1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 16th May 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Kabz, May 16, 2018.

1. spiritfox

FIX THE LAUNCHER OR AT LEAST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT! CAN'T EVEN DOWNLOAD THE GAME! WTH!

2. Inspirer

remove the shield and take away the lancia!

Hindsight, JillValentime and Ruffe like this.
  3. Guda

O M G. what the hell is going on this forum. Lets see..
    RIP musa maehwa
    Rip berseker
    Rip sorc
    Rip valk
    Rip ranger
    Rip witch also
    Rip warrior!
    Oooh, kuno is dead :(
    Tamer is dead a long time
    So, there left striker mystic wizard and ninja so they are the only ones on S super god mega omega alpha goddouble tier?
    Because i dont think so :)
    You just act here like a kiddos go uninstall bdo dont need you acid kids...

bobom, Vyky and Ruffe like this.
  4. Requiem_Abaddon

You forget DK? No more CCs, no protection...

5. Cold Napalm

DK died last patch. So the RIP DK is already a week old.

bobom, Vallkhan and JillValentime like this.
  6. MrSirGuy

I change my mind. I really like what PA is doing with these new patches. If we get lose SA-FG but we end up having LONGER battles or 1v1 i'm down.

Guda likes this.
  7. parapluie

parapluie DarkKnight 62 EU

The changes you made to this game in the past 2 months are the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    I played this since release and I want my game/money back.
    Uninstalled and not supporting your lame company in any way until you revert this stupidity.

Qasim likes this.
  8. Vafthrudnirson

Man you guys are playing with fire. Whether you love the SA/CC changes or hate them, I've seen more PEN roulette quitting celebrations in the last 12 hours than in the last 12 months. This was so far beyond the wrong way to do a major combat overhaul. All the changes seem arbitrary and random, and none of them seem to be working towards any kind of goal. You tinkered around with CCs but made no real changes that made CC more fun to use or less spammy, so what's the improvement? Oh now 9 out of 10 grapples whiff because they're locked out by random splash stiffs, but secondary status type CCs like down smash don't affect lockouts so everyone is still constantly CC locked anyway. Nothing changed except CC feels bad to use, the end experience of receiving CC is the same or worse. Then you used the excuse of changing CC to change SA, but since the CC changes were so scatter brained and ineffective the SA changes feel even more scatter brained and ineffective. I'm fine with the idea of changing CC and SA. I'm not fine with changing CC and SA in a way that is clearly and obviously less fun to use, especially if those less fun ways to use them don't even achieve actual change to the end user experience.

And all this really ridiculous nonsense is riding in the wake of the renown bonus disaster. Oh yea let's just plaster an extra 40% stats on people with tet gear vs people with tri gear to try and motivate artisan sales. That definitely wont just have the opposite effect of making the play experience so bad for everyone that people just move on. You're focusing on the wrong problems, "weak" gear score scaling, CC, and SA were never the problems. The gambling only gear progression is the problem that has to be solved above all. People just wanted you to take a few of the stiffs and knockdowns out of mystic so we could play large scale without 10 full DP mystics doing frontal cone stiffen area denials while they had 100% SA uptime. Instead you nuke the whole core combat system? What the actual...

9. MrSirGuy

I think Pa knows what they are doing. This is probably a business or maybe PA must have got stomped by a PRO player and May9th patch happened.

10. Requiem_Abaddon

11. GioRgSaVv

As a new player I never really cared what were players saying about the new updates.

The main reason that I like playing this game is how the combat system is, or was, until they changed Ghost Step on Ninja.

I was used to follow my style in combat, using a lot Ghost Step and Wind Slashes, it was infinite mobility, I really really liked it.
    But after this patch I need stamina in order to use Ghost Step, and this changed everything, I can no longer move around the way I used to.

I read something above that explains the changes in mobility of the characters, but still, after this, I don't feel like playing anymore.

I'm just disappointed with the game, I think I can understand now why players are complaining about the updates.

12. Extrabone

Extrabone Ranger 61

This patch has majorly ****ed with ranger's mobility and effectiveness due to the stamina and mana consumption changes implemented. Strafe attack has been rendered ineffective and our dash has been affected to the degree that our mobility has been greatly disabled (despite us having little to no defensive capabilities). Can't even chase after an enemy without feeling like ranger is a fat kid in P.E class.

Qasim likes this.
  13. Sheneria

Whiteknights sure will tell you that you have to wait just 1 more week and PA will be done implementing the combat changes right?

Wrong. They only began in changing the purpose of each and every class and it will take several months and countless, literally balance breaking patches until we have a somewhat playable combat system that is fun both in pve and pvp (1vs1, small and Large scale, Nodewars and Sieges).

I'm not sure how many people are willing to wait that long to "play" bdo again.

Way to destroy a successful game.

Qasim, Wet Cake, Lorenian and 2 others like this.
  14. Julia_Sabina

Lowest ever Wednesday server population: 14,555 (fewest people to log in within 24hrs of a maint)

Today's server population: 13,720. 17th May is the first time since steam release the player base has fallen below 14,500 players online concurrently.

Die hards can dismiss it as much as they want but this game is now in a severe slump it is unlikely to recover from. Numbers will probably rally with Lahn's release but the game is on a long term downward trend. Dead game? Probably not any time soon... but it is dying.

Wet Cake, Lorenian and Ciroc like this.
  15. Aerys89

I give bdo 6-8 months and it's gone. Then the plebs will be able to hold a grind spot. With no one contesting it.

16. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

RIP All Classes
    RIP Everything
    RIP The World
    RIP The whole Universe including the Superheroes
    RIP The Life including the Death...

Come on guys, everything you said is a:

Don't ******** the bullshitter (1:32):

This is how you look like crybabies:

This is going for weeks.
    Such a Lame band (community)...

#316 Vyky, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Extrabone likes this.
  17. DBN

DBN

18. you get no more Money from me

Melbur and Hindsight like this.
  19. deFleuves

I'm not really triggered by the 180 or the 10 bucks. But what really triggers me is that there is no possibility to trade character slots on the MP. The mind set for a healthy community is somehow missing here.

:(

20. Jagari

Jagari Rauk EU

I'm SO glad i spent thousands of euros in this game...
    Money well spent...

LOL

It's time to give another company all my money.

Melbur likes this.