1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 30th May 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, May 30, 2018.

1. Tjaranis

you believe that people wouldn't play if they didn't have to sit at a spawn and wait for many hours?
    or didn't have to get their sleep interrupted or that they could plan their lives around their playtime without the game needing to both use a high amount of hours to progress as well as a high amount of hours just waiting for spawns, instead of doing other rl stuff which might require you not being able to do the wb when it spawns?...

i do not agree with you there, I believe you will see more people actively playing and i believe it will create a much more fun gameplay, even if the maximum resource yield goes down. it is a way offer more freedom and less ties with "burden of optimal play", which is something i truly like to see. i am very impressed if this is the direction BDO is moving, and it's not just a lucky coincidence of trying to limit wb lag ;)

2. The_Inquisitor

I have been patient and supportive of these broad sweeping balance changes. But my witch, already the WORST solo pvp class in the game, has been nerfed every week for 6 weeks straight. What do you think its like to log in after patch every week and see how you've been made less effective.... again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Yes, that many again's.

Take away the goddam PA and give it so some other class so you nerf them into the ground. Why did you give the AP Glass Cannon class the heal and support skills? Do you even know what group meta is ?

Oaklay, xchan, SpiralEnergy and 2 others like this.
  3. Tjaranis

there might be a big change in playerbase, but if they do it fully and the game survives it, it will be a better game for it which will attract new players to a better bdo experience with a more engaging pvp combat. imo

4. kyse

yeah bird at 23:00 umm no it wasnt pdt umm no it wasnt get the times right no one was even at the bosses that spawned like wtf

5. Tjaranis

besides the lack of a dmg buff to all none-awak to get them in line with awaks, as well as a heavy lowering of sp needed to max out,
    i honestly, as a witch myself, think the main issue is we need more range on skills (most teleporting ends up with us being out of range to counter, intuitively), as well as a more safe skill-combo to change between weapons,
    as that would make up for the negatives and bring it more into its pre-awak ranged roles.

as every class have gotten so much movability, range need revamping to address this;
    as an example of a change towards this; would be to removing the SA from "lightning storm" (awak skill) and giving it a extra +50% range, or something along those lines, would help define the character's role, as well as lowering our ability to perma-cc-immune for the entire clash lengths.
    similar i would like to see a longer max range on all none-awak skills without defensives.

as for defences, I would rather see more teleporting ability instead of more SA/Block as it doesn't fit the pre-awak playstyle (as all awak was designed to make everyone equal and easy to balance, as well as making gear far more important than skill to push sales).

The_Inquisitor likes this.
  6. Von_Blaumark

The changes to the boss mechanics have a strong negative impact on other aspects of the game.

As a trader I need to switch channel often to buy items and look for channels to sell my wares. Blocking my channel cooldown timers for another 15 minutes on a fairly regular basis will rob me of hours of gameplay. This issue needs to be addressed.
    It is intolerable as it is and it keeps players from using the game as a sandbox, that is with a freedom of choice in what they want to do ingame.

@CM Yukimura

7. Himmelsfall

I totally agree on you.
    the change with the timers is good. the pvp ban and in this case the channel swap ban has a deep impact on the game experience.

also the pvp block enable ppl to bring theiry crates save from A to B in these 15 mins. Yes you can do other methods alrdy but they take time.
    Now you can just take the creates take your horse and go from wherever to valencia

8. Tjaranis

while properly true, the intended design was never to switch channels to get around which items was sold/bought.
    while i can see an issue in removing this due to the low income it would create, it would still be better to try and address these things so that it is the better option to do what should make you want to play in the designed way. hope that is expressed in an understandable way ^^

9. Von_Blaumark

Well there was never an alternative to finding an imperial delivery channel for sale. Ofc you need to switch until you find some channel that trades your wares.

10. LORDZERG

16:00 is perfect time thank you Kakao and Pearl Abyss

11. Allegame

@CM Yukimura you said you are noting the things ppl post here. OK then I`ll say my point also :
    push the damn issue with wiz/witch flows! its been 3 weeks! for other classes you made urgent maintenance, for pearl shop also, but for us you keep the bug for 3 weeks and not even now there is no news about it, no estimation, not even mentioned on "known issues". Press PA to give us an answer regarding this and announce us ASAP please! THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
    Also, why no battle arena during bosses? why no duels? A suggestion : when boss spawns, make the area around it protected, like a safezone or something and let people pvp on the rest of the fking WORLD
    Have a good day :)

12. Ricardo

Ricardo Mystic 61 EU

People are just hating to hate right now. This is actually a good patch overall apart from the World Boss changes. Making it unable to PvP while the bosses are up is weird. Back in the days this is where all the great wars began. I don't see a reason to disable this. Also not being able to change channel is odd.

Also BIG THANKS for the Armstrong Skill Reset, people cried for it and now we have it. Much appreciated. Seems like you actually listen to playerbase now I hope that you also take a look at some of the classes that are affected by broken mechanics and skills.:
    • Valk/Ranger stamina consumption
    • Wiz/Witch bugged damage
    • Tamer Cloud Stomping/Cloud Ride fix

13. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

We have forwarded the wizard/witch feedback, the developer team is aware of the issue that you've addressed.
    As soon as we receive any updates on the matter, we will share it promptly with you.

Thanks for your collaboration to you all.

Blusurfer and Tjaranis like this.
  14. kilitedhaggis

You have safe zones,you have combat zones...how hard is it to include the boss zone as a non pvp zone
    while the rest of the world goes about kicking lumps out of each other if this is the direction you want to take this **** now

Ruffe and Samael_II like this.
  15. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

I Just said it sucks in terms of RPG feel if You have fixed time to come and do something i.e World boss. Im used to random/dynamic events that all.

Your point of view is okay... For people who put BDO equal to their lives and daily chores. :)
    Im just a casual, I play for fun only. I don't want to compete with top players so my daily routine doesnt revolve around this game.

16. Lurea

I beg to differ:

• "Super Armor effect has been removed when the skill Crosscut" (like it was a good skill to use before, now it's even worse)

• Knockdown effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Crust Crusher.(- 1 knock down)

• Down Smash effect has been removed from the skill Crust Crusher. (- 1 down smash)

• Down Smash effect has been added to the skill Flow: Foul Play. (+ 1 down smash)

• Forward Guard effect has been added, for the skill Flow: Foul Play. (Look you are right, i got a protection back)
    • Stiffness effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Flow: Backflow. (- 1 stiff)

• Knockback and Stun effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Counter Assassination. (- 1 stiff & knockback)

• Bound effect will now only be applied in PvE for the skill Below the Belt. (- 1 bound)
    So that's front 1 forward guard back, 1 super armor removed (like we had that many left to remove :p)
    So how exactly did ppl who complain about the lose in CC forget about protection? XD

17. AluCarD2HeLL

If you already have tested PVP maybe you see how shitty this changes are, i mean i can just talk for my Kuno.
    I was fighting 10 minutes to take 2 lvl 58 down with low gear, i lost 350k karma for both. I had E-Buff + 100% Buff activated on
    my re-engage.I couldnt barley cc them for like 1 sek in 30. My best skill Lethal Spin has no cc effect anymore so you can just walk out
    like nothing happend. Classes with high sustain or high mobilty can just heal up with hp Pots like youre a joke.
    People who complained about the superarmor combs from some classes, yea youre right it was a bit braindead.
    But now pressing all combos you got and nothing happens, thats much better. You dont even need to dodge cause cc wont work on you or your enemys. And if the cc works than its so short that its no deal aswell. I mean doing nothing if youre community wants a change is the worst thing you can do, but if you change stuff without testing it or not listening to your "Customers" . You just make them leave your game after nearly a whole year ingame time, its pretty pretty sad for such a big Company. Mabye the money made you blind.

Ruffe likes this.
  18. Tjaranis

i think the system before was worse for an rpg standpoint, waiting for hours for it to announce itself, then magically people showing up via channel hopping, everything lagging, and there is no challenge at all...

so i don't get how the other system was better?
    could you explain to me what it is that you could do with the other system that you can't do with this?
    my only worrie is the 15min despawn timer (but as i've tried myself where there was to few people, i think its a nice way to not wasted to much time even if there is few players)

they are forgetting how the entire balance of the pvp CC setup have majorly changed and believing you should still be able to perma SA while doing CC is not what the current design tries to accomplish.

19. Tjaranis

if you camped bosses with lots of wars you've properly tried a few times where you died to "pve=boss" because of pvp taking 98% of your HP and boss last hitting.
    it is generally very annoying to fight at the bosses, and think it is good they are getting rid of some of the "hassel" which didn't seem to have any positive function.

edit:
    would like to see that 3v3v3v3 pvp arena be automated so we can just sign up for it like rbf (although make instances so you arn't stuck with not playing because it is full.

20. Ribena

Ausgettingassfuckedonceagain.PNG

Great I'll just quit my day job.

Ruffe likes this.