1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - June 28th 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 28, 2017.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

This event chain is planned to be released after the next maintenance.

*Please consider that this is an estimated date, therefore it may be subject to change.

Wet Cake, Ahhzz, Aribod and 1 other person like this.
  2. N0tl0c

Thank you for the communication.

3. Ahhzz

Thanks for the info :) I'm sure you guys can only pass along what you're given, appreciate the work.

Wet Cake and CM Yukimura like this.
  4. Skinmissile

Skinmissile Skinmissile Witch 57 NA

LOL who cares about KARMA hello Dec's

5. Skinmissile

Skinmissile Skinmissile Witch 57 NA

and what happened to the xp buff?

6. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

Isn't it still running?
    upload_2017-6-30_18-23-15.png

7. Snowmobil

It was just gone for a little bit. I guess because the 20% skill exp got added.

8. Yuzukaa

When will it start? this Weekend??

9. N0tl0c

will you guys have a comment on the karmabombing situation by next patch?

10. Nimre

Look at the reply

11. G473R

For those wondering about the AP "Cap" for "efficient" grinding at the new sausans area, I decided to theorycraft how this was implemented...

I noticed at first while playing there it appeared that monsters HP bars were sustaining a certain amount of damage from a hit (slightly duller color) when attacking them and then it would regen a slight bit more of their HP than what the original hit (the slighty duller bar) indicated. At first I thought this was lag and ignored it, until I started doing some testing and watching others (Twitch streamers) play and noticing the same thing.

I have a computer background (IT is what I have done for the last 13 years) and started to think of how (as a programmer) they would take into account a players AP to determine how "efficient" it would be for grinding. Logistically speaking, in terms of amount of coding and what would have to be implemented to do it, a checks and balances system of every individual character seemed like it would be a big deteriment to system resources and way more coding than doing something like what I "suspect" they may have done.

Pointing to what I mentioned above about the HP bars, it would make more sense if they modified the actual monsters coding themselves to something along these lines which would explain what I was seeing...

Either doing it via "Monster can only sustain X amount of damage (which is capped) per hit/attack per character". We know damage numbers can be displayed in game because they forgot to disable their display during the Striker stream they did not to long ago with the new Suasans area. And the game computes and handles all the data in the code anyways, they just have no way for players to be able to display this (probably to keep the unknowns unknown so we can't gather more info to attempt to min/max with gear, which would have potential detriments to the marketplace and certain items/usage of those items in game if we did know). So if your damage hit meets or exceeds X, it's capped. Would explain why you see the HP bar dip to a certain amount then the HP goes back up to another value after the hit.

Or via a "Monster can only sustain X amount of damage (capped) over a set amount of time (whatever that may be, 1 second, half a second? who knows)".

This would allow for a simple, small easy coding change that effects a small amount of variables concerned directly to objects (monsters) already in the game, rather than having to take into account individually verifying or calculating statistical data for every single player in the game.

If you would like to test this theory, put on 180 AP, use a skill against one of the monsters and take notice of their HP bar. Then do the same thing and increase only your AP (not other variables like accessories that have additional AP and accuracy on them, only up your direct AP) and watch the monster HP bar. See if it gets, what I would called limited, the way I described above (watching for color changes/HP regenerated in the bars). Test it in a group as well and see. If you are grinding the mobs faster in a group (because of this AP "cap") then it would likely point that the monsters can only sustain a certain amount of damage per hit/attack per individual player rather than an over time basis. This would effectively "cap" a players grinding ability to a certain extent (the term they keep using is: optimal AP). So effectively increasing your AP to higher than 180 would account for not doing more than the max damage allowed to a monster at a certain interval (per hit/attack basis presumably). And they also say that anyone below the 100-180AP range will experience decreased rates. There would have to be no coding or changes done for this to make sense, as having lower AP just means you're doing hardly any damage to the monsters (which means these monsters have static defensive variables set for them, as I'm sure, do all monsters in game) hence in regular speaking terms, You ain't gonna do enough damage to make it worth grinding here.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this go ahead and post it up as well. This is just theorycrafting so what anyone says (including me) may be right or wrong, but trying to figure it out logically kinda helps give everyone an idea of how this may work since I see a lot of people asking "What if I have X amount of AP and How does this work?" in the forums.

12. Puckey

As the new players roll out of olvia time, Daum will transition olvia servers into regular servers; they've already said they're going to do that for the steam olvia servers. All in all, I think not much change- except likely a need for them to better show us how crowded any given server is so's we can make better decisions about which ones to try for a free grind spot or imperial turn-ins on.

Secondly, they won't retain those 80k players. I'd guess that mebby 25% of them will stick around past 2 or 3 months of play, and if there are central database servers that everything hangs off of, things will improve as those short-timers drop off.

13. N0tl0c

Yeah we all now that a lot of the new players wont stick around. I would keep the game around for a while. Hopefully they stop being asses and work on community relations after the new player surges dies down.

14. Ludakriss

I deeply like your brain. Which enabled you to write the words you wrote.

15. Ranchy

Kuno? We have enough female classes which gets love... No need for Kuno x)

16. Ardexus

This is madness...
    ... but at first I want to apologise for my broken english, i could write and spell better years ago, but today im a mess inside and quite outside.
    But please hear me out, because i think that problem have touch not only me but quite a number of ppl around.
    In a Year 20016, early March, (actually i started at 2nd march 2016) but at first i didnt take the graphic settings and FPS into consideration because of the fresh game start there was just 3 cities around if i remeber correctly, well there was no mediah, valencia etc.
    But, once i have learn the mechanics of the game ive started to run it from Hight to Very gight options and didnt find a difference between very high and high end mode.
    Anyway i used to play on my ASUS Laptop with 8GB of ram, i5 3,2 GHz CPU and GTX 950m 4GB Graphic card on board, so these settings were quite amazing for well.. that time it was quite a laptop and for me - expensive one.
    in the December 2016 ive decide to put an end for gamming wich took grin and money farming pvp node wars etc, i have left one of top PVP guilds because i was unable to play... why ??? because on High setts and even MEdium Settings i had 15 FPS and with Full Optimisation Mode and 10% Cropping and Upscale option i had around 30 FPS and 5-10 around crowd places or boss raids.
    That made me to set a hard decision, Because This game is 2nd one that i have fallen in deep love (the 1st was Lineage 2), i have made a decision to sell out all my current equipment, collect the money, re-start Life skilling for passive money income and hunt Auction House For Boss gear while these FPS were nothing to interrupt cooking , processing or even meat gathering.
    With the end of december i made another decision to collect real life money for a new machine, this time almost high end RIG.
    And it bacome my dream, witch is now true and im very amazed of its power witch is not yet overclocked.
    Its Power is 10 times to 15 times faster than my previous laptop.

When i first instaled BDO on it it has around 130 - 144 FPS with High End Mode, no bottle neck effect, no freeze, nor fps drops everywhere i were, except boss runs cuz im now full Boss gear user and there is only enchantment that lacks and next would be Tri and Tet taking consideration with all of my current gear.
    But today is July 2017, and i run my New RIG with the end of March 2017... And what have you done to this game Dear Devs ??
    The game settings are now V. High to High End with around 60 - 80 FPS In Town

Is the History of the game goes to repeat itselve ?? do i get the point to have around 30 FPS with optimisation mode ?
    Because Each time you make an Update i have around 10FPS drop and Havy lag with DC around 15 minutes after login to max 2 hours, AFK Processing or AFK cooking is now a hell, insteed of making 10 000 things im doing around 1k - 3k max because DC everywhere...
    May i know what are you doing with updates ?! I have Even Forced the game to run 144 FPS because it was always Setting my Monitor (Benq Zowie 144hz refresh rate) to max 60 Hz.. now i have broken that wall and everything was very smooth... even the node war was like a LoTR Move scene with war... no now its not... Why is that ?? LoL, HoTS, WoW, BnS, BF1, CoDWW2, Andromeda, and Overwatch have run with high end settings with stable 120 - up to 144hz with beautifull optio FPS lock witch is missing in BDO...

I think is the Game Engine that doesnt like new things instaled on your server, or its too havy for it or you did soemthing awefull to it.
    Anyway The costs of New rig took my full 4 month Sallary... so you know... if it goes as it is ill quit the game because if it continue to be like this it will be unplayable in the near future.

P.S. I have Tested Korean Version
    Stable 120 - 144 Everywhere
    Kzarka, Karanda 40 - 60 FPS.

P.S.S
    If there is someone that could Fix my Engkish with this ill love it because i belive its hard to read as it is now and might hurt someone while reading

I dont Want My Gamming to end.

With Best Regards,
    - Varcan
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CPU: i5 7600k 4,5 GHz x4
    GPU : MSI GTX 1070 QC
    RAM: HX Predator 3000hz 2x 8GB DDR4
    MBO: MSI z270 Tomahawk Arctic
    SSD: Samsung 500GB - 545MB R /535MB W
    HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7800 RPM

17. Nilili

Oh no... hope it gets fixed soon

18. Anthama

• Patrigio’s Secret Shop Sale Event

when?

19. Eliandal

After next maintenance.

His prices really need to be rebalanced more than a "secret sale" Most of them are now so far out of whack

Anthama likes this.
  20. RelaxitsaGame

I see a lot of unreasonable people, "will the lag be gone", lag will never be gone from any game, you can not totally fix lag issues 100%, very unrealistic view points by many people.