1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - June 21st 2017 *UPDATED on 23/06/17

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Lavrence

I welcome the Karma changes. I don't mind PvP but just killing someone because you don't fancy him begin there or begin there before you sucks. Good decision. If you wan't PvP there are alot of options instead of PK.

Ahhzz and Trouble like this.
  2. Mountain Hound

People need to stop moaning that they are getting wrecked by people that have played this game for over a year due to level gap / gear gap. Why you you all be entitled to what people that have worked for a whole year to get for "free" with all this hands holding BS. I mean I agree you should get some SOME motives to play the game but this is just stupid.

3. Mountain Hound

They got safe zones in cities for you PVE role players.

Nlshklll likes this.
  4. Nlshklll

Karma changes 100% disincentivize non-clan open world PvP. This is incredibly disappointing and detrimental to a fundamental mechanic in BDO.

Roksuu likes this.
  5. Zomby

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU KIDDING ME ????????????

Hahaha easy Karmabombing ....... REALLY ? WHY ? GM WHY ? Next patch 120.000 _> 300.000 xDDDDDDD

RIP OpenWorld PvP game

6. TannedBashar

7. Juuken

I commend Pearl Abyss for the Karma change. So long as you are against a real PvP toggle, please keep the penalties coming!

Thank you very much.

8. Julia_Sabina

Spoken like a true karma bomber.

Roksuu likes this.
  9. Bahska

This ^^ Hope you all still like the change after the weekend... its gonna be rough.

10. Mountain Hound

You can step out the city now away from the safe zone at last to explore the world?

Roksuu likes this.
  11. Skynzor

Skynzor Wizard

What about keep it at 60,000 Karma, but as addition you will gain 10% of player's wallet money? (not to be confused with bank / storage money!)
    This game is an open world PvP, but a lack of PvP-ing outside guild skirmishes is very present.

Might adress that with Pearl Abyss, this game isn't open world PvP oriented.

12. Mountain Hound

The thing is, I remember when this happened before. Now a PT of 5 is going to be griefed by level 60s over farming them stealing their mobs so they need to flag up to "try" and kill the 60.

I remember before it actually made higher levels more angry to go and do this crap LOL

Bahska likes this.
  13. urgalurg

You misunderstand - ganking is not pvp. If two players want to duke it out for a spot, that's totally fine, but when people are allowed to be bullies there's an issue. I know that karma bombing is, itself, bullying and is a side-effect of the solution to the initial problem, but, as I said, partying circumvents this entirely.

You suggested that a stronger player should be allowed to swoop in and evict a weaker player without consequence - that is "might makes right." You're right, the opposite is ridiculous, but what I'm suggesting is that people be encouraged to cooperate/share instead of being allowed to be jerks because they can hide behind the anonymity of a digital presence.

I agree, guild decs need to be fixed, but the list of things in this game that need to be fixed is so inordinately long that it's pointless to focus on the minor issues. Get your pvp fix in places where you're not harassing someone who doesn't want to be involved. And node wars are, without a doubt, open world. I've left node wars to run to town to buy pots, then returned immediately after. I've also accidentally run into active node wars I wasn't involved in, been killed (with no consequence for anyone), and then gone about my business.

Your pvp experience isn't being ruined. If you want to gank someone once in a while, you still can, you just can't do it repeatedly without repurcussions. Node wars and sieges are the single best pvp option I've ever participated in in any game, ever.

Edit: and if you don't like having to observe schedules, and want to pvp whenever you feel like it, you still have the other, less open world options

#793 urgalurg, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Ahhzz and Trouble like this.
  14. Flemish Waffle

They made the karma change to keep focus away from the potato servers burning up ( if there are any potatoes left )

Topkek company 10/10

Roksuu likes this.
  15. EMOKA

You are also free to do so. Kill all you want. No one is stopping you. Sounds to me like you're the one that feels stuff is "owed" to you and you have the only right to it.

16. Horis

**** THIS KARMA SYSTEM WHY CUCKAO DOING THIS??

17. Black_Sheep

This game isn't fun anymore, everyone just quit and stop spending time/money on this game. Don't feel like dealing with Karma griefers for the rest of BDO life :/

I don't ever post on forums but this is a really dumb change.

18. Velexia

You've lost your goddamned minds.

Azuline and TheVin like this.
  19. Mountain Hound

The siege / node wars in this game is trash compared to a few others. BDO is lucky there isn't a better MMO out there atm.

20. Firepulse

normaly id say nothing on this forum but i cant just ignore this.D:<

So, say said player worked hard and geared up. he manages to find himself a nice grindspot. Who are you, a new player, ruining the exp for both you and him, trying to take a spot you probably cant even fully use to the max potential?

Said person should have the right to defend his spot. To all veteran players you are the griefer and are probably just crying about being pked couse you cant take the grind spot. the complaining i bet comes from 90% new players feeling entitled to have anny and all good grind spots. No, you work to be able to claim that spot. BDO is a pvp game, you lose the fight over a spot, you suck it up, and look for a different spot.

Ryo likes this.