1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 24th July 2019

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 24, 2019.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

[​IMG]

Greetings Adventurers,

Mysteries of Summer are back again! If you have already finished all the quests last year, stay tuned for a brand new mystery filled with new enigmas, riddles and dark secrets coming up next week! Will you be the first player to uncover the mysteries this year?
    Also, for those who train hard every day, Books of Training (1 hr) will be discounted 90%! Do not lose the opportunity to get to those last levels you want to achieve!
    And finally, our small and bold Shai has learned to ride horses. It took her a while, but she is ready!
    Keep reading the rest of the patch notes to know all the details and changes! Enjoy the new event and have a good summer!

New pearl shop arrivals can be found here:

Enjoy!
    BDO Team.

MalTails likes this.
  2. Khondo

Ya

Broken link?

#2 Khondo, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
  3. Bob2009

Bob2009 Wizard 61 EU

4. ALECO

patch link not working

5. chendu

So no coco this week ?
    I'll repeat please sell it without adding useless unrelated stuff !
    just the swimwear and coco Please, Thx

Naho and Erroll like this.
  6. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

The link has been restored.

7. Metalharpey

Metalharpey Witch 61 EU

"If you have completed partial quests previously, you can pick up the challenge from the quest you last finished."

I can't start mystery of summer Light stage, that's the only one I didn't start/finish last year.
    When can we expect the quests?

Edit: Also, the daily [Event] Collecting Soil for Gardening (from Earth stage) doesn't show up.
    I have already done the beef and cold beer quests.

#7 Metalharpey, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Lurea and josh6780 like this.
  8. Ponge85

I really hope thet the new part of the mysteries quest that is due on 31st July won't be heavily RNG gated (I mean the mob drops from waragon, soldiers grave and sulfur) as the last one.

Lurea likes this.
  9. Reyfer

But....can the Shai ride backwards on a horse?

10. Lurea

O great, i see the sh*t show of a Mysteries of summer quest chain is back. I don't care that it is "easier" it is still a giant pain in the ass to do for sh*t rewards. Who the f*ck loves running around a GIANT map trying out all kinds of strange sh*t in the hopes its the right thing they need to do at that point in time. Na f*ck it. It's literally the worst event in the game.

I spend hours last year trying to even do any part of it after accepting the gdm quest. Only way i could move on in it was if i looked up a redit guide. If you want to find a NPC that you need for the quest wel good luck finding it. Even if they say the name the in-game locator wont show him/her so you are looking for a needle in a haystack storage. If that is how you need to do a quest line its a f*cking BAD designed quest line. This game just wont stop pissing me off. You would think you would have learned from last time but BDO never learns.

BIG REWARDS for the follow up quest. JEEEJ i can't even start the normal ****ing quest and here you morons are adding to it to gain stuff. Gdm i hate the ppl that decide what events to do and what a good quest is. Your CEO and department heads need to get fired and competent ppl need to be hired. For all i care you can all burn in a gdm house fire while getting raped with a cactus up the *ss. I have had enough of this ****ing bs. EU department can't change anything because the f*ckin Korean branch has all the power. And they are gdm sadists that don't give one sh*t about anyone else then there KR servers and what there KR players have to say. But even then they lissen only now and then.

#10 Lurea, Jul 24, 2019
    iller, Erroll, Factorial and 2 others like this.
  11. Professor Kaioken

No Koi or Octo this is the worst fishing event ever. Ill be spending the week only fishing and not participating in anyway with the rest of the game to as to not support this.

Souda, Allan1985, Erroll and 4 others like this.
  12. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

upload_2019-7-24_6-15-15.png
    You forgot to report how valks have been driven from the game
    Fix valk stamina!

They can't speed grind content which gives them a significant disadvantage at end-game, as other classes can earn their skill points and silver as they grind. Valks need to use combat dummies and spend everything they have getting there..

13. TwilightAngel

The ones I know do t use dummies

14. Pandatante

Well this Questline looks fun! (Under new Quests in quest window...) Unbenannt.JPG

15. TwilightAngel

Sounds like you would be fishing no matter what so there was not point in saying any of this lol. They don't care if you don't participate and only afk fish lol

Lurea, iller and Metalharpey like this.
  16. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I'm happy my Shai no longer has to use a donkey.

At the same time, I'm sad donkey was so much worse than a horse that I didn't want to use him. It was definitely cute to see Shai riding a donkey. I would like to see donkeys improved such that at least when used by Shai, its speed, turning circle, braking, and acceleration could be comparable to a horse. Donkeys also should get more skills, tiers, breeding, and ability to list on the market. Donkey should also get other benefits specific to Shai. Just for lulz, donkey buffs I mentioned for Shai should also apply to zerkers.

Jena, Emylee, Fateneko and 3 others like this.
  17. shidoxen

This update seems to have broken my client~

After logging in, the XIGNCODE3 launches, completes, the BDO window pops up and then auto shuts down instantly.

Any suggestions?
    @CM Yukimura

*edit* I got it working. If anyone has this issue as of today's patch, I have a thread started in technical support and the updated steps I took to fix the issue. :9

#17 shidoxen, Jul 24, 2019
  18. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Sign posted at the entrance of Valencia: "Valks need not apply".

The only effort (if you can call it effort) to fix class imbalances is at end-game. I get that it's the most crucial. It's probably the easiest as well, since that's the tier that needs to be the best balanced.
    I'm not knocking their attention to that. I'm just pissed that they leave valks broken until they reach 61 with 235 AP with TET Kutum, when they can reliable grind higher end areas that don't require speed

Adding a second resource (stamina) to many skills was a fatal mistake. It made those classes miserable to play. It's like running with your shoe laces tied together.

Easy fix: 5 stamina gain on pve kill. All classes grind lower areas the same with no pvp balance conflicts.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

or for classes that wouldnt profit from your suggestion.... each mob killed reduces teleport cooldown by 1 second. ;D

20. Ponge85

Restart whole game; there might be a small text file patch that fixes it.

OMG, OMG, OMG, I crafted the Florin gatherers clothes for Shai; item effect: +1 crit. WTH? at least match the effect to the clothes name? It should give +1 gathering or something. Other useless item (unless, ofc, you buy a fking pearl item to make it a costume).

Phoenixxx75, Pandatante and Rosedunn like this.