1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 3rd October 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Roxies

Ah okay, you're right. Thanks!

2. The reckon

Well, since you don't seem to bright, guess I'll have to clarify that taking it in the a** is metaphorically not litterally. Regardless of whether you "just go through the mourn stages" or not , we are all getting fked in the bum w no lube, once again must clarify that this is metaphorically for all those who can't seem to tell. Lol "keep it private", its pretty public how much we are getting fked over so not sure what you mean by keeping it private. The people who are compalining all the time on these forums are the ones who should keep it "private". As little has changed with all these complaints. Still sea monster hunting, hacks, class balance issues, etc etc.

Again my point is either leave the game for good people or keep your complaints to yourselves cause nothing is changing other than the fact its getting worse.

Mycca likes this.
  3. Jena

I'm sorry, I don't know what a carried account is? I have yet to catch a golden since the patch. I don't use cheats or any such thing.

4. Suawoy

You are welcome. I was kinda surprised myself when I saw meadow in last claim as it was hidden. Cheers!

5. Elza

Elza Sorceress 63 EU

Plot twist: I get more of these now than the golden ones.
    upload_2018-10-6_15-0-30.png

Jena likes this.
  6. Nefertiri

Why are you annoying us with it? This is not funny with the grana patch and certainly not very helpful to change this patch garbage again. I want back my Golden Spinica and also the normal drop chance!

7. Jena

Not one of those either since patch. Thx tho, there is hope. LOL

8. Jena

Don't read the complaints, or come to the thread that has complaints. Your choice. We have our choices too and if it is to complain then so be it. Again, just scroll on by.

Jazzy Sensei likes this.
  9. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I like what was done with the Marni stone when Item Count is displayed, thanks.

On the other hand, I really hate this:

"Audio volume will now be reduced automatically when the following windows are open:"

When I'm in the map or pearl shop, now I can't hear if my character/mount is under attack or if I've reached my destination when auto-pathing. Do you really want to discourage window-shopping in the pearl shop while auto-pathing? If users didn't ask for it, please revert this change. If users did ask for it, then please make it an option I can disable.

Nicci likes this.
  10. Rok

Rok

This change is good and bad at the same time.

"Audio volume will now be reduced automatically when the following windows are open:
    • World Map
    • Pearl Shop
    • Dye window
    • Conversation window
    • Customizing window
    • Black Spirit window"
    If the player is in a dangerous area and opens the map, pearl shop, or black spirit window, then this lowering of audio volume can lead to the death of the player as they can't hear the sounds of their character being attacked by mobs!

This will work the same way if a player forgets one of those windows open while they're away from the keyboard after real life takes them away from the game suddenly. In the past, players would've used the sound from the speakers to be able to tell if they're being attacked. Having one of those windows open now will prevent this, potentially leading to character deaths, EXP loss, and weeping about it at level 61.

I also used to open the map while my character is cooking so I can avoid the nightmare that is the loud TADA sound after EVERY unit I cook but ... I could hear the sound of the cooking itself! The stirring, salt-shaking, and tasting. It was genius. Now, I can't hear anything at all in map view, so I MUST listen to the loud, non-stop TADA sounds to be able to tell when my character is done cooking or done using a simple cooking stove so I can move him to the next.

I REALLY like this change in the conversation window, though, because it allows us to read quest details without listening to the endlessly looping NPC comments. If NPC simply made their comments once at the beginning and stopped, then perhaps there would be no need for lowering the volume. I haven't tested yet whether the lowering of the volume applies to their looping dialogue, but if it doesn't, then I don't see the point of this change really.

What I can recommend is to give us Audio Options where we can tick each of those categories to apply the volume reduction to or not. This way, everyone's happy and they have control over what to do with this potentially welcome but decisively and situationally infuriating change.

Thank you.

11. The reckon

Well according to your logic, I have a choice to be here to complain about people complaining about the game. Obviously if my complaints don't stop people from complaining then also realize that people complaining about this game aint gon make the devs change the game niether. My choice, just scroll on by yourself.

12. Sheraon

We are going to have patch on 10 october??? We need discounts in Value Packs heheheheheheehehhe

13. Azeiu

Never! xD With such broken sailing controls and such bad Sea/Ocean experience, plus the bad design of the cannon function, will never bother to even try, hehe :)