1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 27th May 2020

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, May 27, 2020.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

pnbanner_270520.jpg

Greetings Adventurers,

Mounts are an important part of Black Desert Online, and many adventurers enjoy catching wild horses and train them in order to acquire the best ones. Today's update brings a new system that will allow horse trainers to rent their horses to other adventurers for a small fee. Also, some new events will be available that will help you train and develop your favorite mounts, so don't miss out on them!

We also have a special event for PvPers: the Arsha Leaderboard is back again! Kill as many players as you can in the Arsha server to accumulate points. Players who achieve the most amount of points will win rare prizes!

As usual read the details of the new content and events below! Enjoy!

New pearl shop arrivals can be found here:

Enjoy!
    BDO Team.

#1 CM Yukimura, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. Lillesofie

Thank you for the patch notes!

CM Yukimura likes this.
  3. Eliranbm

#3 Eliranbm, May 27, 2020
    CompZilla likes this.
  4. BabyGrandmaw

I would have got the Shudad for Guardian if it had been dyeable. That was a poor decision.

5. Tsukinari

Thanks for not letting me dye the new shudad costume. Actual 5Head idea ...

6. Optionals

Do you guys even read your own patch notes? Half this trash is so poorly translated I want to scream.

Here is a shining example:
    "Increased the number of boxes or crates you can to interact with to complete quests in the following regions."

I'm going to also add in the fact you re-released the shudad armor for the second time, except it has a new coat of paint on it. What a disgrace to the people that actually backed the game before it launched.
    It's very clear that, once again, Kakao Europe and Pearl Abyss have their objectives shifted towards your wallet, instead of your gameplay experience.
    This is all very reminiscent of 2016-2017 "Daum Games" / Kakao Games Europe.
    It's essentially no better than just smashing your credit card into a mobile game to get results.

Thanks, I hate it.

#6 Optionals, May 27, 2020
  7. BigMaidEnergy

BigMaidEnergy Ranger 62

• Please note: Shudad Black weapons and outfits cannot be dyed or registered on the marketplace.
    Why waste my money when I can just dye my shudad black and gold?..

8. BigBaton

Again Shitty patch , ha tfu .

9. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Did people at PA fire all their outfit designers?
    First you put a copy of an armor which was supposed to be only owned by people who preordered the game (if I remember right).
    Then you basically make a new version of it and just slap some different parts to make it passable as a ''new outfit''.
    And then you basically just colour it black and put some smoke on it? And you can't even colour this one.
    And the quality of new armors that do arrive is becoming worse and worse. It looks seemless on default colours, but once you colour them you can see how lazy it is made and pixels are literally screaming in your face no matter how good your graphics are.
    Why in the hell would anyone give 40euros to even wear something which quality wise looks a lot worse then most of the armors this game had back in 2016?
    What even happend to all those outfits that won a design contest in korea years ago and were supposed to be in the game?

...Honestly just where is this company even investing all the money they get from pearl shop?
    Are they investing it into ''new gambling technologies'' or something?
    Also very subtly putting a discount on a life-skill pack which contatins a ghillie suit just when an Arsha event is about to start. Guess they are investing a lot into their marketing team.

#9 onaco, May 27, 2020
    Phoenixxx75, Cascaden, Veec and 8 others like this.
  10. chendu

upload_2020-5-27_14-53-46.png
    Alright it's officially in ... So you need 110 points to make 3 window.. this is a blatant way to force people to buy VP, did they throw away the game designer ?
    Why are we making a carrack if Bartering is now hidden behind a paywall ?
    I love this game but this relationship is starting to look like abuse, this game as tested my patience more than it should have, push more and I'm out of this ****

Yvngard, Phoenixxx75, Kazza and 4 others like this.
  11. Molag_Balz

TBF most of the resent designs have been lacking cept for the Witch Ivies, if PA needs concept artist for costumes I know a few guys who are very skilled. hmu @pa :D

12. Veoh Techstarify

I'm not even sure if PA is the bad one here.
    Look at kibelius- having wings and without wings...
    Or the largest fraud on the Shai.. KR had short leg pyjamas, EU/NA censored long trouser pyjama- then suddenly offer the original one in shop for pearls... so yea.

And still no money for proper servers...

Phoenixxx75 and onaco like this.
  13. Dworkin Barimen

What about people who bought Conqueror’s Package pre-release ?Do we get something of the newly reworked packages or we keep getting shafted? :|

Boki likes this.
  14. PancakeRift

Why cant female Shudad outfits just have pants? Or an option to have pants? I have never bought one coz of that goofy looking skirt.

Your designers always have to sneak in a cheeky pantie angle, right?

15. Optionals

No, we get shafted again. There was essentially zero point in spending any money for the conquerors package. They put the final nail in the coffin when they decided to release the "Glorious Shudad" costume.
    Don't even bother trying to complain about it, because PA don't care, Kakao Europe don't care, and just about everyone in the player base will either tell you to shut up for even mentioning it, or laugh at you.

Phoenixxx75 and Dworkin Barimen like this.
  16. Dworkin Barimen

Well i hope they get many new players with deep pockets,and intention to play the game beyond 2 weeks:)

17. Amirite

Here we go.

Season Servers - Starting June 10, we will introduce the "Season Servers" to Black Desert Online. So new class coming soon..

Horse rental function -
    The owner of the horse may forcefully retrieve their horse when the rented horse is checked into a stable, or if you are not connected to the game. Pretty sure, this will go wrong lol. What if horse dies 10 times? Can I rent out my donkey or elephant as well or is just horses?

Reduced the population of the following monsters in Balenos.:
    Grass Beetle, Parasitic Bee, Fox, Wolf, Weasel. I can understand grass beetle and parasitic bee's, but not Fox,Wolf and Weasel as they are an product in the lifeskill chain for gathering to cooking??

If you try to throw away an item from the Inventory but miss the trash can icon, the icon will become emphasized.
    Okay..who can miss that HUGE trash icon? Screenshot or it did not happen.

Fixed the issue where the display for Combat EXP was acting abnormally after reaching Lv. 66.
    About time.....for those 2 players who are level 66.

all with a smile tho :)

Yvngard, Kazza, Phoenixxx75 and 2 others like this.
  18. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

I would spend money on outfits again but guess PA ran out of ideas?

ODB3698 and Kyouco like this.
  19. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

Less materials needed for carrack good

Andaro likes this.
  20. ViktoryiaV

ViktoryiaV Valkyrie 62

How do I access patch notes/event notes?
    Clicking the hyperlink (on mobile) directs me to a website maintenance screen.