1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 2nd August 2017 - Event updated

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Desado

Desado Wizard 59 NA

You seem good at complaining

Lasaroth, Sibyyl and Wildcard like this.
  2. DiaborMagics

Ok I just got some cron fragments or whatever... what are they for? The tool tip says to check the event notes but I can't find anything regarding these things? What do they do?

Also, I only just read about the water park. I returned after a few months of barely any gaming :'( Will the park remain open forever? Would be nice as there's not much time for me to enjoy it now. Especially since I'm leveling my alts currently :S

3. crosspath

Thanks i will take that as a compliment.

DreamMas likes this.
  4. Nomenescio

i could never play that before, by chance discovered i had settings in such a way that i needed to give permission to the game before opening it. however as i play full screen this message was (i think) always hidden from my view. might solve your problem. ^^

5. BioticXplosion

BioticXplosion Dovahkiinn

LOL
    All this trouble even when there is this neat little tab on the Task Manager where you can easily disable or even remove applications from the startup menu ( CTRL, ALT, DEL) click Task manager and then go to the"Start up" tab then enable or del the application, so ya it's that simple :P
    and ya BDO is on there

#305 BioticXplosion, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    DreamMas likes this.
  6. Drustein

I am very happy that i get wednesday night back once a fortnight to play BDO. Maintenance happens during primetime here in Australia, so fortnightly maintenance is great for me. <3

7. Venwrath

the problem with 2 weeks before maint. is the amount of lag build up from AFK fishing/crafting. Towns and hot spots are already unplayable for many ISP and PC to keep up with (using the Specs listed for gameplay btw) there already should be an "afk checker" that confirms your doing something at all and not standing there to help reduce this lag, but it doesn't exist. Add on that every AFK processor probably has a horse, or cart - and/or boat out and your adding more and more models that are FORCED to render to everyone, every time - causing extreme lag chunks. (simple client side option player choice to turn off other's mounts would clean most of this up, like turning pets off, or a more complex "we put your stuff away for you - since your too lazy to do it by yourself, that'll cost you recovery for your mount please")

as it stands, I don't see cities and hotspots becoming playable after a week of AFK players build up. And there's literally nothing the "players" can do about it - except avoid them all together, which thus defeats the purpose of a city in the first place.

while this option won't fix anything server side - it would do wonders on a per player basis. The server side would need hardware upgrades no matter what is done to handle everything it already cannot. But I don't see them spending that much money into upgrading anytime soon.

Nebz and DreamMas like this.
  8. DanielleGoddess

lol do you even try to be serious? lol

9. Tyriel

Tyriel Musa 60

That is why they should introduce a few AFK channels. A channel where you can only process/fish/train horses, where there are no mobs and you cannot gather or trade. This will reduce the massive in-town lag fests.

Edit: Or a sort of phase-out option. If someone has not used any key for a certain amount of time, they phase out, like when multiple parties summon a scroll boss. (But I bet this is what you meant. :) )

10. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

Not in my autostart – no idea how it got in yours. But this explains why we can no longer patch without logging in. They don't want people's clients to patch even if they don't plan on playing the game, saving their own bandwidth (and money).

11. DreamMas

I love Skyrim too =D. After modding, everything's like ultra HD. Even having ENB, looking like photo-quality, Skyrim still runs twice as fast as BDO? Which has ugly AA (jagged edges) and flaky trees and blurry landscapes and everything. The only "pretty" part I think are the characters (the cosmetics) and the lighting when you zoom in ultra close (when you enlarge enough to make object's jagged edges disappear).

Yea, BDO is open-world MMO, it makes things a bit complicated. But how the graphic renders should be more of a client-side issue. However, the game gives us very little options with the graphics. It uses no true AA, but FXAA instead (that blurs the graphic), and still gives crap performance.... This is just beyond my comprehension how a game can be so UN-optimized. (This is like, since launch? or getting worse with each patch?) Come on, fix the dam town glitch already? (Yea, it's a glitch or very poor programing. Players activity shouldn't cause the game to freeze, but cause players to pop in-out / skip. As it should be a server-side / loading issue.) Does the company even listens to players? At least pretend to care?

At the very least, add an extra storage person or two at Heidel? It shouldn't be that hard? So the game doesn't nearly crash every time we pass through that area with all the afk fishing / processing / horse training. Jamming all of those things in that one area, smart! I guess no one in the company actually plays the game. They count cash all day or something?

#311 DreamMas, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  12. crosspath

Patching without planning to play? I can see millions of people doing that, yeah, is a clever organized plan... Crap you found it... We were planning to destroy the company like this...

Really... ahahaha... don't make me cough...

13. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

You could also ask why they're offloading node processing and other things to client computers where it might be exploited or modified. ;)

I won't argue whether things are reasonable, but there are quite a few things around this game I consider questionable.

DreamMas likes this.
  14. Hydronix

Can sorceress get a super armor on midnight stinger to make them a viable class yet?We can't even do our full combo without it and using it just gets us killed at this moment in the game.

15. Jengsen

pure powders became OP

16. Nebz

recent Dev diary + months of great patches like this = https://i.imgur.com/H1Xeebq.jpg (as of Saturday 15:44 EST or 19:44 UTC)

the only reason this content barren and imbalanced game is still alive is because there is literally 0 competition right now

17. Skinmissile

Skinmissile Skinmissile Witch 57 NA

Warrior Super Armor when again?

18. Sesaline

trying to log in aaand it won't load. just closes. must be a sign not to return to this buggy game

DreamMas likes this.
  19. Broksiu

why peace? War is such a profitable bussines... not only profitable, hence some cauntries mastered the war bussines to the point! That their country will collapse once they stop now, however the rabbit hole goes even deeper, they will drag down quite big portion of world down if they were to collapse at this very moment.

20. Osaemasu

Osaemasu DarkKnight

[​IMG]