1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - July 5th 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Ahhzz

So, I see you out there in Gahaz, where mobs are green and white to you, instead of Mines or Pila, chasing a Striker who's 57 and outgrinding you, and you're repeatedly attacking him, trying to get him to die to mobs, and failing. What was your point?

Wet Cake, SC0TY999 and JillValentime like this.
  2. Prince|Vegeta

Have you ever read Atheross shitposting in velia chat?

Would give you some insight on how he is as a player

JillValentime likes this.
  3. LORDZERG

You don't need much higher skill, You need a party for a whale hunt, kill the whale and gather the meat with butchering knife. Almost anytime there is a meat in the drop table.

4. N0tl0c

Thank You for the communication although it deeply depresses me.

I used to love the game and still did for a while after august as I sat back and waited to see what the game would become.
    I had some idea that PA pushes most of the changes, mostly based off their cultural back ground which doesn't fit well with our Western culture in the context of how we play and like to play our games.

I feel like this game is still dying as I see that player quality trumps quantity. I really dont wanna play a game with the newplayers coming in based off of how they act and hopefully they will quit like they usually do and this game will return to having a great community.
    The most of the Steam player will probably quit like they do with most games and hopefully it will be before the November game releases.

When I come home from work which is some times a month out in the desert, I want to work on leveling or grind some silver I dont want to deal with someone just straight trash talking me, following me around trying to take the mobs I after and just being unpleasant. I play video games to have a pleasant time not to get griefed especially by some dude that didn't reply to any party invite or good will before hand to me trying to remove him from the spot and only to get insulted and grief for being better at the game. The Karma System was always a problem with this game even when there was EXP on death. The karma system was meant to stop players from trying to drop the exp of other players. There needs to be a punishment for loosing and a cost to killing.

I dont see the game getting fixed ever, Its a lost cause. There is no reason to spend any more money on this game especially when little of my money will go into development and I dont like how they are developing the game. So since I have no other games I like to play where I can get a active community I will just ride out BDO for the next year.

I used to love BDO and be a very loyal player but I couldn't take any move of the backstabing.I could handle the little bit of P2W, even the awakening releases and exploiters along with all of the little this and broken promises but not all of these to gather. It seems like you or the devs want a high turn over playerbase instead of a very loyal one. Theres no hope for BDO at this point even though it has the best combat system Ive played and is the only reason I'm here since the rest of the games content is lacking in depth and are just boring even if they are they best way to progress.

At this point Im not even angry anymore just really sad and depressed that the game that I loved is now trashed and will most likely continue to get trashed along with not fixing. Along with there not being really great mmos like BDO on the horizon to play just kills me inside.
    I dont even want to launch BDO any more, I cringe every time I see the icon somewhere but I have nothing else to do. I dont know why PA is destroying there game or why they want to push Korean mentality onto us but at this point it doesn't matter I just wish there was another game right now I could quit to. Maybe I could play some good non MMO games when November comes around as I wait.

5. LORDZERG

@CM Yukimura
    I have a suggestion for fixing the Valencia monsters for better drop chance and make them worth to kill make them profitable then pirates and promote party play with better party zones and by fixing the way drop is distributed in the party. Deciding what drop to who will go from the party must be decided after it is picked up not before the pick up, because if you want to setup it "by turn" or "random" is not working when 1 player is with 4 pets T4or 3 and the other one is with 2 pets T1 ( half of the drop will stay on the floor)

6. WoolyDub

Can we please get a detailed Events page on the forums for what exactly Patrigio's event is? Thanks. Also, I'd really like the XP Bonus to be put on when the lag is fixed for everyone. Just looking at the Twitter poll the BDO team did this week, its abundantly apparent people are still having lag issues out there. I am one of them. Giving us an XP Boost when the game is still unplayable for many of us is bad form. I appreciate the gesture, but it's ill-timed.

N0tl0c likes this.
  7. Strator

Patrigio's Event is all about the boss gear you have a chance to buy from him. About 50% reduction in price.
    https://community.blackdesertonline...-notes-july-5th-2017.24889/page-7#post-213961

#227 Strator, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  8. N0tl0c

You have probably havent been around for a decent amount of time. The game used to be runned by Daum and they make deals with the current soon to be playerbase that this game wouldn't be like Korea,Our karma penalty would be low and start at -30k, that they didn't like P2W and it wouldn't be put in, It was going to be B2P and not a Sub game along with that when they released awakening that they would release all that were in KR to us at the same time. They also said that they made enough money just off of preorders that the servers could run for two years off of that money. In 4 months I believe Kakao bought out Daum, then they released Value packs a KR cashshop item that we believed to be close to a sub to the game and almost everyone thought we wouldn't have but now would need to keep up in the curve. Then they used the value pack as a excuse to say poor nonpaying players cant get value packs to keep up with the paying players along with that they cant get costumes and pets so around August against the entire community protesting against it the implemented selling pearl items on the market place, They did it anyway even though it isn't as P2W as it was going to be probably since everybody threatened to quit and around half of the playerbase on my server did along with around 30% of the community did chargebacks though paypal. Also when the players chargedback kakao sent them carefully word threats of suing them and getting them sent to jail.
    After the August BS they started to release awakening, but they didn't release all that they had at the same time they instead release them biweekly. Not that biweekly as in 2 a week but instead 1 every other week. Another promise broken.
    They added art memory somewhere around September which is blatantly P2W and then a week later a a player posted a sarcastic thread about since we have art mem how great it would be to add mem frag to the cashshop and a GM thought we were serious and said that that would be a great idea and they would past it up. Que the thread panicking to inform the GM that it was a sarcasm thread and that we didn't want mem frags in the cashshop.
    December happens some exploiters were exposed, should of already knew about it since it was patched in Korea but weren't going to do anything till people started freaking out and they actually banned alot of them but hey wouldn't give us a list of name because they didn't want us to witch hunt but that's bs.
    All though the beginning of the 2017 year to now there has been more lag then usual and some random BS here and there but recently it was very bad. They added took channels from old players gave it to new player and gave them rewards and such which was meh.

Recently things got really bad again with new players. They took channels away from per-existing players and gave the to steam kiddies and had the nerve to pull a fast one on us by saying that they added servers. They gave us -120k vs the 60k from before and the 30k at the beginning of the game. They wont fix the servers untill the steam kiddies complained and only half fix it. to were it is as still worse then before and at times till unplayable in PvP. They merged the Calpheon 2 chat which is home to RP with steam oliva chat so that the RPs could help them but instead just pissed the cal 2 players off since now the chat is filled with Xbox live chat about your mom. and some more thingsI cant remember right now.

Things i passed over

After kakao took over some player s found out that they planned to take all the revenue from all of there video games and put it into develpoing Korean hair salons and other online services. So all of that cashshop money beside a small % wont help develop the game so ou money is worthless in making the game better.

They replace the old PM with Jouska some dude no one liked and people doxxed him to find out he was some **** form another game, They probalby fired the other dude becasue he stood up to them about the changes.

They took away exp loss on death. which was meh. not a bad thing but not good since it started karmabombingtrend. And also sometime before August they make some guild undecable so that reinforces griefing since you cantfight them back.

The servers always had problems and were never fixxed.

Class imbalance was a thing especially after awakening and they refuse to nerf which and wiz, instead they want to buff everyone else up to there standards and buff DP. Korean are horrible at balancing.

Pretty much if you have been around you would hat Kakao and PA to a extent. I find the people who run the game to be all scumbags and so do most of the playerbase.

9. BBgone

Can they fix their returning rewards ... its not showing up and im afraid by the time they fix it I won't have the returning previlege anymore.

10. Calibix

I agree it is bad. My point was that is not only very improbable from my experience, but likely exaggerated. People make wild claims on both sides of the fence. And even if he did have that bad of a run, its certainly not the norm.
    See above to first point.

To the second, I would add don't forget NV for excess energy (I'd rather spend my energy quickly than sitting capped until my next gather session) and life skill advancement quests. Even though the quests are one time, they can help out in a pinch.

Wet Cake likes this.
  11. Smaxx

Smaxx Smaxx Maehwa EU

Uhm, no, this proves absolutely nothing. Words don't prove anything, unless your into politics (well, not even there for many). :P Prove it by putting it into an actual patch and patch notes. Just saying "we passed is on" is essentially worthless and not equal to "we do care about our community", because from my impression stuff like this might be passed on but is then ignored (as you did with previous changes the western community wasn't happy with, such as the introduction of value packs, pearl shop item trading, etc.) and the responsible ones just wait for whiteknights to flame any critiques into the ground.

I'm still angry at myself that I never did a chargeback and left the game for good last year when that BS started.

fwufs and N0tl0c like this.
  12. Wikikomoto

whats that cute red and white outfit?? its not in the shop and i NEED IT

13. Zabraxa

C'mon... stop lying already -.-

N0tl0c likes this.
  14. Ahhzz

Minor correction: 50% reduction in the upper limit of boss gear. ie, A Kzarka blade normally sells for 75% - 300% (which I believe is accurate) of the base price, during the event it will sell for 75% - 150%.

Strator and CM Yukimura like this.
  15. It is the Hanbok costume and it was available for a limited time during the Chinese new year festival, maybe it will be available again

Dulfy's gallery

Wikikomoto likes this.
  16. Wikikomoto

ITS PERFECT! oh my god, why would they use this outfit on their banner and not let us buy it?? I NEED IT

Alicemimi likes this.
  17. N0tl0c

I dint have paypal and was in the middle of a desert so I was like ill see what happens. Should of done a chargeback man. One of the reasons I still played was because I spent so much money on the game and didnt want to waste it.

18. XkiviX

Get better rewards for when I can actually return and play e e

19. Scamdalf

tamer nerf when

20. MissHarry

this lag is no fun plz fix ya all would make more money if ya just fix the lag