1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 25th November 2020

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Servantes, Nov 25, 2020.

1. CM Servantes

Community Manager

pnbanner_25112020.jpg
    Greetings Adventurers,

This week, new adventures await seasoned and new adventurers, as Balenos main questline has been reworked and a mysterious painting appears.

Remember to take a look in your in-game mail and collect your Thanksgiving gift!

Finally, some fishermen report a new Silver Horn Fish that you could sell for 500,000 Silver. Nice day for fishin', ain't it?

New pearl shop arrivals can be found here:

Enjoy!

Lillesofie likes this.
  2. Miyaaaaaaa

Ty for the fishing event \o/

muguster likes this.
  3. muguster

time to fish some silver bois \o/

4. Quelnar

LOL. Gotta love the reference to Viva La Dirt League's NPC Man. :)

For the uninitiated...

5. Blaire.Leingod

Guys where do you get the [Event] Splendid Golden Fishing Rod, or the Splendid Silver Fishing Rod?

6. Miyaaaaaaa

those were from some old events, as far as i know there is no way to obtain them anymore

Blaire.Leingod likes this.
  7. Blaire.Leingod

thanks for the info

8. Lurea

Fishing event... yhea you can make a lot of money from it if you are new or not one of the 1%'ers. But you will need to let your pc run day and night. If you ask me that is just BDO bs. Way to think about players online numbers more then electrical bills or the environment there.

You could have made it a fishing event between X and Y hours. At least that would limit the need to have the PC run 24/7 for these events. And it gives players also a window of time to do other events you might have going on at the same time. Now you have to pick. And unless you got silver coming in faster then the fish. You pick the fish.

9. Quelnar

Nobody is forcing you to fish or leave your computer running when you're not actively using it. You can choose to restrict yourself to specific hours of the day right now if you want to. Sure, you may feel pressured to focus on the event if it's likely to make you more silver than other stuff, but you can still choose to do other stuff like you normally would. All reducing the time of day of the event would do would be to remove the option of taking advantage of it. And this game is already heavily set up to encourage people to be playing it AFK, so this doesn't really change anything in that regard. Fishing was already profitable enough for a lot of people to be doing exactly what they're doing during this event normally, except maybe they'd be fishing in a different area.

Lillesofie and MoonDance17 like this.
  10. Lurea

Not true, if you want to have silver, you NEED to do it. As there is nothing as fast as this. It is like saying. No one is forcing you to work. But if you don't work you get no money and you live on the street. Just like this thing. Sure you can ignore the event. And you will be even further behind to the top 1% players then you already where.

With normal world you meen IRL? Oc you can, all the time letting a PC run. In the game? No, you would be insane to do anything other then fishing atm.

Sorry but that is just BS; you can still take advantage of the game if you have it run for 8h in the day time. It would be the same as now. But you would be completely free in the evenings. And be able to shut down a PC at night. And if they made the event last longer there would be 0 change to the amount of silver you would get in the end. It would just take a bit longer.

Yes, that is the IMMENSE problem with this game. AFK while the PC needs to run has 0 advantages for a player. If the AFK things would go on while the PC was shut down. It would be exactly the same as now (simpel offline fishing would mean 1 fish RNG every x amount of sec until inv. is full or fishing pool broke. And you can easily convert that idea to any other AFK task) As a lot of other games have.

There is only 1 reason for AFK tasks to need you to be online. And that is so the numbers of ppl online at any given time is higher then actually ppl playing. it is a technique to make numbers look better then they actually are for stock holders. Everything you do AFK can be simple calculated when you log back in. Look at EVE online for ex. You don't need to be online to learn the skills. No you start the timer. And the you keep learning if you log off.

The fact that ppl don't seem to care is stagering. You are literally paying the electricity companies more, and polluting more then you need to. Because of a company wanting to full up there stats for there share holders. Not only is this dishonest towards them, it is dishonest towards players. And this AFK bs needs to stop. They can change it. They just don't want to.

And be honest. If you are doing anything AFK. Are you looking at the screen the entire time watching the character do it's AFK task? Oc you are not, you are doing other stuff. Working, sleeping, playing a completely different game...

11. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Do you realise that people from many different time zones play this game? Any restrictions on times would be unfair to those people who are in the wrong zone to be able to play at the time selected for any restrictions. It is not mandatory that you fish while these fishing events are on. I have never bothered. It is also not mandatory that you run your pc 24/7.

Quelnar likes this.
  12. Lurea

Not mandatory? O you poor deluded man. That is exactly what BDO is making them. And yes, there are a lot of ppl in different time zones, i know that. But non on the EU servers will be playing it from lets say 0.00 till 8 in the morning. So that can be a safe time to turn of PC's/fishing events. I stopt doing the fishing even 24/7 a long time ago. But the silver i miss by doing that was soooo much. You can see a clear divide in the players who do it 24/7 and the ones that don't. Like, raid weren't mandatory in WoW back in the day. But if you did not get to do them. You where left behind. A lot of games have things that are "not mandatory". But in the end, they really are made to be just that.

Oc there is a way to make everyone happy here. Make all AFK processes going while the player loges off. You fishing and log off? Great. You will keep fishing there until your inv. is full or the fishing rode is broken. Since it is all RNG, the game can perfectly well calculate how many fish you would fish up and do a RNG roll on all those when you log in. Would also make the fishing spots and storage places waaaay less crowded . But not less used (i.o.w. a fishing spot during a event would still be over fished.)

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Not a male and do not care at all about min/max. The only delusional people are the ones like you that are sucked into thinking that anything about a VIDEO GAME is mandatory.
    Are there no Australian players on Eu, are there no shift workers on Eu? Get over yourself.
    By the way when I was playing I only played for a few hours per day then logged out every day except for the short time when I left the game running to finish the two epheria sailboats and a frigate.

14. Lurea

This isn't even min/max ing. This is about efficiency and less wastefulness. Even servers/locations would be less stressed.

If you want to do PvP then yes it is. Speaking form a game perspective. It is not like you HAVE to play. But if you want to progress in the game. You have to do certain things. So yhea, every game has mandatory things. You just think of it to narrowly as having to play. In a SP game, it is mandatory to kill a boss to progress. There are loads of mandatory things in games. Oc some need to be there. Others don't

They would be smarter to join NA or KO servers. So that would be stupid if they joined EU servers.

And they could have there AFK fishing happen offline if they would introduce the option i am talking about. There would be no lose for anyone. Only gains.

See, and wouldn't that have been better to continue building while you where afk? The workers could still work until beer was gone. And they could even introduce "taverns " where workers in that town would get feed the 1 beer every x per/h depending on the level or so. Making your workers be beerd up as you are offline. The system would work perfectly.

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

There is no point having a discussion about this as I agree that they SHOULD make it so you could do certain activities while off line. The problem is that they will not and my argument with you is that time gating activities will always disadvantage some people.

Quelnar likes this.
  16. Lillesofie

Thank you for the patch notes!

Quelnar likes this.
  17. Lurea

Let's agree to disagree on some points. And agree on others :)

MoonDance17 likes this.
  18. Silverspark

I actually love it to "play" a game or profit from a game by having some options to develope my character during afk times. My PC won't waste much power while having BDO running in system tray. Everybody has an internet flatrate nowadays anyways. I actually like it to come home in the evening and count my fishes. I would like it even more if there would be options to mass cook or mass process for a longer time (like 6 to 8 hours), without being limited to weight by too much.

The semiafk and afk skill system in BDO favors my personal life style a lot to be honest. Enough time for work and gym / sports, friends and cooking for a healthy nutrition in the evening. Actually in my eyes BDO set a trend here, because I will never go back to MMOs where you have to actively play a time consuming lot for progress. MMOs like Everquest or WoW with up to 5 or 6 raid days a week are a thing of the past from the dark ages of MMOs for me now.

I agree that an even better option would be to get things done even offline without wasting power.

#18 Silverspark, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020