an exploitative way, but if I remember correctly, there was an exploit using Reset UI that caused them to remove that function from the game...

So if someone with Windows 7 WERE to use this new ability to Reset UI by simply opening the Guild Window, or Map, in an exploitative way, MAYBE, based on past history with this company, they would be inclined to actually get the Coherent UI fixed. But more likely they would just remove this extremely annoying pop-up.

In the meantime, the silver lining is, I can finally use ResetUI again to remove the thousands of pings on my map when trying to lead my Cannon Team during Node and Siege Wars...

I would be super impressed with Pearl Abyss / Kakao if they acknowledged that they held two events which REQUIRE the CoherentUI to be working (Lahn Beauty Contest and Black Spirit Adventure) while knowing that a significant portion of their userbase were unable to participate without using Vista Compatibility Mode which makes the game unplayable, and dished out some compensation, and actually fixed it. They are currently blame shifting, saying that it is CoherentLabs' problem while ignoring the fact that not only are other regions not affected by this bug, but several months ago, no one in NA/EU was affected by this bug either, meaning it was a change to the BDO code specific to Kakao that caused it.

#56 Velexia, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  17. iller

I fully tested it just now, and it ACTUALLY MAKES THE GAME WORSE IN EVERY ASPECT POSSIBLE

Not just worse in my own opinion, but OBJECTIVELY way more of a hassle than it was yesterday. There's literally no upside to it other than ganking someone else "for grind Spot" which only serves to make the community that much more Toxic

#57 iller, Jul 11, 2018
  18. Tanjirin

You may as well just put out patch notes that state:
    Another week of nothing you want. Go back to fishing or playing whatever game you've been playing while we've been trying to rape the wallets of other countries by introducing BDO to their regions and platforms. We have your money - We don't have time for you.
    We did put in a new feature but, since none of you wanted it and it doesn't provide any worth to your gameplay experience, we'll let you figure it out on your own so that we don't have to listen to you ***** about how it makes the game worse.

We're listening to you like a 90 year old great grandparent listens to their great grandchild.

P.S. We fired our costume programming team. We will be having another community costume contest soon, so you can see a bunch of cool 'what could of been.'

lol that's what you should retitled this game, 'What Could Have Been: Online'
    We want to play an actively developed game. Not wait for you to saturate the world markets, then maybe get some content that doesn't make us give a WTAGDMF face.

Isstine likes this.
  19. iller

Dying in a "Combo" is an overestimate at this point. ...At 500gs all boss gear, I spent most of last night being killed in the FIRST HIT (after being knocked down). ...No combo necessary. Just unblockable instant knockdowns that for some reason go through Super Armor more than 50% of the time too, followed by instant death. And this is only on Tier1 nodes. It's happened constantly against multiple members of Spartan, NewEra, Legatum, Digital, BGH, Zora, Throne, Hexe, Ventus, DMG, Element, you name 'em ...and half the members in my own guild whenever we RBF. You don't even have to be "softcapped" to just One-Hit kill a 500gs player anymore, it's completely ridiculous

**** that new Nodewar system they're planning on adding... instead of capping the number of players each guild can bring per Node they own, it should be capping all those member's Renown AP bonuses instead.

#59 iller, Jul 11, 2018
  20. Wispur

How have you guys managed to get this far past the CC Change patches, and not reworked Berserker yet?

Every class (or pair of classes) has a unique gimmick.
    For some classes that's taking a mechanic to an extreme (like Musa speed)
    For other classes, it's something unique, like Ninja stealth or Lahn Gliding.

The Berserker Class took Grapples to an extreme, that was their gimmick.

The entire class was designed around multiple grapples. They have 4. They have a passive that enhances Grapples.
    The class was literally designed around the concept of having multiple CC's.
    That's all gone now.

The class has no more unique gimmick, and needs to get that uniqueness back.

P.S. This isn't about their power level, it's about the uniqueness of the class, that something special that gives you a reason to play that class instead of another.