1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch notes - 6th January 2021

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jan 6, 2021.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

6 1 2021.jpg

Greetings Adventurers,

Nova is now ready to reveal her true power so you can choose between Awakening and Succession once you have completed her quest!

We will also add Red Battlefield servers and the new Ancient Weapon Invasion mode specifically for Season servers.

#1 CM Yukimura, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Lillesofie likes this.
  2. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Any reason why aren't we able to create a trial Nova, or trials of new classes in general? Wasn't the whole purpose of trial characters so we can see their skills and see if it suits our playstyle or not before we decide to make and level up the actual class :/

3. Marabon

Where is the Family Inventory Weight Coupon?
    I've been looking ever since the Family Inventory was added, but unable to find it.

4. Gold-hay

Gold-hay Wizard 62

any reason. for no update ? upload_2021-1-6_14-43-55.png

5. SoggyCow

PvP would be more fun if everyone didn't die in one second. This is self-evident by gear capping wars, shadow arena's balance, and having to add HP to wars. I just wish PA decided to give us a PvP system where fights actually lasted maybe 15-25 seconds instead of 1-2 after 1 knockdown or grab.

DafuqYouLookinAt, Gold-hay and jrs1 like this.
  6. Tjoori

So... I have a Nova on regular server. She gets a Tuvala Awakening weapon box -- which only season characters can open and is bound to character. Well done.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Tzamaz

So throw it away. You chose to not use the seasonal benefits.

Lillesofie and MaraSol like this.
  8. Corrus

This is the best thing ever

Attached Files:

9. Lillesofie

Thank you for the patch notes! I absolutely love Nova, great work!

10. Lillesofie

Wow, this must be very traumatizing, I hope you get through this hard time. Best of luck!

11. epicsauc3

there is an issue with the santa hat where it changes my hair color to default. her normal hair color is orange/red

Attached Files:

12. Veoh Techstarify

Well it's for you to level up every class anyway... no matter if you are playing or not- alone those unique class spezific titels if you want all of them you need at least one of each class.

That's because it's not the usual hair, but the hair countign as "skin", soo- you can change colors on J with usual colors or mervs.
    -> In my opinion even better because it will fit better to your other colored gearpieces and got by far more selections with mervs. In adddition it won't change the actual color like the super terrible real hair color mechanic in here depending on where you are or different day/nighttime...
    ( side note: Btw. are you playing on a potatoe laptop? The graphic quality is really horrible on your pic xD)

13. Quelnar

I, for one, don't care enough about titles to play a class that I don't like, and I would very much like to be able to avoid playing a character for any real period of time just to figure out whether I'm going to like them once I've leveled them up and taken them to Awakening or Succession. I would have much preferred to have been able to try a Nova as a trial character first rather than going through the whole character pre-creation thing, but she looked interesting enough that I risked it anyway and created a season character that was a Nova. However, that was a mistake. I hated her, because she was so dog slow, and I deleted her by the time I got to the Western Guard Camp. From the sounds of it, her Awakening may fix her speed issues, but I'd like the opportunity to try it out and see before wasting hours of playtime just to get to her Awakening. I had assumed that Nova would be added as a trial character as soon as she came out and was very surprised when she wasn't. I then assumed (foolishly apparently) that they were just putting off the trial version until her Awakening and Succession were out. But for some reason, you still can't create a trial character of her. If her Awakening is good enough, I may actually slog through her terrible pre-Awakening to get a decent character, but I have zero interest in putting up with her pre-Awakening just to find out that I don't like her Awakening either.

Videos give you some idea of what a class is like without playing them, but ultimately, you have to play the class to find out, and the trial system makes that actually sane instead of requiring that you sink hours of your time into each class to find out whether you like them once they actually have all of their abilities. After this mess, I'm going to be far less interested in trying out new classes before they've been out for however long it takes to get trial versions of them, because I don't want to waste my time on classes that I don't want to actually play. And titles are definitely not a good reason to put up with bad classes IMHO.

14. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

That only makes sense if a player is a collector of titles or something. I only level up classes which I will play and enjoy for certain. I take time in leveling them up and I don't feel like spending 5000 loyalties and a week on leveling something just to find out it's not what I wanted. This is literally the reason why trial characters exist in the first place, so players don't have to do this and waste their time for nothing. This just feels forced, seems to me they keep delaying trials for new classes just so more people create them, level them up and get rewards even if they don't like them one bit. Works good for their statistics I guess.
    IMO playing and leveling a class just to get a few rewards and then tossing it away once you don't want it isn't good. Let players try it and decide for themselves. No need to make them wait longer if the class is already out.

Quelnar likes this.
  15. Misuzie

Misuzie Luchina Lahn 62 EU

Looking forward to try out Red Battlefield on my season character! Finally everyone can get the gear cap and have a fair fight!

16. Veoh Techstarify

And @Quelnar:

No, it makes sense for everyone since you get fame for it, also more energy (each class having the amount of energy you already made), titles giving bonus stats, and every class got unique titles.

If you don't feel like, I don't blame you since I'm not that different.
    But if you want to max out everything of the game, you need as most as possible classes on at least lv60 and finished the mainquests.

Also if you don't play the season/level up events, you miss free things at all.
    I don't like to get forced to play it, too, but I also don't want to miss the huge amount of free goldbars you get.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  17. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Again, it doesn't make sense for everyone because not everyone is you. And not everyone plays the game for family fame, or to get more energy, or to get knowledge. I couldn't care less about any bonuses I get from doing things such as those, be it silver or any other prizes. I care for the class and seeing if it's fun or not, or if it suits me or not. I also care to not waste my time with a class I won't enjoy.
    So basically yeah, the only reason they are postponing this is so more people level her up.

Quelnar likes this.
  18. Quelnar

You get no additional fame or energy for playing multiple classes. You get it for playing multiple characters, but there is no requirement that each of your characters be a different class. You could fill every character slot with Lahns if you wanted to, and aside from titles, the benefit would be the same as having one of every single class. Playing even multiple classes, let alone close to all of them, is purely personal preference. And even for titles, unless you simply want to collect them all, there is no benefit in collecting them all. You get bonuses for having up to 2000 of them, but since they keep adding titles, there's no way that you actually need them all in order to hit the max bonus. It's probably easier to hit 2000 if you're getting some easy titles for playing a bunch of different classes, but it's not required.

And sure, PA/Kakao wants everyone to play each new class as it comes out, so they give leveling bonuses and other rewards for playing them. So, if you don't play them, you lose out on some rewards, but that doesn't mean that playing a class that you don't like is worth it (that's completely up to you), and it certainly doesn't mean that you need play it, just that you're missing out on some rewards if you don't. And of course, if you're late to the game and miss out on the initial period that a class is being played for whatever reason, you miss out on those rewards whether you play the class or not. So, the incentive to play each new class for rewards is relatively brief. Unless they add some additional Nova-specific rewards beyond this initial period, then past the 20th, there will be no more reason to play a Nova than a Kunoichi as far as rewards go.

So, if you want to play every class, go ahead. But the benefits in doing so are almost entirely based on personal preference. And personally, I have no interest in playing a class that I don't like playing, so I would much prefer to have the ability to create a trial character for a class as soon as it's introduced. And my experience with playing Nova at release was so negative that I don't currently plan to ever pre-create a character of a new class again. The rewards aren't worth the pain of playing a class that I don't like.