1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 17th July 2019

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 17, 2019.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

we are aware of your high interest in the special fish event that usually comes with Terrmian Park every year.

It's true, it didn't come together this year, but we want you to know that we are discussing in order to have it this year as well, as we are collecting your feedback in this regard and the majority of you wish to have it.
    We hope to bring it in as soon as possible but unfortunately, it cannot be promised.

On this regard, we would also like to know what you think about the fishing discard changes in this week patch notes as it could impact many aspects of BDO world.
    Thank you for your collaboration. :)

Chinya, Factorial, LORDZERG and 8 others like this.
  2. ghoulz666

Can fish in the sea without being piled up with greens. Very nice, I can freakin SLEEEEEEEEEP now.

Ignore all the greedy peasants too lazy to go work for silver. We already got free silver. You can never appease them.

Aaarggghhh likes this.
  3. NESTINAR

THANK YOU!
    I enjoy the game as a free user ALOT!
    I have my pets and costume from the new action house in a munth from preorder!!!!!
    now i enjoy the game even that i dont play alot yet i think this is the best mmo !

4. Sasira

Please bring back the special fish event, it was always so great!

5. Agent Orange

@CM Yukimura : when comes the Beachwear for the archer??????

6. Narcosis

PA won't allow them, you're supposed to go to the cash shop instead. This game is done for, but a bunch of fanboys will keep repeating everything's fine while mindlessly grinding in the same exact spot for X hours every day, all year. What a joy.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. Iberik

Fishies :(

chendu likes this.
  8. Swift_Foot

Manos gear WHEN???

9. The_Peacekeeper

The_Peacekeeper The_Peacekeeper Witch 62 EU

It would be great if you could do that. Its a nice catch up mechanism for people with full time job or/and families.

Factorial and Sasira like this.
  10. chendu

By the way got to the third tower and nothing... do we have to get a quest beforehand ? cause the sign don't give one... and didn't see anything atop the third tower

11. Ajow

Personally, I miss the 500k fish and hope you elected to bring them back, notwithstanding, there was no prior mention of the "Octo" being deleted, I know many of my guildies were looking forward to the event for the sole reason of fishing up a 500k fish. The economy trolls out there can just lose there minds...so what...add silver so average players can get some rewarding gear.

As to the Fishing discard Changes....notwithstanding the description is clear as mud, as usual.

Well, I guess, my first question is? What was wrong with the 'old' system? Seemed to work fine.

Today: I set my auto-fish to 'Green' and NOW I'm filling up my inventory with Seaweed, etc, and other useless items. I'm not sure I see the "value" in that, but for making me buy more inventory slots...oops. I see...BDO is crafty that way. New Fish Discard system will make peeps go buy inventory expansion slots...Got It! I'm slow!

Having said that I'm at 192 slots...are you planning to increase our inventory bag? If not? ...then... I'm sorry, The 'NEW fish discard' system is valueless for me, as I'm sure it is for others.

Keep up the good work.

12. Jhuino

Jhuino Sorceress 62 EU

Please no fish event. It's one thing listening to and pleasing people who want to get everything without playing the game itself, and another seeing what it does to the economy and how it encourages lazy shits continue being lazy.

Aaarggghhh and iller like this.
  13. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Just want to say thank you as being a guru fisher the option to only catch yellow fish is totally awesome :) As far as Termian goes it does help a lot of new adventurers with a bit of money to be able to catch koi for a while, me personally I just hoard the money with the rest I get in game so that I can buy something nice later on after it accumulates eventually, the koi just helps a bit there. I think a lot of us are used to the event as being traditional as stated already since its usually koi as the main attraction, no koi? wheres the fun in that? :(

Metalharpey likes this.
  14. Impulse

The fishing discard changes seem cool. However I have some questions/comments:

-- The text says "You will discard items below the selected grade during auto-fishing." but the first choice is Do Not Discard, then White, then Green, etc. The choices make it seem like it will discard below and including the selected level.

-- If I have the filter set to Do Not Discard, White, or Green, I still get white junk items like [Tattered Boots] and [Snapped Rope]. Is this intended?

-- If I have the filter set to Blue, I do not get white junk items but I also don't get green fish.

Metalharpey likes this.
  15. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I'm not sure if the fish discard is working for me. I set it to Green, she hasn't caught anything in the past hour and a half except 2 silver keys.
    It says you will discard items below the selected grade, means I should still be catching green fish, correct?

16. Pebbels

put the octopuses, we are disappointed

Factorial, airhead, naraeol and 2 others like this.
  17. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I think a single week of Octopus would help create more excitement and a feel for the event people are use to, without over doing it.

If that’s not an option maybe a temporary increase in blues and golds in the area so people hang around to fish a bit otherwise it’s going to seem like a long and kind of empty event. It’s always nice to see all the people and fishing boats in a festive environment

Metalharpey likes this.
  18. Eternal2nd

Eternal2nd Kamigamino Sorceress 61 EU

Of course "the majority" want it back because the ones who don't don't see any reason to whine here.
    I for myself have no need for an event that objectively forces you to fish 24/7 for weeks to min/max. It's really shitty gameplay.

19. WinterRED

I'm genuinely confused as to why we still don't have Krogdalo's Horse Gear. It's been out in Korea for nearly 9 months, and we have all the items required to craft it in game already. Could any CM's shed some light on the delay of this content? I get the Manos is getting "looked at" and hence the delay, but surely horse armor could just be implemented?

Hemuk and Yulanda like this.
  20. Amuriaky

Amuriaky Kunoichi EU

Please bring back the special fish event, it was always so great!

airhead, Metalharpey and Sasira like this.