1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 18th April 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Apr 18, 2018.

1. PolowBornFly

I tend to NEVER complain about BDO and the patches like the rest of this community but this indeed was the worse patch ive ever seen. I dont see the reason for the CC changes at all it doesnt make any sense nor is it "fair". As the patch notes state i'm sorry but this has ruined the game.

2. SpinDie

Shutup nerd

3. Vanadiel

It's usually not clear if you have to clarify it a few times...

Good thing I rarely use the cash shop. Sounds like a complex shopping system to me.
    I will just continue to buy my outfits from the MP, like I have been for a few years.
    I nearly got all the wizard outfits by now.

Lorenian and RoxiAmbrosia like this.
  4. ODB3698

Yeah..I can't understand how they can cry about that without feeling like idiots. There has never been a pvp game where chain cc has been anything except cancer. No one likes being completely locked out of control of their characters for extended periods of time until dead.

Rosedunn, WarCh1cken and RoxiAmbrosia like this.
  5. Wolfabyssx

Cool..... As usual the female chars getter better updates than the males....
    Nice.......The witch is stronger than the wizard by 0.7-0.4% even though they're the same with different elements lol
    Is she stronger because earth vs water or?

6. DAOWAce

It only took 2 years to implement a multi-storage bundle that includes every region, amazing. And finally there's Epheria storage.. but still no Iliya island, and they're still not part of the region specific bundle for some asinine reason.

How about some loyalty credit to the people who were forced to buy individual storage for Mediah/Valencia/Kama at a higher price before this implementation? Or are we all SOL?

Oh who am I kidding, Kakao doesn't care about their customers.

Rosedunn, Lorenian and WarCh1cken like this.
  7. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

Wizard magic damage actually scaled higher than witch in a datamined sheet. This just bring witch up on par with wizard.

Fateneko, Lorenian and Wolfabyssx like this.
  8. Bladester-James

Yeah, so, right now apparently bound counts as a hard CC towards the max limit even if opponent is already on the ground. You can't bound someone who is already on the ground, so it doesn't make sense that it would count towards the max limit. I imagine it is probably the same for knockdowns and such too since they only listed Stiff/Stun/Knockback as not counting on the ground. Why?

Lorenian likes this.
  9. Sarevok

Revert CC changes and rebalance this god awful Renown system in the VERY NEAR future or I am done.

Thanks

10. SirAnonymous

So I see you changed how CC works... that is definitely NOT a smart idea, all the combo classes are now unplayable (Ninja, Striker, Mystic mostly) why would you change how the CC works, the CC has been how it as for SO long and I've never seen anyone complain about it.... and if anyone is complaining about CC maybe they should change their class to something they would like more? My issue is how my grab doesn't work/reset the other CC as I am a ninja and now my combos will never work... ONE skill would take most of my CC and apply a CD to the CC which is retarded... if people complain about grabs so much maybe they shouldn't play a class that doesn't have one, yet again an idea of REROLLING instead of catering to the little ******* that try to play this game. Maybe keep this game a little more for the hardcore like it was when it first came out... if people don't like something about how their class can't handle something maybe they should play a different class, or even stop playing a game they keeps upsetting them.

Sincerely,
    some Ninja dude

11. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

Its true ninja is the most fcked up class with this patch since they rely so much on grabs

But then again isnt Striker and Mystic being unplayable a good thing? We can all enjoy the game again

12. Yuusai

But then again isnt Striker and Mystic being unplayable a good thing? We can all enjoy the game again[/QUOTE]

of course you can, because we all have to quit or reroll now wuhu~ really? this is so ****ing annoying...let me tell you something If you think stiker or mystic or any other class is too bad ass, then you just have to train more and learn how to defeat them! I train my Gildmembers every day so they learn how to defeat me (striker) thats what it means to become stronger!I've trained a Valk from my Guild for 4 Weeks and after that he kicked my ass and wins every pvp match against strickers. the patch isnt fair at all! all my ****ing combos are useless now, oh wait we still have one ****ing combo so we're not that ****ed up like ninjas (sorry ninja dudes <3). Whatever, I'll spent more time in the arena and find something to kick some ass again!

13. Wolfabyssx

K cool, well since you're here lol I need help. Still kinda noobish.
    Say an enhanced skill shares the same combo. How to you add it to the quick slots if you can't drag it from the enhance skill list?

14. Symphoniiez

im feel okay with new cc system but not good at all i think old is better

we need to revert the patch in to the old patch

and

wipe all ****** extra bonus
    pure stats is real balance dont think more

believe all player in NA isnt trash like KR (im not racist)

when got killed from another geared player
    we will just farming and make the way to strong by ourselves

we dont need buff when we lose

==================================================

and hey if you can do this

please make all pearls item available to gift (even pearls box too)

make limit at pop not on purchase

================================================

and WTF with the prices of pearls item for now ???

P2W???

===============================================

dont forget if you worry about high mob in the future

please just buff us in pve not pvp

15. Vafthrudnirson

CC changes are nonsense, you guys need to test crap like this before you put it live. If you think a class has too much CC then balance them individually. Making even more situations where abilities just don't do what they should is obnoxious. We're already suffering from our grabs not working from desync and unpredictable accuracy/evasion checks. It's just crap. You have a class that has 4 grabs and little else and you make it so people have grab immunity every 2 grabs? Zerker gives up good easy to use super armor, frontal guard, iframes, and consistent damage and now you delete our grab chains too with no buffs to make us like any other 2 cc class? Why?

The classes are built from the ground up around their CC counts. You can not just arbitrarily cap everyone at 2 CCs and call it good. This should have come with a broad class rebalance, not before. This isn't even a bandaid fix, it's a kill a spider by burning the house down fix. This level of laziness/oversight is shameful even in comparison to the low bar you have set for yourselves in regards to pvp balance.

#175 Vafthrudnirson, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Rosedunn and CoMaNdO like this.
  16. Asami

Renown score is actually a major issue on top of the CC changes.

The difference between a 548 gs player and a 588 gs player in renown stats is.

114 more renown AP than a player with 40 less gs and 60 more renown DR than a player with 40 less gs.

That is the difference between a soft cap player and a player over soft cap. This patch destroyed PvP and if its not reverted globally a lot of people are going to quit the game.

Jagari, CoMaNdO and Symphoniiez like this.
  17. DonKiller

DonKiller DonKiller Wizard 63 EU

The problem is not the idea of immunity after 2 CC, is like every other decent mmorpg.
    the problem is why not for ALL CC.

-Perma Stiffness, have no sense
    -Infinite chain of down smash, have no sense

@PearlAbiss do you think we are so retards to not abuse in this way?......
    its ruined.... just ....broken. unplayable.

18. Oni-ni-Kanabo

How you can force ppl to quit....... do a what BDO v been done with last patch.No any logic at what they done....Fluidic of fights by using multiple skill`s=destroyed.Whole fighting mechanic=destroyed...BDO populated by only 2 class witch and wiz= Achieved.

19. Lorenian

You don't balance a system by throwing it into the trash and coming up with a new one. Now you got a new problem, since classes were calibrated for the old system. Ninjas are screwed over because our awakened grab is also a bound, which takes 2 CC casts with one skill. It's basicaly pointless now, since it doesn't deal nearly enough damage to be worth 2 CC casts.
    Plus, the PVE perma CC... Just bring back the old system, and start looking into balancing it. Maybe shorten CC duration so people can actualy escape if they do it right.

Jagari likes this.
  20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Actually that bundle is scam, it does not offer discount at all.

Lorenian likes this.