1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 16th August 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Kabz, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Ginger Beard Dwarf

REMOVE PAY TO WIN, Such a scummy tactic. This is actually ****ed I hope other people wise up and stop spending money on this game till you take the community seriously...

2. andreaz70

To make a long story short: Not any cent from me ever again...

TheAtomicBunny likes this.
  3. Haggad

4. SpeedMetal

SpeedMetal HaiIOdin Warrior EU

Doubt it will happen. Too many money-throwing dopes around.

TheAtomicBunny likes this.
  5. Rayut

new patch new error
    Launcher 'stuck' at 64% progress gg

6. T800

Ruffe likes this.
  7. Stillwaters

I had the same thought as well but to be honest it was way more than the ptw that killed Arch age it was crap management blown patches,etc,etc they royally f ed up at every turn

8. LunaValentyn

GM's please take note at all the angry people over pay to process/promote faster. Maybe it would be wise to take that out before you lose the community. If you grab at pennies, you will lose dollars. This isn't a phone ap and you're killing the game. This isn't like letting people sell costumes, this is actually bad, a lot of silver comes from processing, you're actually going to ruin the economy and drive people away.

You need to listen to the community, we are the customers, we are your income, we are the users. You'd make more money selling value packs in the long run than adding in micro-transactions and driving people away. If you want a cash burst now, just give us all the costumes. You'll make more money by balancing the classes than by these quick ploys for cash though. The better the balance, the more people stay, the more people stay, the more value packs sell, value packs are a much better source of income over time. People will sustain value packs however if you bleed to community dry too soon, you don't have nearly as much income in the future.

At very least limit the number of times people can speed processing/promotions with pearls on a weekly basis.

#408 LunaValentyn, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  9. Vynda

May I just ask what actually is wrong with that? It's not giving anyone a huge advantage, than crafting the epheria sailboat more quickly or crates or thick fishing rods. But realisticly I think people will use it only on certain things to progress a little bit faster, but in the end all that is achieveable in quite the same time.

And tbh... if someone is willing to spend all his pearls to finish crates to gain bigger ingame money, well, he could with pearl-shop-items and marketplace anyways, no?

I'm not a fan of this, but in the end I doubt it will have huge impact on the game. What does a better worker give you? Just some higher stats, so a little bit more yield of the node, so more material or more money. If you consider a promotion to be around 244 pearls it's like 2,50 EUR. If someone is willing to pay that instead of waiting 24h, well go for it. Personally I would use the pearls on something else from the store.

10. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Why did you guys not let small guilds be able to get the attendance rewards as well? I swear whoever is responsible for making these decisions are literal scumbags sometimes. You're cutting certain player base out from being able to receive things others can with your stupid restrictions.

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Soulscar

Pay pearls for what now? LMMFAO!!! Time to free hard drive space.

Smaxx, Square_N, Ruffe and 1 other person like this.
  12. LunaValentyn

The issue is the items crafted being sold in market. It gives people with more money an advantage. It also means you can level life skills faster which is now tied to siege repairs. People who spend more money will have more silver and a better time at siege now. Crates are also a decent income as well, overall it'll probably lower the value on crafted items as a whole making them not worth selling on the market so people will make less of already rare items and people will ruin trade by flooding the traders making it harder for everyone. It's either going to ruin the profits of processing and trade or make those things very pay to win. There's actually a lot of profit to be made from crates as well so people with money can get more silver and enhance higher as a result. Someone who spent 500 dollars last month has a higher chance of enhancing all their gear to pen than someone who spent 15 dollars. The costume sales are very small profit and limited by week so it's not as big of an issue because it's not worth spending 30 bucks for that small amount of silver however if you spend 30 bucks to make crates, the income is potentially higher if you know what you are doing not to mention there is no limit on the number of times someone can speed things along which allows some rich folks to spend 300 dollars on making crates, get rich from trade, trade is a life skill, they now can afford better gear and have an advantage in siege. That is the problem.

13. LegendXCarisso

Sooooo.... I've noticed while the entire community is melting down over assuming that somehow Pay-to-Progress-Faster = Pay-to-Win, I'm brooding more over the fact that small guilds are getting a huge middle finger over these "guild attendance rewards".

....Are you SERIOUSLY going to screw us small-timers out of good rewards all because we don't want to become some big ass juggernaut?

Stillwaters likes this.
  14. Nymika

Daum/Kakao why can't you take a page from Dungeon and Fighter's book? Neople doesn't nickle and dime their players and actively gives away loads of free avatars and other things you would normally only find in the cash shop in events (Also skill resets are free); not to mention Neople actually play their own game and understand what impact their design choices have. Blue Hole Studios also gives away costumes and avatar items in every seasonal event in Tera. Nexon even finds it in their hearts to give players one or two underwear and hair coupons for Vindictus as a means of good will for player retention, not to mention they only charge 60-75% of what you do for equivalent items. How are you this kikish of a company that you have to grab every single shekel imaginable?

Also nobody should be coming in here and defending micro-transactions, you should always make as hard a stand as you can or else they will continue to **** on you as a player.

Dunkleosteus likes this.
  15. Objektdefeyed

Did Kakao do a merger with Trion? I payed for this game and spent over 100 dollars in the cash shop, not a lot of money but I have only been playing for a month and a half. At the very least I think having the option to remove the free to play complete now tabs should be an option. I'm holding on to my cash to see where this goes.

16. Pixii

How much real money is that though? Like, lets say someone spends $100 a day to make that 157 million.. are they going to keep spending $100 a day? That's insane. That's 1%er kind of real life money. People don't spend $100 a day on pixels. At least not the majority of the community. So sure. SOME people may be able to afford and are willing to spend that kind of real cash, but it doesn't matter if it's possible, it's not plausible.

17. LunaValentyn

But if people spend once a month like that or even just 30 bucks(the price of a costume), they benefit greatly. Daum and Kakao don't deserve any kind of defense for this, if we waver now, it'll only get worse, we have to draw a line as was mentioned above. More people than you would think would gladly throw 100 at the computer a week for a benefit in siege and better gear and it will create a divide between players who cannot and players who can. Players who throw money at the game will raise the standard gear requirements to PEN which is much harder to obtain for a normal player meaning the cash spenders will be inevitably harder to fight and people will leave. Once enough people leave, the cashers will also get bored and leave and the game will die.

No matter how small this looks, it's a step in the wrong direction and we need to stand firm here and now, I've seen many games crash and burn and this could be the start of the end if they don't do something about it.

Ruffe and Dunkleosteus like this.
  18. mrtoon316

^SO MUCH THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

19. Zetectic

Zetectic Witch 61 NA

How do I start Rulupee’s World Travel Season 2? I got a quest from black spirit, I went to Altinova and completed it, but there was no follow up quest.

20. Heysz Oknots

Small guilds are irrelevant, you're all a bunch of griefing clowns.

Ruffe likes this.