1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 8th October 2019

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Putki

I don't even have a Shai so I personally don't give a fc...
    Instead UI sucks for like... 90% of playerbase ? :D

2. Corrus

well I still can't Login to the game so ESO it is Tonight I guess

3. Artista989

The UI is now way to big. Not a fan of the new UI at all! Now if I close storage in the town map menu it closes the drop down selction screen for building locations. Such a pain, I have to remember to move it over now every time if I want to have the ability to look stuff up.

"Work in silence and let your success be your noise."

4. Barban

This UI is so dumb and ugly. Old one was definetly more clean. Give back old UI. Please...

5. Fairyglitter24

Playing on PS4 and since the new update keep getting “profile authentication failed” notice every attempt I log in. This is so frustrating . Any help ?

6. Voxxyy251

Same her . Try to contact Sony and cant even get in a que on the phone. I was online 1hr ago and was booted for a small add on update after it completed this has been my issue. Reading xbox forums; when they experienced this issue it led to them having to repurchase everything they paid for again and wait weeks for a refund. I hope this is not the case for ps4 and hopefully some jackass messed up somewhere coding.

gheedorah likes this.
  7. gheedorah

Its impressive that they can manage to make the UI uglier with each release. I mean it still works, so no real complaint, but holy cow is that clunky and awkward.

8. DrJeckel

yup...why did they complicate it even more? Makes no sense at all. Fix the bugs and simplify the game...that's what people want

Lillekolibri likes this.
  9. RavenousSix

Insanely horrible UI. Please revert ASAP. Please for the love of everything BDO. I mean why does the enhance window snap back to the left on alt swap and show the FS way below the item.

The BDO UI guy needs to be fired. Please revert the UI back. Please.

Lillekolibri, gheedorah and Robf like this.
  10. Klonopins

The new UI implemented with the most recent maintenance is absolutely horrendous. Is there any way to revert back to the previous version of the UI? I hope you will consider changing the UI back to how it was before, because it is now total garbage and all the menus in the game are now more difficult to navigate and look ugly as sin.

If you do not plan to revert this change, then please at the very least, allow a toggle feature to switch back to the previous version instead of forcing this new one on us.

11. Emolicious

I agree 100% Why does PA insist on fixing things that aren't broken.

the best thing they should do is implement Addons so the User can Design and setup their own UI's. save themselves the trouble of shitting the bed all the time...

12. Danehk

Let us revert that damn UI like how you let us use the old escape menu and the old HP bar ffs

13. VurkWogs

Every moment I spend with this new UI, I dislike it more and more. Makes that damned autopath box in the middle of the world map seem wonderful in comparison.

14. arkedis

I would like to know why all the other classes get an outfit but the lahn is excluded from all of them, and and and if we get one it looks like the as the rest of them. Each one had a slightly different design but basically the same concept I don't think that's very fair and now this event is out and we are on the back burner with the shai ?...........why...man...why. I really want to know

15. Tharnok

The new UI is so horrendous, big, clunky, harder to read, makes you eye's hurt and so on, and have no fantasy feel to it at all.
    One of the big reason people play BDO, is because its a beautifull fantasy world with beautifull graphic, now go talk to npc and have a big ugly futuristic UI pop in your face (with more steps to do the same thing as befor), and gone is the fantasy feel, open warehouse same thing, open inventori same thing etc.

(I can only surmise this is how the designers/decisions people behind the new UI design for the last 2 years thinks: Lets give it a modern feel to it, you know 2016+ then it dont require us to focus much on detail anymore since we gona use grey and white that way it all blend in with everything and they cant see the diffrence, and all the kids that use their mobile all the time well love it since its something familiar to em. And if anyone complain we can always rebrand the game as a futuristic fantasy game, problem solved. A few people might get headache from the new ui but shoudent be much of a problem we just make the letters and everything big also that way it will hide the fact its the grey/white's and big blandness fault and we can always say its because people using to old pc that cant do 4k.

And we also get the benefit of we can take it more easy in the futere since now we can use the same UI on both mobile, console and pc, and people wont leave since they spent mobey and time the last few years on the game so they allready hocked.)

Well congrats you lost this player until i can get the old UI back, that wont give me headache interacting with npc, i still hate the UI changes you made a year ago, but i put up with it because of the love for the game and its graphic (except UI changes), but now you pull this crap out and force it on me, that was the last straw for me.

16. arkedis

I don't think it's so bad that I will leave the game I do think it's big but I can also switch to what kinda of UI u want so I do they think of us in that concept lol

17. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

I think the thing I dislike the most about the new UI is the dialogue menu. The dialogue is printed in chunky gold letters over the NPC with no contrasting background, making the whole thing overall harder to read. And then dialogue options slide in on the right, making you have to search around for them. It's really poor UX.

18. Zinniah

Worst UI in gaming. Are you guys trying to get players to quit. Beautiful game and then you open a window to a UI that looks like and functions like games of the early 80's. please stop killing our game

19. gheedorah

"...but the positive feedback we received about the new UI after releasing the Black Desert Console helped us to reconsider the UI update for PC." LOLWAT. Is there a braille version of this game somewhere? Cuz the blind are about the only demographic that are giving positive feedback on this clownishly oversized, move-your-mouse-5-times-to-go-through-a-simple-dialogue, 1990s freeware UI.

"We think that among all kinds of content, the UI in particular has great influence on your playing experience and sensibility."
    I don't know how a UI has "great influence" on my "sensibility", but yes, with regards to my playing experience, it does have an influence. Unfortunately, it is for a second time in 2+ years, a negative experience, given how tone deaf this latest atrocity is.

It is so confusing that these updates to the interface seem to - each time - move the exact opposite direction of the broader trends of GUIs, whether they be in other video games, in android/iphone apps, or in computer software. Where others seek to be more efficient, condensed, legible, and to require less visual and interactive effort from the user, this game's UI literally keeps getting larger, less detailed, less legible, and requires more movements of the mouse and eyes (never mind that it grows less and less consistent with the aesthetic of the game itself upon each revamp).

The UI gets worse every time it's overhauled. As a lifeskiller who has spent way, way too much on pearls (read: > $300), it has become less compelling to play after the last two major "updates" to the UI. I'm not gonna rage quit, and I doubt many others will either, but the more time we have to spend fumbling through an ugly UI muddling up a gorgeous game, the less interested I think a lot of people are in spending their cash on value packs and extras. Or maybe I only speak for myself. After the first few weeks of this game, I started buying value packs, playing very consistently, and AFK skilling pretty much constantly. After the last update before this one, I got irked by how they made such a beautiful game just a little bit uglier, and started spending a little less here and there. This time around, I have a 90-day active and two 30-days in the bank. We'll what happens after the inevitable next several days of tiny updates trying to fix all the ugliness.

SOLUTION:

Perhaps UI overlays could be sold for loyalty points, and premium overlays for pearls? So that worst case, we could just spend $10 to undo the really, really bad job the designers have done over the last few years? Honestly, I think a lot of people would pay a few bucks or a few thousand in loyalties to undo the mess the developers seem so fixated on making.

YES.

What is AAU? I googled and only found Amateur Athletic Union. I'm dating this game, but I'm not married to it. The experience gets incrementally worse with each UI overhaul. I'll check out something else for a few weeks while I wait to see if they fix their latest big mess.

RavenousSix and Lillekolibri like this.
  20. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Isn't this crappy ugly UI a designed made for console? If they didn't notice, we are PC gamers and choose PC for a reason. Please revert this eyesore back to how it was before. Don't get me wrong, I'm always one for improvements but this new UI is not an improvement in any sense of the word. They need to stop neglecting us PC gamers and remember we are the ones who put them on the map and made them all that money they waste on crappy, ugly sh*t like this they keep forcing on us -.-

Just another old revamped and inferior MMO everyone is hyping again.