1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - 9th May 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, May 9, 2018.

1. reconkangas

I picked no bones about saying i personally was a mystic i rerolled from a witch. but i have a lv 61 mystic and a ton of time, full boss gear and my ap 225 DP 279 but getting her to that was a ton of sweat and tears ON top of getting my @Ss handed to me by maehwa , ninja, strikers and some wizards yes wizards and some powerful rangers in 1v1 and group V group each class is dependent on how they are played and at how i was geared, level played a big part in that as well..... Mystics are not invincible granted i have only been playing BDO for a year this game is NOT jump in and press buttons those that really truly learn there class are absolutely incredible no matter the class.

gear has by % more to do with how you get manhandled as well as CC and if you know what the hell your doing once there down. if you have tried a mystic she is so fast on the attack is easy to overshoot your opponent once CC if your not paying attention. she is not that easy to play (#1 as in a single binding, #2 some knockdowns as @Asami said the power behind those hits are weak compared to other classes UNLESS you had Tri and Tet accesories and tet Kzarka from the jump with over 250+ sheet AP I personally did not i started new here without that type of gear and worked my @Ss off to get to were i am from scratch .

so if you got your butt handed to you by a reroll with Sheet Ap over 250 and dp of 300 chances are its not just the mystic its prob a combo of you having to learn a new class and how to beat it and the massive difference between you and the person your fighting not the mystic. My experience is if i go head to head with a veteran player chances are i will lose but being salty about mystics when we are not talking about just mystics ALL classes got messed up badly and mystic is still OP in my book most fights last 30 seconds thats more than i need to put the hurt on you with dragonize...

Just so we are on the same page here Steamer or not the issue of this change still affects all of us and how this GM is making game killing decisions and just expects the rest of us to just keep playing. that is the Hubris that other platforms follows that are long gone and dead its funny how the circle of life goes on especially when this has been repeated so many times you would think they would try and avoid it.

#541 reconkangas, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. ZadokNIN

Kinda sad when they know they **** up often an regular trying to do things without thinking them through all the way, honestly. The adults running this game, wow, from the north american region, this is an embarrassment. The person who has the final OK to release a half ass'd patch would be on final warning if it were my company.... Whoever said it was ok to release such garbage should understand that you've hurt the companies revenue stream. Your ignorance is your downfall right now.. here some other ******** coming out of the mouths of this company:

" This is why we would like to inform you of the following changes that will be coming next week: " - CM Yukimura
    KEY WORDs NEXT WEEK, then it goes on to list resist/evasion changes, nothing about ripping peoples protection away
    DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers - Part 2

'vision change and PROMISES' - coming next week? LIES

let's see... what did we get instead? not what we were told looking forward to the whole week cause you decide hey, lets drag this 30 day balance thing out for 2 months cause we don't know what the **** we are doing ! ayyyyyyy #losingplayers $$$$$$$$$$

"This is Jae-hee Kim, the Executive Producer in charge of development for Black Desert Online.'
    'It is my mistake and regret for being unable to fully communicate with adventurers before deciding upon such a major change.'
    'This decision was carried out with the latest updates but we fell short on satisfying our adventurers and we regret this. Many factors, such as adjustments to certain classes were unable to be implemented with these updates.'
    'Throughout the next 30 days, we will pay extra attention in dealing with class balance. We won’t make abrupt decisions, but during this period, we aim to bring changes that will be more acceptable to all. We will also be making an additional global communication channel so that we can be more receptive to the various feedback from all users.'
    DEV DIARY: Our Vision of Change and Promises to Black Desert Online Adventurers
    -sidenote; it's been 2 weeks since their '30 day class balance' meaning... only 2 more weeks to go right? good goals, and good ****ing luck, your system is a wreck right now and people are quitting / taking leave for a while until the game is playable/stable IF that happens in the next 2+ weeks hah... gooooood luck

'WE WONT MAKE ABRUPT DECISIONS' - Jae-hee Kim WOW, liar liar liar

let arsha be your ****ing test server, not the whole server, WHERE IS YOUR ****ING LOGIC?

Ricardo, Floffy, Aave and 2 others like this.
  3. reconkangas

Well Said i dont speak for the rest but that is why i am even more PO'd then before the patch i didnt see it put to a vote or ask anyone on these forums ...

peanut777 likes this.
  4. Rusek

I was just answering his question, and im lifeskiller, I don't pvp so I don't care
    Also, if you think that afk fishing and processing equals to "lifeskiller" then I must disagree

Wet Cake and Free_Shiro like this.
  5. Damayati

100% resist... Good luck, I am running full resist crystals and that is only 55% for everything. You will have to use the accessories, but that is not very effective in pvp. (Try aggroing more than one mob and lets see the 2 cc limit work...) cc limit doesn't work in pvp either, I can easily keep most classes perm cc'd while they have max pvp resist. P.S. I am using nouver for extra 10% resist as well as griffon helm for the extra 5%.

Wet Cake and peanut777 like this.
  6. BantikBoy

Good job you have destroyed the game and all the characters with this useless patch.You guys from Pearl Abyss just dont care what the players say, if they say fix this you dont fix it you literally destroy it. Are you ppl form Pearl abyss STUPID , becose its hard to be stupid and you are trying very hard.Listen what the players are saying.

Floffy and peanut777 like this.
  7. Cascaden

Just going to put this here....

Floffy likes this.
  8. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 62 NA

when will that nightmare horse be available for purchase on the auction? because right now all i see is nothing on the auction block its all blank.

9. AngelsHaven

I don't understand, I really need some help understanding... on why you would make changes like that. I get that you're "trying" to "balance" this game, but instead of buffing/nerfing classes that need it, you make characters all the same. For example Sorc is D tier and Mystic is S tier, everyone else is in between... so what you guys decided to do was move every class to C tier, I think that's part being lazy and part not playing your own game. One more thing, why isn't their a test server to test these changes... most major games collect their feedback on wether certain classes/characters need buffs/nerfs from testing servers. It may be more work, but... at least you could keep all of your player base, because right now half of them quit!

Floffy likes this.
  10. Sylo78

It was up there a few minutes ago when i checked while delivering wine, sitting with a current bid of 12 billion++

11. LazyCats

Good job kakao you just made Maehwa from a weak class to unplayable. I'l explain:

Main initiator (Petal Drill) have no defenses, You can get interrupt before and after using the skill = Useless in nodewars. No point getting in a Nodewar with a Maehwa becuase you will never CC anyone without getting interrupt, Even if you try to sneak up. Therfore you will die before getting any combos done.

Stigma and Royal rage are the only things that kept Maehwa from costant dashing around 24/7 and wait for Petal Drill's CD to CC again. They have no defenses so you can't use them either, It was already hard enough to hit them now it's just useless. All Maehwa will dash 24/7 now, gg.

Petal Bloom, You could use it on rare occasions without CC your opponent before, Now with no defenses on attack, You can get intterupt after you finish charging before the actual attack and also becuase it has a fixed position, People can just go behind you.

Frost Pillar still have a frontal guard but it has too slow animation and the guard not even working everytime so it's useless in pvp.

Moonrise get's superarmor which already had on second and third hit and was useless back then now it's still useless and not even working sometimes. Has such a short animation that you will get CC afterwards anyway.

So what you got left with? Stub Arrow, The only safe CC option which is preety much impossible to use against a decent player.

In conclusion:
    Maehwa which was already hard enough to hit CC with, Will now get punish hard no matter how you try going in.
    There is no more safe skills to use and make the fight more interesting than hoping Petal Drill hit and you won't.
    The only way to win with a Maehwa is if your opponent is afk or you just get super lucky.

Xiao420 likes this.
  12. Floffy

Omg i want my money back... I will not invest more time in this sht anymore.
    The way i see it:
    1. Lahn was useless in KR, now that hey gonna implement it here they have to milk the money from the people rerolling to lahn, and ofcourse they had to nerf everything else to such an extent so the new class would look more apealing, but in order to not get 100% complains about how "op" lahn is they left wiz/witch with enough skillset to fight them.

2. Oh bois we added these ultimate preawk skills + rabam skills and noone use them, all that work for nothing!!!!? lets nerf awakening skills so we force them to see the greatness in our work... >:D

*Lag compains* *desync complains**server performance complains*
    Someone's Inside PA brilliant idea: We should make the game smother and renting better servers.
    Same's persona lazziness: Naaaaaaaah lets just reduce the player's ability to detect those puny flaws....- REOMVE SA!!! awesome, im awesome u_u

*weed smoke everywhere*
    PA: You know what would be nice guys?
    *cough cough*
    devs: What do you have in your mind bro?
    PA:Mages! Mages EVERYWHERE!!!
    devs: There are mages everywhere :)
    PA: BUT I WANT MORE!
    devs: what should we do?
    PA: NERF EVERYONE ELSE OFCOURSE.... YOU PLEBS oh and add a black pegassus!
    devs: sir YES SIR!

RuleR likes this.
  13. Xiao420

**** dev team i ever saw.. 28 page one of the must biggest thred ever on your silly compney and no ****ing one GM come to say somthing ....FAIL AS THE PATCH YOU UPDATE

Ricardo likes this.
  14. Wormyjim

This will be my final post, and my last hope for the salvation of this game.

When we looked back at node wars from pre-mediah, pre-awakening times, we thought to ourselves...

"How lame does that look, lol"

"So slow, everyone is just sort of walking around eachother doing damage, where is the PvP action combat?"

The release of awakening weapons, and with it the addition of more protective abilities, super armors & forward guards etc. was an immense step forward for this game, it made the "action combat" really come into its own, it made the game so much more fast paced and exciting.

Why are we being taken back to the stone age? With the CC changes, and now the class changes, you are undoing all the positive changes we've had in the last 2 years of this game in a matter of weeks. Frankly this amounts to nothing less than disrespect for the decisions of those who came before you, and you might as well remove awakening weapons altogether at this stage.

Remove. This. Patch.

And the new CC system and renown score while you're at it.

The game was so damn close to being perfect before you started messing with it. I don't want to spend my money on this anymore now that it is just going downhill.

Wet Cake likes this.
  15. Ciroc

Its just that they are pushing out these patches without informing anyone, not even the BDO partners. They couldve ask them to test these changes, pvp was a real challenge before. Now its just an unbearable unbalanced mess.

1. Renown Score --> further widing the Gap between geared and ungeared players.
    2. CC update --> making combos for some classes impossible while others can just chain their down smashes. Others cant combo since they dont have down smashes.
    3. Removing SA / FG from most classes. Classes like warrior / valk / kuno dont have any safe engage anymore to gab close to a range class. Where is the balance in this? Can someone tell me this?

They dont have any idea how to balance stuff. Its getting worse and worse per patch and we are just sitting here and got to accept their bad patches.

Wet Cake and Wormyjim like this.
  16. reconkangas

I think here that this point there is some blame to be placed at the communities feet.
    I am new here as well but have played for a year i joined the forum due to the DC issues that started a bit ago but have been involved since... there is a VERY large Body of players in BDO yet by % only a small number post here dont get me wrong its still a big number this may be the statistics that are falling on Def ears with this company as random complaining.
    The secondary numbers will be there profits tanking but again there not stupid there are still whales out there.... they are trying to negate these bad decisions with pear item updates to keep profit levels up I.E. rebirth for fairy, new cloths, terror horse available, and now look a new class for the whales to blow there money on i am guessing if profits continue to decline it will be new area as well pretty fast.

In the end all of us steady player base will be ignored for those with mommy and daddys CC giving another reason as to why there is Silence in the forums and completely ignoring our posts yet continual release as nothing has happened while players delete there equipment and quite there is others to blame those that do not come here and provide feedback.... 28 pages<--- in two day it should be 2800+ pages in 1 day flaming these guys

Ciroc likes this.
  17. C☢mplex

Thanks Pearl Abyss,

I really enjoyed playing Black Desert Online but I think I'm done.
    I'll try to remember the good bits instead of the bad.

Ciroc likes this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

changes are step in the right direction, but we should have got them together with cc patch next week.

Ogi and Typhoon like this.
  19. Wormyjim

no they are not a step in the right direction, i cannot fathom how you could have more fun like this than how it was before. no matter what class you play. I invested over 10k hours and a lot of money into a game and it has just been substituted for a different game. i never asked for changes, especially not this extreme.

so much for my final post but you triggered me.

20. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

cc/protections balancing was needed. sorry.

Chaos Ronin likes this.