1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 15th January 2020

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 15, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

15012020 PN.jpg

Greetings Adventurers,

Starting today, you will be able to pre-create the Guardian, the master of the Holy Flame. Upload to the gallery your best and unique creations to win special rewards! Remember that you will be able to play with the Guardian on January 22nd!

Also, another week we are receiving the succession for a new class: this time the Dark Knight will recover her forgotten powers to crush her enemies!

Finally, Dark Rifts will be getting a boost for a limited time: get more rewards and complete them more frequently with this new special event.

As usual, you can find the details of today's patch notes below. Enjoy!

New pearl shop arrivals can be found here:

Enjoy!
    BDO Team.

#1 CM Yukimura, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. Altey

it shows the eclipse set but in game there's no place to buy it. was this a mistake in showing it in the pearl shop update? upload_2020-1-15_8-9-1.png

#2 Altey, Jan 15, 2020
    Naho, Cosmium, Erroll and 4 others like this.
  3. Lillesofie

Thank you for the patch notes! The new Black Spirit's Adventure is great!

The one Dark Knight outfit is missing IN GAME. Like the guy above me said.

4. T800

Going all out with Pearl Shop sales again?

Even bringing RNG box back?

[​IMG]

Something terrible must be going on in the office, if you trying to cash in so generously.

Phoenixxx75, Graugus, Souda and 3 others like this.
  5. Tiffyshade

I came to see the ecplise outfit but it is not there in the options to choose or to be bought seperatly :(

Fateneko and Altey like this.
  6. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Ah yes...there they go with lootboxes again as expected. Noone saw that comming ahah. Ah.
    Would be nice if you at least let us disable your huge cash shop popups in game, because disabling it in alert options does not work. I know it's hard to believe, but some people don't want to use the cash shop, so please stop forcefully throwing that on my screen ruining my gaming experience, thank you.

That sad moment when you really like game's visuals, gameplay, world and its style but then they smear a bunch of poop all over it. And all your friends leave the game and now you are alone here, just as this non socible solo mmo planned from the start.
    Small rant over.

#6 onaco, Jan 15, 2020
    Phoenixxx75, Ludakriss, Souda and 3 others like this.
  7. zhagsten

Half of the pictures on the patchnotes are broken.

Also I fail to see how 3 pets for 3300 pearls is a discount.

8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Nice wizzard buff, where is nerfs from archer/sorc and any fixes for DK ? What is this patch ?

Erroll likes this.
  9. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

Thanks, just what I was hoping for, more crap back on the screen :) It's even animated! Perfection.

[​IMG]

Edit: Oh, so is the coupons down there.. lol

Monetization is important but damn there seems to be a real push lately..

10. Erroll

Erroll DarkKnight 63

You don't understand... We have succ now, so we don't need to play with awakening... This is the "fix" lmao...

11. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

Dat UI. Needs more overlap though. More animation too. [​IMG]

Edit: I know these aren't a huge deal and the deals icon thing will go away once you open it, but the UI of all things should left for the players. Make it for us, not for development convenience(Console UI merge). Not that the changes all look bad or anything, but the ones that do look good do so because of how it's been newly laid out. Examples of those would be such as the Title and History sections of the My Information page. Those would be amazing if they used the old, styled UI. Changes all take time to adjust to, but how is big and bland better than uniquely styled to the game?

I also realize I am mixing issues here, with the changes vs some of these general practices in my screenshot, but the UI has really always been an issue. If BDO is meant to be a next-generation MMO, even if it's now getting some years along, we should have a nice fully modular UI that allows scaling. All elements should be able to be turned on/off. I don't think that's so crazy.

Okay small pointless edit feedback-rant done. Just in that type of mood I guess.

Edit2: Follow-up thought: I realize some do like the new UI, but I'd be genuinely shocked to see it's the majority of PC players.

#11 Danchou, Jan 15, 2020
  12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Yes to increases reroll speed, as w/o mid range skills, DK now will die even faster

Cosmium and Erroll like this.
  13. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Thanks for the heads-up, we are fixing the banners.:)
    As for the pet price, keep in mind that the Wizard Gosphy is worth 1650 Pearl.

Andaro and Lillesofie like this.
  14. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

thanks very much PA. so i can die even more beautiful

Fateneko, Naho, Eoten and 1 other person like this.
  15. petesonline

Reducing the chance of barter boxes was a bad idea. The chance was pretty rare before now they are nonexistent. At least some people would sell the he contents, but now many hot items items are low on MP. I hope they change this.

Patrik2991 likes this.
  16. Stealthe

If your a ranger and get grabbed it may as well just skip straight to the respawn screen.

On that note thank you PA for bringing us weekly updates to constantly have things to look forward to which makes the game never get stale

People who QQ will always find a reason to...if the game was perfect they would QQ that it was too perfect.

#16 Stealthe, Jan 15, 2020
  17. TE_Sephiroth

upload_2020-1-15_18-47-28.png
    You can still you a loyalty character slot expansion, they just didn't update the text on the item. Still says 18 when it should say 19. Confirmed I used Loyalty to make my Guardian 5 minutes ago

Nixal likes this.
  18. Veoh Techstarify

for a change an exclusive DK outfit which is not domina like, and for that even looking very pretty xD ´
    But it is very similar looking to the Kuno succ Oufit on the back.

19. hightech

hahah good laugh a lootbox gets you to quit a game.... I do not see any issue with the shop.
    Everybody is complaining over and over and over again about the same stuff every week.
    They HAVE TO earn money and they earn a lot of money with the shop.

So the majority of people like those offers.

And guess what the half of the crying people here are buying those items as well.
    Double moral!!

Hillarious.

Seriously there are tons of good discounts atm.
    Blessing got buffed // Life skill and Exp books are buffed and many more stuff.

What is the issue??

20. Tiffyshade

Why do you removed the pic from the patch notes instead of giving us the outfit? I mean it is avaidable in Korea for months.
    BDO has one of the most beautyful graphics and instead of usind this and sell more fashion only updates you keep getting more p2w stuff like Loot boxes, Kama Blessing, Book of Moon, etc.
    You wasting soooo much potential and scare away so many players and got blamed for this rightly.