1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 27th November 2019

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Lefteye

In other words...

upload_2019-11-27_16-9-22.jpeg

RoxiAmbrosia and Factorial like this.
  2. Bzyku

This is nearly impossible to tame a horse now. And I don't want to destroy my keyboard with it. Horse taming and breeding was already only for enthusiast (no real cash but real and long pain) and they even made it completly broken now. It's a improvement? No...
    I haven't heard complains that it was "unsuspensful" earlier. So who the hell came up with this broken idea?

3. Sothcide

thanks a lot i stared with horse taming yesterday and today i cant even press space that fast im not able to tame a tier 1 horse best patch fixed all great job

Phoenixxx75 and Xalorin like this.
  4. VurkWogs

Does anybody else find it worrisome that the UI keeps looking more and more like the console UI?

Phoenixxx75, Patrik2991 and JM like this.
  5. Neh2

I'm a master 1. Same experience. Horse capture is no longer possible as far as I can tell.

#65 Neh2, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
    Slachtung_Fyand and Toshiko like this.
  6. Xalorin

Totally agree - posted in the Life Skills forum; I completely fail to understand the thought (or lack of) process that went into this change and certainly can't believe anyone QAed this change before it went to release, as it makes the mini-game completely unplayable unless, as stated above, you wreck your keyboard. Please roll this piece of complete stupidity back!

7. Abacus

In typical BDO fashion, they break the game for no reason this time its horse minigame, people complain , they then undo it and are seen as heroes who fixed what they broke?

8. Trancestor

Lowered the accumulated number of exchanges needed to barter for the following ship upgrade items for upgrading a ship to an Epheria Carrack, and increased the frequency of the barter exchange appearing.

• Brilliant Rock Salt Ingot

• Brilliant Pearl Shard

From "No one have a clue" to a lowered Number of "No one have a clue" !

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Neh2

Right you are Avaroxy. I have caught a few now. It is possible to climb the wrangling bar by tapping very fast and regular, like a drum roll. I have to use both hands. The bar does start in the middle sometimes, I guess it is after the first round of wrangling, as you said. Horse capture was one of my favorite parts of the game but I am going to destroy my keyboard at this rate.

Toshiko, Phoenixxx75 and Kazza like this.
  10. Andaro

Ambassador

Someone asked, "What is the Weekly Patch Mini Poll and what does it do?"

The WPomp, is a very short poll that you can rate each patch note category on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the highest approval. This allows us to show the developers an "at a glance" view of the popularity of a particular patch on a weekly basis, and then hone in on particular drops or peaks. We will issue these every week and you can find the links here in the weekly patch note forum thread.

Here is a view of the Main Index with our new Popularity Power Meters (PPM) and Patch Popularity Timeline (PPT).

We hope to see everyone take just a moment of your time to cast your opinion and we greatly appreciate you doing so. As always, votes are confidential.

Screenshot_20191127-184200075_1.jpg

11. Danchou

Danchou Danchou Witch 62

This seems like a good idea but it doesn't really seem to get any proper exposure. I've been active daily for at least 2+ years currently and this is the first time I'm seeing it. Where does it actually get posted? Where are the results each week? I couldn't locate any previous ones and for this most recent one, I can't find it anywhere except your link at the start of this thread. They don't seem to get posted under any official area of the main site.

Not trying to be a downer on it, just a point of curiosity.

MMoNoob likes this.
  12. Doom Smack

Yep it still keeps the barter count which is good. I was glad to see it back today after it was missing temporarily the last week.

13. Andaro

Ambassador

Ah yes! The weekly POMP I's a new mini-series of polls that the Feedback Library began literally only three weeks ago and a compliment to our feedback aggregation, so my apologies as it indeed is not retro.

As for results, those are published in our "Main Index", a document viewed directly by the developers and managed by your Ambassador & CM Team ^_^ You can find our FAQ located here, main document, and discord invite link.

We now have 3 types of surveys that we do on a regular basis: (1) the new weekly POMP, (2) the Monthly/Bi-Monthly QOL Polls, and (3) Content Subject Surveys (CSS) which are ran on an as needed basis.

We also have a thread in the General Discussion section where we announce new monthly polls, etc located here (pinned at the top)

#73 Andaro, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  14. MMoNoob

a lot of players still dont know about that stuff you guys should advertise it on the game launcher like on the twitter more often please

Andaro likes this.
  15. HRose

Don't worry, they'll fix both the UI and horse taming, in Crimson Desert.

JM and Capitaine Courage like this.
  16. hightech

NO, I was critical in the beginning. But since resize is possible it is better in functionality and the color theme is appealing as well.
    If you do not think about a console you will not recognize that it is aligned to the console UI.

But it would be great if you could state what exactly is wrong with Ui instead of just saying that it is worrying because it is aligned to consoles.

17. Lottie

Yes I agree with all the horse-taming feedback other players have made. There is no 'suspense' in the latest fix. Horse-taming used to be more masterful. Now it's just a matter of how well you can smash your keyboard till your thumb aches, or your keyboard breaks.

Did the designers even test this for PC players? Did they test it using plain ol' normal keyboards not some state-of-the-art mechanical keyboard? Or did they decide to design it around console gamers, expecting them to just spam some button?

Either way, it just seems like a dumb system aimed at spoiling our hardware faster. Why did they even think they needed fixing the horse mini game this way??

I would also like to add that since this latest update, alot of my UI / settings have been 'reset' or have gone wonky. I now see System messages of random players failing or succeeding in enhancements, when I had checked to turn that option off ages ago in previous patches.

#77 Lottie, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Hilly likes this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Dont worry its designed for spamming buttons on gamepad not on some silly spacebar on keyboard :D

JM likes this.
  19. Tigerch3n

When we only can now do 4/4 Barters, it would be nice, if there is not a 4 hour waiting time (and you dont even see the time countdown)
    just make it without the time thing, would be a lot better, after the 4x refresh it is over for the day.
    especially if you cant refresh at night again, you still have the old one in the next day :(

Bruno12, Lefteye and shidoxen like this.
  20. chendu

I thought it couldn't get worse But oh boy I've never been so wrong ... the active barter window doesn't reset each day... which mean you have to lose one barter window to reset it ...
    Alright I'm probably out

JM likes this.