1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 24th October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Ruffe

Ruffe Ninja 63 EU

now were talking!

dont forget we need a neckles whit cut of ears from our victums!!! and u shuld be able to have it on u like a cosmetic!

Lefteye likes this.
  2. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

How about fixing the journal entries during daylight savings time, while we still have another week of daylight savings time. If not, you have 6 months to figure it out (not that the last 3 years has been enough).

Let me rephrase: xbox players may be put off if journal entries don't show up during daylight savings time.

#122 oR-Bishop, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Ludakriss likes this.
  3. Neoteny

Your Twitter person sent me here.....that's obnoxious. Anyways...

I play in 2440p so the sizing issue doesn't give me huge overlap like it does everyone in 1080p but it is still obnoxiously large. The first thing I looked for was a scaling option. It made the stuff that's sized well become too small. The next thing I looked for was a way to revert to the old UI...we don't have an option.

My complaints (that you'll likely ignore):
    Overall, WAY TOO LARGE (like unnecessarily using bold and all caps). Literally every single menu is now obnoxiously large. Even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see your new UI. You guys really seem to love useless empty space and fonts a few sizes too large. It's all monotone as well; color-coding things is useful. Frivolous new tab usage and other odd design choices here and there.

Worker Menu:
    Horrible overlap between worker name and location. And again, way too large and lack of varying colors makes it slower to find things. Personal gripe: swap stamina bar location with progress bar location.

Pet Menu:
    Wasted space...again. I mean...do we really need a 12-foot wall that tells us "No pets are currently in use" when we're not using any? Moving the group buttons to the top is a really weird choice when the "Check In All" button remains at the bottom. Removing color-coding for pet groups has to be the most laughable change. It's just stupid.

Maid Menu:
    Personal gripe - Why tabs for marketplace and storage? Buttons worked fine. Are people so stupid they kept accidentally clicking the wrong one so now they need to be coddled with a tab separating the two?

Processing Menu:
    Jesus Christ, was the person who designed this blind? Did they really have Stevie Wonder in mind!?! It's blown up like 1000% in size. Again, some color would really make things easy on the eyes. You ever turn borders off on an Excel spreadsheet? Go see how much of a mess that is and compare it to your UI.

NPC Menus:
    Add some color back...borders...something. Everything being the same makes it much slower than before to identify things.

Overall I give it a 2/10.

I can't even honestly say "at least you tried."

4. rayrayyrayyy

Logged in just to say this is the dumbest UI change I've seen.

How do you Developers always manage to step backwards? Oh that's right... you don't listen to your community.

5. jp35351Returns

+17

Neoteny likes this.
  6. Lillekolibri

Taking screenshots is also bugged so I had to use my phone to show you guys this. If I take a normal screenshot I get a picture without all the texts and menus. Just like in photo mode.Pretty much all my skills are like this. And to a new player like me, this creates a huge amount of problems. I don't know **** about most of these skills and depend on being able to read how they work. I just can't believe how they screwed up so bad.
    [​IMG]

7. Gabbers

Gabbers Cyrisi Maehwa 62 NA

CPU Usage sitting around 45ish% and spiking to 55% after patch. And the FPS counter is not reading correctly.

8. LORDZERG

Its written in 3 different ways = Ghospy on the picture, Ghosphy on the price label, Gosphy in the game:
    [​IMG]

9. Cryptic Power

Why cant you guys get priorities straight? like game crashes/bugs/connection issues? instead, you poor all this energy into revamping the game constantly and ignoring the players that are effected by these issues? you wonder why your player base and player purchases are down? perhaps it is because a fraction of your game followers cannot play the game? should be fixing the game and keeping the players left!

#129 Cryptic Power, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
    MoonDance17 and oR-Bishop like this.
  10. SolarTheGrate

well. first of i think you shuld go and wake up and smell the coffie and then take a beter look,when your not fooling araund whit other players and pvp and when you go back to grinding it is called ? thats right P v E

there you go class over good night :)

11. LORDZERG

I will copy this and I will make my own version or I will agree to some of the things as they are now:

Overall, WAY TOO LARGE WE ARE NOT BLIND (like unnecessarily using bold and all caps). Literally every single menu is now obnoxiously large. Even Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see your new UI. You guys really seem to love useless empty space and fonts a few sizes too large. It's all monotone as well; color-coding things is useful. Frivolous new tab usage and other odd design choices here and there. AGREED

Worker Menu:
    The horrible overlap between worker name and location. And again, way too large and lack of varying colors makes it slower to find things. Swap stamina bar location with progress bar location (with other words revert it only keep the theme. And the worker change skill button has no indication is it available or not for 30lvl worker

Pet Menu:
    Wasted space...again. I mean...do we really need a 12-foot wall that tells us "No pets are currently in use" when we're not using any? Moving the group buttons to the top is a really weird choice when the "Check In All" button remains at the bottom. Removing color-coding for pet groups has to be the most laughable change. It's just stupid.
    AGREED and maybe you should revert positions and everything and just apply the new theme with smaller buttons.

Maid Menu:
    Personal gripe - Why tabs for marketplace and storage? Buttons worked fine. Are people so stupid they kept accidentally clicking the wrong one so now they need to be coddled with a tab separating the two? AGREED but not care too much because I open maids with shortcuts.

Processing Menu:
    Jesus Christ, was the person who designed this blind? Did they really have Stevie Wonder in mind!?! It's blown up like 1000% in size. Again, some color would really make things easy on the eyes. You ever turn borders off on an Excel spreadsheet? Go see how much of a mess that is and compare it to your UI. AGREED, revert the positions of processing types only apply the theme.

NPC Menus:
    Add some color back...borders...something. Everything being the same makes it much slower than before to identify things. AGREED

HORSE Info:

You can only see 3 skills of the horse and skills text not aligned with the icon of the skill. The text is going out of the box where it should be.

BONUS FIX for NPC Buttons:
    Please put some colored icons on that BIG BUTTONS like before some ppl may accidentally click conversation and lose energy.

MAP FIX we also need:
    Why Search results are under the search not right side that's awful REVERT IT ON RIGHT SIDE

FIX FOR STORAGE NPC

When you open Storage you cant click transport its behind the content of the window you need to exit and click the other button, its simply stupid.

OR YOU CAN SIMPLY REVERT EVERYTHING LIKE BEFORE AND ONLY APPLY THE THEME DO NOT MOVE ANYTHING

EDIT: I forgot the Guild Menu, so many things changed rearranged and swapped. It is like Pearl Abyss are trying to confuse everyone more.

#131 LORDZERG, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  12. Rogis

https://ibb.co/htAUOA
    how to know that the worker is ready to change the skill
    to watch or can stop work and look?

13. Direal

I found a solution to the borked UI! Shutting down the game.

#133 Direal, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    gheedorah likes this.
  14. gheedorah

Dead up I logged in, saw the bit about the spending bonus scroll past on the launch window, bought 2000 to spend towards bonus (I was looking for an excuse anyway), and entered the game. Immediately had a temper tantrum, and after trying to satisfy myself with scaled down UI, logged out. If this game is just going to be blatantly built for 4k gaming only, I'll move on, despite how much I really do enjoy it.

Edit: I've been playing for about 8 months now and have never had a thing to say on these forums. I am here for literally the first time, because of how frustrated I am by the new UI.

15. SAROMON1989

Actually I like the idea of the new UI, however some button animations like from the black spirit and the most problematic- Worker UI are really done bad. Everything else looks good, but need just a little bit of adjustments.

16. Capitaine Courage

Don't use "we" when Kakao does nothing in this instance.
    And please tell PA to stop remastering now, they're doing it wrong.

This new UI would make an excellent example in design schools to show everything that you should not do when designing UI / UX

17. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

Any information on this? I have tried around 8 hours each of fishing in Ross and Margoria without getting anything new. A good portion of that time being active fishing.

18. creamyonions

I can see the intent with the new UI, and it has the potential to be decent. However to say it is poorly implemented is a gross understatement. For as many interface windows players have to interact with on a regular basis, it is flat and boring. Worst of all, however, is how utterly hindering the new design is (I use the term "design" very loosely here, because seriously it's so bad).

As has been mentioned, but it bears repeating:

--Far too large. There is so much wasted space, and the occupied spaces are uncomfortably big. Scaling UI is useless, because it scales the entire thing including text which dropping even to 99% makes the text unreadable, it looks like I took my glasses off and moved across the room away from my screen.

--Both the text and the windows are overlapping where they shouldn't be, making things very inconvenient and frustrating.

--Colorless! I can get on board with the lack of icons-it's clearly going for a modern, sleek look-but oh my goodness having no variation whatsoever is not only boring but also hindering. Even after getting accustomed to where nearly every single thing has been moved, having zero color forces us to stop fully and read through things to be certain we've got the right thing. No highlights on marketplace sales mean no difference between "Collect" and "Cancel" other than a couple letters. Thank goodness there's a cancel confirmation, but yet one more thing to halt actions.

Overall, nearly everything about it adds unnecessary stutter-steps to our interactions with the interface. Again, even after everyone gets used to new locations of buttons and features there is still nothing blatantly differentiating between all the information, effectively interrupting any on-the-fly menu activity.

Gabbers, Lefteye, Ahaetulla and 3 others like this.
  19. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

So you changed the T1 rules. Good. But how do you deal with the fact, that the advanced guild memers, after they've got the t3 payment, are simply switching to the second guild, and jumping on t1 nodes.

20. RyokuHasu

What the hell is with the UI? it's one of the most immersion-breaking UIs I've ever seen in a game! What does flat grey boxes have to do with a fantasy setting? This is LAZY and bad game design if THIS is what the devs decided was a good idea.

Give me back an option to bring back parchment and leather based UI elements.

Life2v and oR-Bishop like this.