1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 1st August 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Sheneria

:D:D:D

is this patch a joke? D:<

at least we got a new dk outfit zzz

Ruffe likes this.
  2. Tjaranis

For adventurers who belong to a Guild that successfully occupies a territory, 50% increase in item drop rate boost will be given.
    most broken power boost to 1 guild I've seen yet, which incompetent person did this with no regards or basic clue... what a disappointment yet again -_-

at least it is once again proving they want higher gear gab not lower -_-
    ridiculous imho, as if they don't have enough freebies already at this point -_-

also kamasylva is 20% and you give a 50%.... yer seems about as unbalanced as it can get... even the p2w you find 20% to be the top of how much you can push it but you are going to allow the already strongest, most exploitive, generally least legit users to also now have an extra 50% increase in drops, that is absolutely idiotic imho...
    (and don't try to deny it, i've been in enough top guilds to know what is going on and none i've been in reached the top without several players doing one or several of the complaints above... you simply don't get that)

bdo is such a joke when i see changes like these (which are only truly bad because of the ridiculous progression, gear and stats dependency of combat and the extremely bottlenecked resources.)

edit:
    the problem is for ALL, not just the strongest who already got it the easiest, but ALL people need vastly increased drop rates to try and fix the ridiculous reliance of throttling resource to drag a boring and pointless progression of spreadsheet stats, instead of proper gameplay loops that are actually fun in a semi-fair environment build to make you feel it is fun and challenging instead of 1 shot groups of mobs and see how fast to move from a to b...

grrrr the microtransaction abuse needs to be illegal as fast as possible so we can be done with these horrific bad and abusive designs.

#42 Tjaranis, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    2slice and oxzer like this.
  3. Wada

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
    Bad choice with the extra %50 to the top guilds, it's not fair to the rest of the %90.

2slice and SpiralEnergy like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Community: "Gear gap is too big problem!"

PA: "More buffs for the strongest!"

LMAO :D

5. piratebeowolf

so no boat skin/costume ?

shidoxen and Wada like this.
  6. piratebeowolf

its a 50% increase
    so before they added 50% to arsha so 1 would be 1.5 or 10 would be 10.5 now is 2 and 11 so not alot its the 50% increase people now expect 100 or 150%
    is fine

7. Lowprioking

@CM Yukimura can you please....please....PLEASE....provide us with some form of reasoning or explanation as to why top guilds that hold castles and get sick payout should also be rewarded with increased drops? They already have the option to buy expirable item pieces even because of their networth and yet if our guild was to buy such things we would have maybe 2 pieces max given to players after payout.

Love the horse xp buff event though! Was really needed after months of no focus on horses ^^

Wada and Ruffe like this.
  8. Creence

Creence Witch 61 EU

1,1GB patch for this :D (for steam at least)

9. Shaard

I'm normally quite positive about things but I have to agree with the other comments here; this is an awful patch:

- Content for the 0.1% of the player base who are successful in node-wars and capture a territory.
    - Content for the 0.001% of the player base who are near level 64.
    - The exp gain for horse training is actually insulting. Horse training needs a serious revamp (and I say this with artisan 2 in the trade) since it is one of the most frustrating trades (i.e. why don't I get training exp when I actually train a horses skills up? why doesn't having 100% trained skill seriously increase a horses value).
    - Ongoing events are incredibly lacklustre.

Just because you want some killer content for the 14th of August to compete with WoW should not mean delivering substandard patches by holding 'the good stuff' back. Normal patches should excite us, your stuff to compete with WoW should knock us off our feet. And I mean all of us, not 1% of the player base.

VerboAcido, Pook600, iller and 6 others like this.
  10. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Great another AFK event to make guilds feel completely dead and unsocial...

VerboAcido, iller, Danifae and 2 others like this.
  11. Arexx

game gets better every patch hahaha^^ how to kill ur own game after u made alot of money :P

Ruffe likes this.
  12. Findubar

another afk event. HoW SuRpRiSiNg

Ruffe likes this.
  13. Skalio

Do you intentionally try to make your playerbase quit and kill the game? Good thing new wow expansion in 2 weeks atleast it will have some content for a few months

DarkBever and Ruffe like this.
  14. NannaOgg

They always sneak in upcoming content like the regions. Or else imagine the patch day when ex Drieghan is released.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  15. Khazz68

Not only is the patch a smokescreen and worthless but you are late again in getting the servers online again.

Exitum and Ruffe like this.
  16. Tjaranis

50%asha, 50% valencia castle, 50% scrolls, 20% kamasylva =170% one would hope they don't stack else you just gave the strongest and most p2w/c players an almost 3 times higher drop rate silver/hour gain compared to everyone else....
    which is an absolutely insane boost to such people....

its so broken and stupid, people complain ever since beta that we do not want geargab, people explode and fight +20 with everything we got, we complain for years about how the powerful are uncatchable and just become more powerful.
    and what do these people do?
    make it even worse, create even more geargab and give even more tools for the strongest to guarantee even more geargab yet again..... the incompetence or complete lack of basic idea of RL done from the designer is absolutely staggering...

its truly what we get when we get a game from a society where there are gods and slaves, because of a fcked up disgusting look at human rights and general basic treatment of others and sharing of resources to maximize the happiness of our society, instead of maxing happiness of 1/1.000.000 people on the cost of the million people -_-

Exitum and Wada like this.
  17. crosspath

You should all be ashamed of releasing this **** of a maintenance patch.

18. midgard229

Is it me or the jungle beast looks nothing like the artwork that won the contest? (Which is a good thing)

It looks awesome

19. Flixerine

Flixerine Ranger 63 EU

Wow, this event is a waste of everyone's time involved. These items are available in near limitless amounts on the market, it is the base t9 materials that are the bottleneck, not the damn stonem and the amount you get for turning your slowly trained horses in is a joke.

20. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

that is forgetting the S knowledge as well btw which can go up to another 20%...

Exitum likes this.