1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 24th October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 24, 2018.

1. OvhlTv

This isn’t something that I see worked on, but anyway we can do more for colorblind settings? It doesn’t change everything, such as color of moves, blood, and now with the new UI, the weight also. Just makes it harder to play for those of us in this situation.

Thanks!

2. Pituvul

Based on this line from the patch: "[Event] Halloween Gift Box (from 2017) will now be able to be combined or used", whomever still had the boxes from 2017 would be able to open them and combine them with the 2018 boxes.
    @CM Servantes @CM Yukimura I wonder how is that possible since ALL the 2017 boxes were deleted, supposedly, from all players inventories on October 17th?

#102 Pituvul, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Ruffe and Jena like this.
  3. KingBradley91

Relooking UI windows... why not.

But what about fixing UI functions which are not working for long like "My information" > "Journal" or search fields (map, recipe) ?

Lefteye and MoonDance17 like this.
  4. AllanJr

holy molly, the IU looks like taken from another game, doesnt fit in style at all, and jesus christ the size.... could see the IU from the ther side of my room now xD, revert when?

5. Ghoast_

Ghoast_ Musa 62 NA

Honestly the UI is the last thing that needs any sort of attention.

Ludakriss, Ruffe and IISteinarII like this.
  6. Bangkirai

Bug: in worker list, you can NOT see anymore if you can change a skill on a lvl 30 worker, the button doesnt give another color, if you can do it!

Only option is to click on the change skill manually on all your characters.

Please fix this FAST.

Ludakriss and Ruffe like this.
  7. NeekasHH

sorry but what were you guys thinking when you thought yeah lets "optimize" the UI?? It is horrible. Everything is way too big and confuses alot. I have laggs when closing or opening the Map, Guild Info, Storage... you always change something from good to bad. It should be the contrary.

8. SpinDie

I absolutely can not get over how ugly the new UI looks. It looks so unnatural to the game that i thought that a discord window had popped up over my game.

When i first started playing bdo years back, the one thing that i loved most was the very cute and chic UI. very unique and very PC appropriate. And it was smaller. This new UI reminds me of the "LARGE PRINT KEYBOARD" i bought for my grandpa. Why do we need a 1 inch tall weight bar? In my 10,000 hours of playing bdo i've heard people complain about millions of things. But nobody every requested or wished for a UI revamp.

Today I've never seen a flatter, uglier, more basic UI in my life.

Im guessing you are trying to make bdo look like a console game. But the console version is going to be the biggest flop in mmorpg console history. Mark my words. It's just not a big brand like final fantasy. It wont work.

I used to look forward to patch day. Now i fear them. Who do you guys think you are? You guys make these changes without asking us at all.

The employee responsible for all of these late UI changes (including splitting the P menu into two pages) really should be let go from the bdo team

Lefteye, Ludakriss and Ruffe like this.
  9. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

Revert or give us the option to revert to a UI that is actually functional.

This is an ugly mess. I can't remember when the last time I've seen a useful or constructive patch. New design team please.

10. ghoulz666

Not only does the UI look so bland and lifeless, but they even made the most important parts of it difficult to see. WHAT did you do to the worker tab!? Can barely see those freakin little icons to click when they're blending in. The repeat function is even harder to notice.

How does this @#$% even work if you shrink your UI? Think about it. Many people try to make things as small as possible so they can see more of the game. Now you'll want to make it fat and cover your face like a newspaper.

Whoever designed this abomination has no clue how to draw attention to the important details. They need fired for this.

AT LEAST make the important bits another color.

11. Croppeast

The new UI is a little to big for 1080p, the pet window alone takes up close to 1/3 of the screen. Might wanna check on rescaling that to the different resolutions ? Other than that, nice patch ^^

Jena likes this.
  12. Kaxlene

bad part is i actually like the new menus....

13. Jena

Its like when they put the giant parking sign above the horses. lol

Lefteye and Ruffe like this.
  14. Nefae

I hate new UI, workers, profile and guild tab is terrible, only char select looks good.

Ruffe likes this.
  15. Dark Inquisitor

OK. So...
    Lost colors that was making things more easier to identify - BAD >> Add ICONS.
    Bigger UI but as we can rescale it this is not really an issue on my side - NA
    Chat stills coming back despite you deactivate it over and over- BAD >> Play FFXIV and allow FULL customisation we can SAVE for real.
    XBox Controller Player Here... and still no CONSOLE UI option as I can have BUTTONS instead of keyboard/mouse icons and menus - BAD x1000 >> Add XBox version menus.

"NEW UI" update is more or less BAD >> Waiting for NEW NEW version then.

16. Arturia Pendragon

Arturia Pendragon Witch 62 NA

Just wanted to stop in and add that the new UI is horrible. I figured everyone was just overreacting, but it's REALLY bad. Even small things like when going to the market to collect money. It's no longer in yellow, its just white like the cancel button. Fire whoever made this and deff give us option to switch back. My eyes are on fire.

17. Tanjirin

This new UI is garbage. For a fast paced, 'action' game, you need to rely on fast button selections and easy menu layouts.

And, you were surprised that larger guilds were dominating smaller nodes? Welcome to Cluelessville, Population: Only You.
    This is **** people have been ranting about for a LONG time. I barely pay attention to node wars and know about guilds having two guilds that they switch to compete in additional nodes. Oh wait, did you not know that, too? Did I just dime on everyone?

What's next? You're going to find out, for the first time, that people have been ramming sea monsters for easy silvers? Speaking of, who gives a **** if larger guilds are dominating lower Nodes? If someone's crafty enough to dual wield a guild to get additional payouts that probably still don't equate to ramming a fish, let them.
    Isn't PvP what this game is centered around? To me, as a non-NWer, that should be #1 profit. The incentive to get better gear, get better skills, dominate the **** out of the battlefield, and bring home those bragging rights. Sure, it would be nice to see smaller guilds competing and having fun. But, maybe there are too many small guilds thinking they're going to be special when they should be merging to form a solid guild.
    Maybe you need a channel for daily skirmishes that resemble the sieges so larger guilds can practice daily, have fun competing more frequently, and not just log in for a battle then log out for a few days until the next.
    You know, figure out a way to make your game more enjoyable rather than just shitting in the dark and hoping you hit.

Your business cash shop online...i mean 'game', is the perfect example of 'You can't have it every way.'
    If you want to appeal to everyone, stagger the reward system:
    PvP is your selling point, make that the most profitable. Grinding is a huge aspect, but not everyone has the time. You have lifeskills that somehow include ramming fish, figure out a way to equalize these two groups. I like sailing, but I dont want to ram fish to stay on top of the game. It's ****ing boring.

Hell ~ this game should have a way to get exp from killing other people.
    You should have a strict, PvP-forced channel, no mobs, only key NPC vendors, killing gives you EXP but diminishes if you attempt to farm the same person. No karma or death penalty of exp loss, downgrades, or crystal shatters. You should have to purchase 10m - 1B of PvP gold bars (0.00 LT) to get in the channel where dying has a gold bar drop % that the other person can collect from your cold, dead body. 'Fistful of Bloody Gold Bars' could be your first title for collecting 100M in GBs. You could even find a way to section off the areas, like Balenos is 10 - 50m bars only. Valencia would be 500m - 1B bars only. Calph, kama, and serendia could be 50m - 500m. **** Mediah.
    There should be a killing streak incentive combined with a killing streak risk in which, if you die after a streak of n kills, you go to a jail for whichever region you're in. But, its only a 20 min limit. If you can escape you get a reward. If you fail, no reward. And, the larger your killing streak, the higher the % of bars dropped.

I'm growing tired of 'Shitty Event Simulator Online.' Pull your executives and decisions makers out of their human centipede and get them to put some ****ing constructive effort into BDO.

18. Toothfairy

Can`t see how many titles you have, you can only see %.
    Please fix it.

19. GlobalZen

Please revert the UI or give us a way to manually change it back ourselves. Horrible Horrible UI design as far as functionality and ease of use. For example, on the character screen I cannot set characters to transport and see their information like their name and level. I have to back out the screen, locate the character, memorize their name and place and then go back into transport and complete it.
    The UI is way to large, does not scale, and is way to uni colored in grey. Its really hard finding all the functions needed.
    Also, the worker change skill button is broken. It no longer changes color or highlights when a worker is eligible for a skill change. Alignment issues and text overlapping other texts. The Revover All and Repeat buttons at the bottom feel really weird all the way at the bottom and under a blank space and a Compl. Promotion button. It makes more sense ergonomically to push these two often used buttons up one level and drop the empty space and Compl. Promotion button beneath them. The way you have it I have to go all the way up to the top left of the screen to click the worker Icon then go all the way to the bottom right to click the recover all and repeat all buttons. Such a waste of time and I feel this could be done so much more efficient. Who tested this and who approved this to go to production? Also, who asked for this horrible UI?
    The gear screen doesn't align properly, for example, the top of the ring and top of the earring are on two different planes and not aligned. In the inventory, the items are not aligned with thier cool down visuals, for example, eat some food and the cooldown is not aligned on it. Also, the bottom alignments are off at the bottom of the screen.
    I'm not even going to mention the market place UI. Riddled with issues.
    Its blatently obvious this was not tested at all and the description of dropping this patch like its hot is the perfect description. This UI patch was dropped like a hot patch with no testing.
    Lastly, the UI does not fit the theme of BlackDesert at all. I look at my game and whats all happening and then open this massive screen that looks like it came from another game. Please revert this UI change that no one asked for and wants.

#119 GlobalZen, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Lefteye, Shayla, gheedorah and 2 others like this.
  20. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

These were apparently put in place to prepare for the xbox release. Give some respect to the PC players who paid you literally millions of dollars and take the time to do this right. Don't let your custodial crew anywhere near the computers again.

Lefteye, Shayla, NannaOgg and 2 others like this.