1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 30th May 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, May 30, 2018.

1. Lurea

Agreed, but the quote "forgot they got some defence back" was funny :p

2. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

Disable channel hopping and keep the old, random boss spawn. It would feel remain the most reasonable system. Or multiply the boss spawns every X hours so people who have work/chores to do can also participate. But then, It's still unfair because one can simply log in more often and slay more bosses than other people.

In MMOs i used to play, there were always random boss spawns and noone cried about that. When it's random, there is no advantage to anybody because noone knows when will it spawn, therefore it's all up to You and luck.

Anyway, You will never fully agree because it's just my opinion that differs. I won't repeat myself any further as It will never become the way I want it to. :)

3. Diondra

Lol. I'm in Australia too. They'll never cater to us.

Ribena likes this.
  4. Chinya

Chinya Tamer 62 EU

Form me fixed boss time are a lot, lot better than previous system. I never get any weapon from boss even when I was trying to get one. Bosses spawn when I was at work and windows for boss was horrible idea. You couldn't do anything else but you was on boss to spawn.
    Few days back I was waiting for Karanda to span. I just went to chicken for few minutes. When I came back Karanda was dying... Is this sound fair? And a few times even when I manage to shop up on Karanda, my guild was in war with some other guild and this person was killing me over and over.... How I could possibly get better gear when all this tings happened?

They could improve that PvP is disable only in boss area, this for sure. Also bosses should saw more often for people who live in different time zones. But still, for me fixed boss time is amazing change. Maybe finally I would get kzarka and dandelion.

5. Bekroxar

Acervus Ossum for dk WHEN? D:<

Lefteye likes this.
  6. Boojangles

Did you miss the part about pvp being turned off on the whole server while the boss is up?

Ruffe likes this.
  7. Ruffe

Ruffe Ninja 64 EU

8. miloda

ok im normally a silent watcher of those patch note threads...but WTF is this? why do you want us to leave? ok **** this pos game :( im done with this gambling slot maschine of a game! **** you!!

Ruffe likes this.
  9. LethalAF

no. im saying if no one is pvping at world bosses what is the point of this.

10. BanExplanationWhen

yeah, why not kill non grab classes even more.

11. The_Inquisitor

In the real world, when a stanger comes into your camp site and starts eating your food and drinking your beer, you reach for your gun.

In BDO, when a stranger comes into your grind site and starts killing your mobs, you have no choice but to just let it happen until one of you gets tired of how the XP and loot are suddenly crap. Often wasting the daily xp scroll.

Why the cuckholding of open world PVP again ? Why would you make karma losses even worse by adding xp loss ?

Ruffe likes this.
  12. JeanJean

Red players during boss fight were rarely a problem and in all cases, they were taking a great risk because aggroing a large troup of white players.

Now with 2% penalty in case of death against mob (boss are mobs), who is going to turn red ?

13. Tjaranis

what is the purpose of those changes?
    1. rng spawns means that burden of optimal play increase, which is provable a bad thing, as well as forcing people to sit and wait instead of playing.
    2. multiple boss kills over a short period of time, will allow more people to do it, create bigger zergs at bosses, makes it feel less dangerous and easier to kill, makes it feel like bosses is a "Super badass elite mob that spawn continuously and can be farmed with a good enough group", properly other effects. some are good some are really bad but i think the point would be to find a way to make the experience of fighting such a boss the experience it was designed for (something dangerous, big and impressive);

so the increased spawns there could be something there, the spawn location could also be something to look at (get them into the deep end of dungeons and buff up all the encounters to get to them, have doors you need to destroy so people cant just run through), and rebalancing of the bosses (think giving them a % dmg,def setup where they would also do minimum X% dmg with Y attack. so to keep them being a minimum danger no matter how godgeared you are).

Ruffe likes this.
  14. Tjaranis

i am off the opposite oppinion, i think these changes creates a far more inventive, interesting and engaging combat.
    instead of me simply focusing on my own rotations, stacking SA/B->trading dmg->look at hp->repeat, i feel like i am reacting to my opponent and that i can't just ignore what he is doing but have to react by breaking my chains, dodging around, continually moving and using skills in between, rarely just standing still and trading perma SA+dps (as i seem to die a lot faster by doing so, which is ).

so I feel it is a lot better. it also allows for comeback mechanics much more as the 1cc=dead is a bit weaker now, so you will have a lot more chances to disengage and heal back up before you re-engage which gives much longer and better fights.
    I personally had 2 really good fights over a spot that each lasted for properly 7ish minutes of constantly forward and back in the "who is winning", which is an awesome feeling for good engaging and exciting pvp..

I Truly feel they got their finger on the pulse and I am impressed with the changes I see, as well as hopefull that BDO might actually become really damn good with time; as it feels like the changes are there to enrich the gameplay experience instead of pushing P2W and cashshop focus, which obviously makes for a vastly more enjoyable experience, at the cost of short-term profit for the company;
    therefore i am impressed over the changes i've seen the last 3-4 weeks, and looking forward to seeing if they are going to revamp a lot of the awak skills ranges, aoe's, etc to rebalance for the more engaging combat style.

15. ForeverFriends

Something wrong here.
    Lets see I'll try to make another examples
    Camp site and grind site is different right? so basically the stranger didnt go to your campsite but to the grind site which is the resources is there and no one owns them unless is private property? and i don't see grind site are private properties. probably your camp site which is where?

16. Tjaranis

I think there is a lot of merit in both views.
    while obviously limited resources will be fought over and the victor takes the spoil, but at the same time we can safely assume that the resources belong to the owner of the land and we are either working for them or bandits stealing their stuff.

from a gameplay perspective its a question of who you are:
    1. if you are the one killing people you think it fair because you could kill them therefore you can harass them away therefore it is rightfully your spot.
    2. the people who get killed feels it's unfair as their view is that the games purpose is there to have fun and you are ruining that fun preventing them from being able to enjoy the pve they wanted, which they feel isn't/shouldn't be possible for you to do.

as for the devs response it also goes both ways.
    on one hand they clearly don't want you to grief people from doing the needed pve content, seen from the removal of pvp entirely from the wb content.
    but at the same hand they clearly want us to fight in the open world over grind spots as they heavily changed the karma system, but at the same time they clearly don't want you to be able to just force a person away from the spot, which is why the karma system is there in the first place.

there is also no reward for pvp which is a real issue imo.
    i truly feel that bdo needs a pvp currency, like aion had same setup the stronger you are the more you are worth and the less you get for lowbies, let those pvp currency resources be used to buy upgrade materials including mems (should be roughly the same silver/hour ratio as equal content for that character).

but as it all stands right now it is not possible to say who is rightfully owning the spot, so the only thing you can do is follow the mechanics, so if you flag and kill someone expect to go red or leave the spot if they are very persistent, as well as if someone is stronger than you expect them to kill you if they want the grind.

#296 Tjaranis, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. reconkangas

Screenshot_20180531-144406_Samsung Internet.jpg YUP NOTHING WRONG... NOTHING TO SEE HERE BLACK DESERT GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

XSkinnyx, Ruffe and Blusurfer like this.
  18. reconkangas

Screenshot_20180531-144503_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Yup PA Everything is fine.... customers are never right and we are just all complainers... stock in free fall feel that itch that you cant scratch.

XSkinnyx, Ruffe and Blusurfer like this.
  19. Shutara

Shutara Shutara Ninja 57 EU

What does it mean? How is this provable?
    Noone forces you to do anything, is that too hard to comprehend? It's all up to player in the end. RNG lies within half of the aspects in the game, so it's natural lol. Game had rng bosses (narrowed to certain time frames and helped by Discord to the ones who want it so badly) before and tell me, were there people massively crying about it?

Those 2 bold sentences exclude eachother man. Plus, current bosses are just boring in their form of AI/move set. It's one big zergfest anyway.
    If people want to kill many bosses, then PA should goddamn make it dungeon-based thing to which everyone can sign in and eventually zerg it when a group of people is big enough. Like in every other traditional MMO. But no, let's make illogical twists of it (*cough* current state *cough*).

Rebalancing (or even revamping) is really needed to this feature.

#299 Shutara, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  20. Avadaa Kedavraa

What were you thinking with this patch? You've given all the power in the game to trolls and bad actors. The community had very few ways of dealing with karma bombers or jail bombers in Valencia. The one tool we had at our disposal was to deny bad actors high value gear by confronting them at high value events. So in your genius, you thought it would be an IMPROVEMENT to the game if you removed the main ability used by the community to police itself? There will be no way to keep a rotation from trolls, there will be no way to stop incessant karma bombing, which is already a HUGE problem. On top of that, if I'm being harassed somewhere else, you're going to shut down PvP in the entire world for a single boss?! Not to mention the people enjoying a completely different part of the game being interrupted from their experience. Whoever is leading your efforts needs to rethink this whole thing, because you're killing your community. Your bank account may look like a Pearl abyss right now, but if you keep this us, we'll make it look more like Pearl pond.

The_Inquisitor and Ruffe like this.