1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 23rd October 2019

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2019.

1. BDOISBROKEN

Not only that but when you do speak sense to him/her they "block" you. Like that's mature.... They are obviously upset with the patch but won't say it. Instead they make themselves look childish by venting on the community. IMO they need to reassess whether or not this game is for them, because it's obvious this forum isn't.

onaco likes this.
  2. oliver1071

Honestly I don't see the problem they're out to make money. It's no different then a scratch off in the grocery store. You get nothing 90% of the time but no one is forcing you to buy them. it's not scummy there's no reason that you need to buy anything in bdo.

3. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

That's a bad argument being that if someone does want one of those outfits they indeed MUST buy the loot boxes and potentially spend $70+. Why not just make and sell mor costumes. People will happily buy. This is scummy.

Vorkrunne, Ubbles and MoonDance17 like this.
  4. Ben Phoenix

I do see the problem cause these people are making money selling you boxes with RNG involved which means you are gonna pay without being sure that you are actually gonna get what you wish. If you don't get it, you basically gave away your money and much likely, you are gonna try again until you finally get what you want. It's how you guys are making these "honest" people rich. They don't give you an alternative, gambling or nothing. I call it "taking the piss".

Also the argument "there's no reason that you need to buy anything in bdo" is quite silly cause yeah, you need to buy some things in order to be competitive plus it's nice to change your character's look with new outfits. So yeah, if we didn't need to buy anything PA would have closed down long ago.

#124 Ben Phoenix, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  5. Cynica

Great patch -- really enjoying the content. I'd like to be able to use the black spirit on the ship, but it's a minor inconvenience.

I'm constantly reminded why I stay away from forums, lots of crying as always. For those that want to que up the Archage argument, please go and play it if you don't like bdo... I'm sure you'll be thrilled with what you find aha. This game is five dollars during most sales, you pay or play how you want. More content than anything else on the market for five dollars, in my opinion.

One shout out though to this comment left by @ghoulz666,
    "Ship is at a complete standstill against the wind. RNG travel. This croc of @#$% won't get annoying at all...." -- this isn't accurate at all, you're just bad at sailing and they won't be able to fix that.

6. -----got

Quit this trash long ago but wanted to see what their response has been to AAU as far as content is considered because like everyone knows, BDO falsely advertised their game as PvP when they initially released but then decided they'd rather target your girlfriend instead. And that was the only reason why they had so many initial players in the first place: People thinking its something that its not and stuck around waiting for it to come but it never did (PvP modes and content).

I have to say. Damn, you know a game is completely dead, casual, RP/my little pony when feedback and complaints about costumes get all the likes from the community and feedback/complaints about actual game content is ignored. Phahahahah. I read the comments and 99% are people crying about some costumes or useless trash lmao. Phahah, rich spoiled idiots crying because they can't spend more money on costumes this week.

#126 -----got, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  7. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

PvP would be better with more battlegrounds besides Red Battlefield, and if they remove the stupid passive mode when you are killing a world boss.

8. ghoulz666

Explain to me how I'm bad? I've got a particular direction I need to go, and the wind and current is against me. Please enlighten me as how I'm supposed to get around that other than waste more time.

9. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you believe a Lootbox and a scratch off is the same thing.

Nihm likes this.
  10. hightech

Hmmm it is weekend go and play the game.
    I like the lootbox, you get a good deal for your money no matter what item you get.
    And to get the "switch of a costume from a different class" it cost 7700 so a half backed loot box ^^
    Melting sharps atm to go for my weekend enhancement session...I like!! My guys comming a little later and we go out on the ocean to check it out.
    Afterwards we will introduce a new friend of us to the game. Man what a great day awaits us but certainly you can further complain about the cash shop...good choice as well ^^

oliver1071 likes this.
  11. SyreneLillianaide

Absolutely wonderful!!! ❤️

12. Leyren

The sea update is okay. You don't necessarily sail straight, you can take in your sails if nothing else works, and the questline gives you free skilled 1 if you don't have it already. With back wind you become quite fast as well. Not inherently bad, just different and less autopath travel.

Pearl shop is as always.. expensive as hell. Still think they'd earn more money by putting more decent prices, making more people wanting to buy it.

Also, to some people here; prognosis like 'everybody is gonna leave to play game X' (in this case AA:U) , 'WE want xyz' (<- seriously lol, don't speak for a community) and 'Game is dying!' are quite ridiculous. A playerbase is not completely homogenous thinking, not everybody is preferring one game over another or wanting the same thing for a game. And as someone who plays both BDO and AA:U, I don't even see how AA:U could be favored by many. For the game is dying part.. companies release their financial reports each quartal, apart of that you got things like steam charts (which ofc does not include the people using the standalone version). But I guess 'Hurr durr game is dying hurr' is easier.

Rising_Chaos and Chaos Ronin like this.
  13. Tjaranis

REMOVE THE EXTREMELY BROKEN STATS BRACKETS!!!!

200 AP as max bracket, how can anyone think a Wupping 80% of soft-cap as a stats bonus, isn't game breakingly bad design... ....

#133 Tjaranis, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2019
  14. Hiperi0n

why the upgraded epheria sailboat doesn't have the black sail anymore? it's a bug? or is now ptw?