1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - June 7th 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Aethon, Jun 7, 2017.

1. CommentaryMalik

To all "p2w" thinkers, there is no pay to win. The only thing you buy with money is clothes and pets. Your not winning the game by buying those fancy pets that can pick up items for you. Just pick it up, I understand that some of you are lazy. Some of the pets give you a change of extra materials WOW SO SPECIAL. Calm down with your p2w spam on the forums. First of all, extra materials isn't so special. Second of all, everyone who says this game is p2w is a complete scumbag

BioticXplosion and Kirkmaximus like this.
  2. CommentaryMalik

Shut up

3. Lyvectra

Feel free to correct my math and my assumptions, but here's how I determined if the hedgehog provided any significant boost:

Assumptions:
    Base amount (min) = 1
    Base amount (max) = 4
    Proc Chance (worst, T1) = .15 (https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/6ftht6/hedgehog_op/)
    Proc Chance (best, T4) = .28
    Proc amount (min) = 1
    Proc amount (max) = 4

Calculations:
    Average base amt = (1+4)/2 = 2.5
    Average proc amt = (1+4)/2 = 2.5
    Average amount gathered per attempt (Tier 1 hedgehog) = 2.5+.15*2.5 = 2.875
    Average amount gathered per attempt (Tier 4 hedgehog) = 2.5+.28*2.5 = 3.2

Conclusions:
    No Hedgehog: 2.5 materials per gather.
    With T1 Hedgehog: 2.875 materials per gather.
    With T4 Hedgehog: 3.2 materials per gather.

Do with that what you will.

#263 Lyvectra, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    etazero likes this.
  4. etazero

etazero Ranger 57 NA

5. Calicoe

Calicoe Witch 59 NA

You can have more than 4 pets in the storage, you just can't have more than 4 "out" at one time.

6. WeylandYutani

So Sorceres Bern Outfit removed 1 Day before i could afford to buy it ? Thanks, i thought putting my Money into this Game guess will not happen then, great move. So make it avaible please even if only for a few Days but not wait Weeks and Months for it, i want to play now without wearing a Sack and i wont buy any other Outfit because they all look bad.

#266 WeylandYutani, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  7. DAOWAce

Why did this game go so downhill..

8. Uglydave

U know the steam servers were prob slow so they decided to shut them all down to repair the problem, next will be 2 hours of maint to feed the hampsters and clean the cages

9. Guile

The "For the Weary Workers" change seems to have broken the quest. The quest is given out by Sugarsh now, but you have to turn the elixirs in to Epil Tanbu still. When you do, it does not register the turn in and quest can not be completed. Not sure if It was meant to be turned in to Sugarsh in this change, but if not should probably add in the quest info that Epil Tanbu doesn't spawn till night for the new players.

10. Estrosiah

How do u know the hedgehog is giving better drop rate? Its not mentioned in the description.

Nvm found it in the box desciption

#270 Estrosiah, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  11. Virukin

All of you need to git gud and roll wizard like steamers. Come grief grind at sausan plz

12. XILEDWhiteMage

Did somebody say maids?

Attached Files:

13. XILEDWhiteMage

Cancer change is cancer bring back the epheria cargo ship for transport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #Triggered

14. Daita

why are you all fighting over what the hedgehog does. if you dont like it get a silver life skill outfit at +2, a magic tool, and a meal. congrats you can now gather trees at 2.5 seconds instead of the normal 15, and get about 1.5 - 2x more on average.
    the main issue right now though is the server issues, the lag spikes, the market place stop action film, bla bla bla....

BioticXplosion likes this.
  15. JillValentime

FIX THE LAGS ! ITS INSANE !

16. Remyra

? ? ? people were already doing that before, this is what the hedgehog does alone

17. BioticXplosion

BioticXplosion Dovahkiinn

all of the above but you forgot to mention that I am a typing cat too lol

ok I can understand that part but then why call everything P2W that those people don't like
    since a pet that picks up some items is is hardly letting you win anything
    so ya there's also things I don't like that much but not going running around saying it is P2W and hoping that some dev is reading it and thinking this is something we need to address
    first it was the value pack now a pet what's it going to be next

same thing with new class / character realeased if it's a female class like Dark Knight everyone has an issue that it is gender locked
    and well recent when the Striker was added almost no one had a issue with it being gender locked
    me personally I don't have an problem with gender locked classes and if I did I was not going to play this game
    and the weirdest part of it is People know / at least heard that BDO has gender locked classes , can be very grindy, lots of RNG stuff
    and still they start playing it and then start complaining about it
    if you don't like these kind of games then don't , play them ... i'm not going to play COD and then star complaining about how it's just FPS game
    I don't like COD so I won't play it
    and sorry but that's what is starting to annoy me in these forums and sort of triggered my response
    all these people seemingly playing a game the don't like and complaining about things they knew that were there
    sorry I went off a bit topic here but I just had to say this

maybe I don't care about a pet because I'm not trying to compete with any one , not in a guild, not doing any PVP, but just having fun roaming around the world doing what ever I want sometimes with friends sometimes solo maybe going to join a guild and o some PVP some day
    but it's not high on my list to do and as it stands I would not be a match for any one as the gear I have is barely levelled at all at lvl 56 with 1 character and my second is aroud lvl 40 or so all the others are much lower
    not even created a striker yet (maybe never as it doesn't seem to interesting to me)

I don't know if you can trade the other stuff that's in it someone

ok I can understand that you don't want to pay $44 for an $11 pet but that still doesn't explain why it's P2W still don't see that
    apparently it's not P2W if it was only $11 since you would buy it, how's that not weird logic

#277 BioticXplosion, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  18. Jeynar

Okay, how is getting (look at the screenshot in the post above yours) more materials per energy/tool durability for paying for a 'convenience' *NOT* pay to win?

Open wallet, get more stuff. Can you get a stricter definition of p2w than that? What does it take?

19. MarbasHelsing

Hm... Exciting OuO

20. CresentChaos

Cause with a T4 Hedge pet i can see how it can scratch the P2W label.

Actually a lot, the game bores me if i play alone.

Sadly I can see that happening... damn kashcow :C

P2W for 88%-95% of people(gamers) would be buying a PEN ITEMS from the Cash Shop or something that gives you a huge ****ing edge against others.

getting a few extra resources doesn't give you even a competitive edge on others unless that resource was Boss Auras and ****... Now if it was a pet that guarantees 500% more yield + half the energy consumption then that would be a different story.