1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - July 5th 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 5, 2017.

1. PrimulaRose

PrimulaRose Tamer 60 EU

Wow wtf.. That is just stupid :S Why don't they have IF statements in their code -.- It's not that hard..

2. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

Greetings!

- PA has stated that there won't be any additional change to the Karma system at the moment.

Although this doesn't mean it will never happen, we will keep sending our and your feedback to the developers. Therefore we invite you to keep sharing your opinions on the matter so we can collect enough material to be discussed.

On the other hand, there is also good news:

- PA is working on re-balancing other grind-spots after the changes on Sausan last week. These changes will also affect the amount of experience gained, increasing the efficiency on several old and new areas.
    *Currently we don't have more details about dates and which areas will be affected first, we will keep you updated about it.

This represents one of the proofs that your feedback has a real impact on the game as an active community.
    Your opinions are really important to us as long as they are constructive and of course feasible on a developer side, according to their projects and ideas for the future.

For these reasons, we invite you to keep sharing your ideas and help each other to keep our forums clean and helpful, in order to improve our game experience consistently and altogether as a big family.

Thanks for your collaboration guys, we are proud of all of you.

Have a lovely day and enjoy your epic journey on BDO!

#202 CM Yukimura, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  3. ChokxLZD™

You could do a patch that improves performance? because with my new configuration (GTX 1060-i5 7400-8 GB RAM) I lag a lot (and the same for my buddy who has a GTX 1080 and an i7 7700k)

4. Draciele

I can attest that his claim IS possible. My record with lucky/magic tools is 1600 energy spent inbetween shard acquisitions.

For the guy complaining about shards, I have some tips:

1. Try farming. On 10 farms in a full prune session I average 2-3 shards per round.

2. Try other types of gathering. Many people in my guild have noticed that they have better shard RNG in certain types, like for me, I get more butchering and the least chopping trees and skinning.

3. Only gather for what you need. If you don't need hides for instance, skinning is a waste of your time, regardless of shard amounts.

5. Snowmobil

Which areas would that be?

6. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

Currently, we don't have more details about dates and which areas will be affected first, we will keep you updated about it.

7. hispanobwolf

When are you going to put the option that we all go full penta? I know that the game is Korean, but you should turn the game into a game with the tastes of the Westerners, that is to say that we all have the same base (the base is the full penta equipment) and that we are differentiated by our jewelry, our Type of equipment, level and hands. This is what Western players want, a balanced pvp although some classes are unbalanced and the server is in poor condition. An easy way to raise the equipment to pen without removing the rng would be that once you get the tri no longer goes down again to duo, unless you kill a monster with negative karma clear this. With this is still burning money, failstack is still needed. This would make the jewelry market move much more. This would also allow players to kill monsters from Istria and Akman releasing much of the areas of Cadry, Crescent, etc. The work of the developers is not only to bring the game of korea to Europe and North America, its work is to do it to the taste of the players of that zone EU and NA.

8. marielou

I actually did not have a single complaint about this game other than burning through 1600 energy to find 0 shards, I loved pretty much everything else and bought pearls to support it regularly. Well besides my RNG from hell with gathering, the ghillie suit sort of pissed me off. If I was not buying pearls many things would piss me off, but those things are designed to piss you off until you buy pearls, which I did so it did not affect me. Like if you don't buy pets, you would get 1/5th the xp someone else gets cuz you're too busy twerking over corpses while everyone else is killing mobs.

The game would be well served with a hidden failstack type mechanic for gathering, where folks with terrible RNG build up failstacks and their chances go up. As you said yourself, burning through 1600 energy and not finding a single shard is unlikely, not impossible. The RNG is just too cruel on me, like the other dude said, 3 shards/hour consistenly, so if he was to grind trees 16 hours he'd end up with 40+ shards, i got none.

RNG isn't all bad, I get it, if something works out it's so very rewarding, ads unpredictability to a game, but on my account I'd reached a point where I knew if I burn energy around the clock i'd get nothing for it, it felt cursed.

The one time I remember RNG being on my side was the horse, first horse I got was the fastest T5 with drift, sprint and instant accel. That's it, I can't think of any other time when I got lucky with anything.

It's a great game no doubt but if RNG jesus hates you, there's very little great about it, as everything in the game is RNG.

9. Escapism

not getting any shard within 1600 gatherings of anything is not only possible, its not even that unlikely:

Repeatedeventcalculator.png
    not saying thats a high chance, but its about the same chance as succeeding a pen with ~70 stacks, most people are just completely over exaggarating their gathering income with shards, or are just indeed damn lucky.

10. marielou

Are u saying my chance of not getting one with 1600 energy spent was less than 1%? Feelsbadman. Thx for that anyway, I was wondering what the odds were.

11. HeadlessHorseman

I had a question on regards the fortune cookie advertising,it displays a nice costume on the model,is this some false advertisement? Because I don't see it anywhere in the shop or in any of the events rewards.tks

12. LordLeshil

None of this content. Who cares about this garbage. Just more catch up mechanics.

13. Jagari

Jagari Rauk EU

Dude... We get it you are salty. We all hate that the server are bad.
    It got better at least and hopefully it's going to be even better.

Stop beeing toxic by posting in EVERY damn thread. It's not going to help!

14. Lember

What is this cookie event, something for people on level 1-10 range? Those rewards are just a joke in our face, wasting a whole hour for 20 useless hunting seals? Put 200 next time at least.

15. Nomos

i will be heard, the servers have been **** for months now if they wont fix it then we need to shake the cage

Labs likes this.
  16. Labs

So please tell me why my post was delete?!?!?!

1. I quoted Nomos above statement.
    2. I said how can Asheron's Call have better servers back in 99' compared to the servers you are using today
    3. Stop pocketing the money you are making off us and put this game in a better location and on servers we deserve

Please tell me what violates your terms for my comment to be deleted?

Thinking you guys need to tell pearl to hold up on patching our version of the game and maybe give you guys help on how to set it up on better servers here.

17. Draciele

at least you got that. i got 3 serendia meals. a broken food that noone with half a brain even uses in their rotation.

18. EisFrei

I've never had a problem with the lag in-game. The only thing I've seen is when I'm searching for popular items on the MP, but with how many people that are constantly on it it's really no surprise that it is how it is. But as for regular in the game lag and instability I've never seen it. None of the problems everyone is discussing really effect me except for the MP one.

So I can't really empathize and can only look at all this as constant bashing (the comments about how terrible the staff is and how incompetent) aside from the comments that are actually productive. Maybe they are looking into the problems you mentioned and it's taking longer? How do any of you know that they're greedy scumbags without being in their shoes and working at the same pace they are? They've heard your complaints and have apparently already made the lag better (again, I've never really seen it), and instead of thanks some of you just bash them more about how they didn't completely fix it. Most of these posts are like children.

Disclaimer: Before I too get bashed, please remember I said "most" posts and people. Not everyone.

19. fwufs

eh whatever
    So are you implying this isn't good news and you're agreeing that the karma system as it is is a bad thing?

#219 fwufs, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  20. AngelloAtheross

World of Griefers Online: