1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch Notes - May 31st 2017 - *Updated

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by CM Aethon, May 31, 2017.

1. easay9

giving all classes a role when

nerfing wiz/witch/dk/warrior when???

fix crappy servers when

Make pvp enjoyable again when???

2. Jakoby4204

Wow, where to begin. You didn't merge forum information into your new forum. You removed servers to cause this god awful lag, you removed the only real gift you gave us that made this game somewhat manageable and a bit less P2W...

WTF are you guys doing? It's not enough you got an enormous steam fan base now? Good job on merging servers to... I actually called this was going to happen the second you moved us to one server. Stellar product management Kakao, real stellar. Redefining the word amateur and taking it to a whole new level.

3. ODB3698

If by role, you mean a useful and desirable unique contribution to a group, then I agree with this 100%. Not looking for a tank/healer/dps set up ever again though.

4. -Mordechai-

FIX DISCONNECT SCREEN WHEN????????????
    GIVE US BACK LOYALTIES WHEN?
    FIX WINDOWED MODE WHEN?
    LEARN TO PROGRAM WHEN?

#324 -Mordechai-, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  5. -Mordechai-

I'm calling bullshiiit on that. It's been the same for it's existence, now loyalties are gone and replaced with black stone bundles( which by the way are currently dropping for the event, wait make that two events) and we are supposed to believe that garbage???? WTF EVER you guys should go back to the unemployment line because you absolutely suck at your job.

Jeynar and ODB3698 like this.
  6. MissHarry

plz fix the lag on the next patch it is really getting bad PLZ

7. HikarinoOu

Dear Mods and Administrator of Black Desert please fix the Lag and sudden Disconnection shutdown from the game when i have to take a shower and come back the game has closed itself and said i was disconnected when my internet connection is still working fine. And please add the Loyality back to the Black Spirit Adventure mini Board game it was seriously one of the best ones i've seen i'm a New player that trys to be engaged with this Game but if this Game has poor Advice and Dumb decisions of changes except wise ones in a righteous way people should be finally righteous i can't hope for much in this games future since this game is Fast paced and really beautiful and different and don't end up like Nexons Company did with Riders of Icarus and so much more Please i've paid much enough for this game because i had Fate and reading now everything here makes me think again what i did may have done wrong once again because many MMORPG companys Tend to abuse the players Wallet how they please this is a clarification and maybe even a Fact many times seen in almost each Game that offers Multiplayer Enjoyment i wish a Greater Decision from this game in near Future Thank you and apologize my grammar and punctation which i didn't used this much thanks if anyone with a Mind and righteous heart reads this and understand how things are gonna end I wish not a End to this beautiful game since Countless dozens of dissapointment i had to cruely face on each time i tried to enjoy something
    this is a serious big issue which won't end if peoples don't think or do care Take care everyone and Thanks for Reading and understanding

8. DrJeckel

"The true BDO player experience"

Player: When are you going to fix the countless bugs in the game?
    KashKao: We added a new class for you to play and a costume for it!
    Player: ...but we would like more places to grind, when is the new area coming out?
    KashKao: We are adding Steam players to our game!
    Player: ...great, more people to compete with over the ever shrinking spaces to endlessly grind :-/, servers are already overburdened on weekends and now you're adding more players? Are we getting new servers?
    KashKao: We added more stuff to the Pearl Shop, Take a look! (some stupid message that takes up most of the screen pops up in your face at the most inappropriate time)
    Player: ok, I'm level 56 on this new class and the events been over for a month now, when is the awakening going to be available?
    KashKao: Did you get the outfit for the new class yet? They are still selling well!
    Player: Wow, really? Ok, when are announcements (with dates) for new content going to start happening?
    KashKao: Here's a 20% coupon, we added a box to make swapping gear and costumes easier. Speaking of costumes, did you get yours yet? Here's a 20% coupon for your outfit, please buy one!
    Player: fine! Can't get one off the market because it seems to be some money laundering scam with botting. I need to protect my items from excessive wear and even though 10% of 0 experience is still 0, I'll buy the damn outfit because it makes me feel like I'm getting something in return for an overpriced in game item.
    KashKao: Surprise! We are launching the awakening for that character with the new awakening outfit that reduces wear on your new weapon, please buy it!
    Player: WHAT?!? I just bought this outfit yesterday, can I get a coupon?
    KashKao: check out the other recirculated outfits we just added to the pearl shop! They don't look as cool as the previous version but buy it anyway!
    Player: Grrrr....why do your event boxes seem to be rigged to drop the same few items over and over again? Why did you remove loyalties from this event halfway through it?
    KashKao: We have a new event this week! More loot boxes...Enjoy!
    Player: AAAAAHHHHH!!!! The loot from these boxes are even worse than the last event! Why can I never get gold items from these boxes, other players seem to?!? You would think that after like 50 freakin events, I would get something worth keeping.
    KashKao: Buy more pearl, luck git gud!
    Player: WTH!?! I can't even get the item I want from the market because of these damn bid botters and a broken market system. When is this going to be fixed? Or, when is it going to actually drop from the boss that it should come from? I must have killed him like 200 times now.
    KashKao: We added a quick link window to the market place! Buy more pearl, luck git real gud this time!
    Player: Outstanding!...something else to cause problems with the market place. The lag and bugs are making this game unplayable, we want answers!
    KashKao: *radio silence
    Player: *gets fed up with the lack of real answers and the obvious money grab and stops playing or at the very least stops putting money in to the game then eventually... there is no game!

This isn't really that funny seeing as though it seems to be the sad state of this game, like being on a sinking ship and the captain has already taken the last life boat to shore with everyone's money. This game has so much potential to be great and has fixed a lot of the problems that plagued other mmos in to non existence. Looks like what we have here is a Cash Machine not interested in the community at all doing the same thing.
    Proposed Business Plan for the rest of 2017
    -Fix the bugs that the community has reported over and over again before coming out with more content that in turn adds more bugs
    -when new content is going to be released, give it a release date!
    -allow your CSR's to give actual answers to the community about ongoing issues
    -make event items more diverse and meaningful...here's a thought...stop rigging the boxes with loot weights and maybe reduce the amount of boxes to offset players getting higher quality items (mostly accessories that are going to blow up anyway). Take out the freakin low end consumable items (single black stones, elixirs, crappy black magic crystals)
    -add more in game support to catch cheaters, hackers, toxic community members while they are creating the problems. A lack of GM presence or consequences for the bad behavior in this game allows it to continue and get progressively worse each day.
    -IMPROVE YOUR SERVERS IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADD A WHOLE NEW GROUP OF PLAYERS! The animosity that the Steam Players have been shown by existing players, though childish, is out of frustration for your lack of preparation! Makes you wonder, how many of these new "whales" will stay with the lag as bad as it is?
    -Make business decisions with your customer in mind! Stop being so damn greedy! Your prices are already too high for items that are only pixels in a game, where is all that money going?

One closing question... Do you people actually play the crap you are shoveling our way? I would think not or these problems would have been addressed long ago!

Jeynar and Alterand like this.
  9. Candles

^ Did anyone actually read that?

Need a TL;DR

Ms_IU likes this.
  10. Draconnix

Everything in this game is hardcoded, it's really easier to rewrite it than no fix it.

11. NVG

NVG Ninja 60 EU

Kakao, you are starting to become shitty!

So many delays in maintenance, extra maintenance, so much lag following the release of Steam and yet there is no compensation. Still no Kamasylve region.

It would suck for you if we'd respond with the same attitude and not pay a dime for your pearls anymore because the quality of your service is becoming deplorable. Instead of investing in designing new pearl furniture every week, invest in getting better hardware.

The furniture does exactly the same thing, it's nothing new since last year. Why you insist on releasing new one every week? I want compensation for delays and lags!!!

Just think about it!

12. Alterand

It was written as dialog between KASHKOW and us the everyday player. It depicts the shell game that they shuffle toward the player and the hidden bs they shovel at us to try to distract from ongoing issues within the game. You complain they at more items for people to want to attain from the pearl shop hence making them more money. Instead they could use that money to provide better servers etc. . Basically as in the shell game they have us look over here while they do something over there and empty the players pockets. It is also about the lack of communication between a provider and a customer base. I find the depiction to be actually very accurate with the current status of the game. A cash grab with influx of Steam players and the pretty much back to back release of two new classes and having them wait for awakenings. Think about how many of the Striker outfits sold and now when awakening does release they will grab money again. So read the post again and look at it's intended meaning and not just the words.

13. Ahhzz

Really like how you guys show your appreciation for the players when you have to take the game down for unscheduled maintenance....

14. Kaiserx

Unfortunately it's a Asian way of hardcoding everything into a game, yes it's sometimes efficient in reducing the amount of work needed in some ways, but a unorganized code results in a badly developed code.

Hardcoding a entire game is best if the game is small, but if you are ambitious you'd have to organize and plan your code so future contents doesn't displace it and create bugs.

A problem with today's developers is that they think of today, and their plan for the future content is constantly changing by the demands to 'see' new content. Developers hasn't really changed much of their mindset of how to proper 'go about' developing, releasing, and supporting a game, not simply developing a game.

15. WeylandYutani

removed

#335 WeylandYutani, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  16. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PATCH NOTES PogChamp Awesome

17. Jeynar

Months back one or two CMs/GMs admitted to playing the game, although casually and mostly for exploring.

It's safe to say that the CMs/GMs don't play the same game the rest of us play. And given that the dev interview was mostly about exploring and fishing too, I think it's safe to say the same for them.

18. Jeynar

No you don't.

It was a pretty good story of what actually happens every wednesday, it's worth the read.

19. Jeynar

Starting? O_o

20. MarbasHelsing

Yay I'm happy on this OuO