1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch sucks. World Raid Bosses disappear after 15 minutes if not 70% life drop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Hadewych1234, Jan 3, 2018.

1. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

i vow to afk fish, process,harpoon and expect nothing from BDO....
    mmos are not for me :)

2. Hamashiach

Change implemented to BDO, it is bad, who could ever have seen this coming?

3. Ruiqicn

Just got out of 2 kutum fights and thanks to the 15m disappear now its the channel is either over flooded by players or have no players fighting it at all. As a poorly geared player who is reliant on hitting the boss long enough to at least get some aura this is really bad. I would usually go to a channel that the train would eventually get to and hit the boss long enough to build up my damage done. I can't do that now because Kutum is either murdered instantly or no one fighting it and despawns. 2 in a row and I didn't get squat which has never happened before until now because I am forced into going to a channel with large numbers of players that drops kutums hp to near death before I even had a chance to run into the cave.

At this rate, I will be reliant on the night market to ever have a chance kutum.

4. DAOWAce

Yeah this is absolutely disgusting.

[​IMG]

Practically 70% and it despawned.

A flat 15 minute window now based on health, when it used to be half an hour & infinite spawn if it was aggroed to reset the timer.

This change is horrible for Kutum/Nouver. Now we're going to have to CC to specific popular channels on a boss alt to even have a chance at a kill. Did you recently CC before it spawned? Welp, you're screwed. Do you not have a boss alt parked there at the moment and need to run? You're screwed.

What's the point of higher chance for loot if it's going to despawn mid fight?

This needs to reverted ASAP.

#24 DAOWAce, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Arisha, TarkusBlack, thejr and 2 others like this.
  5. punkie

Reminder: It's for all world bosses, that means people who play in the early mornings NA time could get hammered on Karanda/Kzarka kills as well.

Ruiqicn likes this.
  6. Gravemind

Just git gud and do more damage.
    Make some friends.

7. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

This is exactly what I was expecting to see here... Good job devs....... :|

8. Escapism

Instead of making all players gather on the same 2-3 channels and hop from those to get multiple kills, in which always the exact same best geared players get the best loot, or any loot at all, players are now finally encouraged to just stay on their whatever channels to kill bosses and much more players have more equal chances to loot or even get in the top dps tiers when more players are split out.

Excellent change, i wished for this since more than 1.5 years, its also obvious why some nolifers and active 24/7 boss hunters in full tri/tet bossgear are so hard against it, seeing as there are players who got dozens of boss boxes per month.

They already destroyed the nouver trains some patches ago when they made him despawn if unengaged, this was just the next obvious step.

ronniejw and seanas like this.
  9. Jazz2k

10. Ruiqicn

Just did the second Kutum spawn since the patch. There are now players straight up lying about Kutum's HP either to troll players or get people on their channel.

My case was Calpheon 3 when someone was shouting it was around 80% hp and I thought we can get it down to 70 if enough people pitch in. I switched to the channel and found a kutum at about 90%+ hp with only 4 people hitting it and after smacking it around for another 5 minutes it despawned.

This is horrible I can't even get a single kutum kill anymore. It's either Velia where it gets flooded by players with better gear than me and knocking me off the loot table or channels that straight up have not enough player and despawns after 15 minutes of hard work.

This new patch is stupid and its driving players into the velia channels than fighting the boss on their own server. 50% box increase? HA! How can I get a box if I cant even FREAKING KILL THE BOSS BEFORE IT DESPAWNS!!!!

11. LightningFFXIII-4

I think the only way to get those world boss drops now (aside from Night Vendor/Marketplace/Shakatu Seals/Event rewards) is to:

1.) Park your main at the world boss spawn site as it's window opens.
    2.) Make sure your at Velia 4 since most trains start there.
    3.) Login to your alt and afk fish/process. Make sure your logged on to the BDO world boss discord so you'll see the popups.
    4.) When the world boss pops, switch back to your main.

12. Blademaster1215

Blademaster1215 DuPointe Ranger 62 NA

No it won't. It just encourages more people to group up so they do enough damage to avoid the boss despawning on them. Small groups of people won't be able to chip 30% of a boss in 15 minutes.

13. Randodom

Randodom Kunoichi 49 EU

Haha sure

14. LightningFFXIII-4

Killed Kzarka twice in under 8mins (velia 4 and velia 5), there were so many ppl at Kzarka, he was already at 40% 2 mins after BDO discord notification lol.

15. iller

Boss Trains were a legitimate Playstyle just as much as Gathering or Grinding or Rifting was.

Just b/c I didn't do it and it was boring to the self anointed Forum-Elite here doesn't mean it needed to be stripped out of the CONTENT.
    Removing working & SOCIAL multiplayer Content from a game should never be a cause for celebration

Redarion, punkie and Boink like this.
  16. DAOWAce

Karanda despawned on multiple channels this morning (~7AM EST).

I've never seen her despawn. She's always dead within 10 minutes of spawn, like Kzarka.

And here I thought this issue only affected Kutum/Nouver..

17. Lorskie

How's the boss timer now? I haven't played for a while but are they still random after a certain amount of time or is it exactly 12-xxx hours now?

18. Ov3r

Like many other feature that were not well thought before implementation.

19. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Wrong. Now EVERYONE that wants to do bosses will sit on the exact same channel and then switch to one other. Then all players have CD and the boss will most likely despawn on most other channels (outside of prime time). Ive even seen Karandas on dead channels that were above 80% health for over 15min on a saturday afternoon. But please, try to spread out and take some unpopulated channel. Then come back and tell us how successful you were.
    By the way, their changes to the drop (80% of people got equal chance) even further encourages people to focus on one channels.

punkie likes this.
  20. Spartakatz

unlike everything else you mention, boss trains are only possible at times where most people work or sleep. what's wrong with you nolifers that you already existing advantage of 1000% by playing 10x more is not enough anymore, you also want 20x more boss drops?

now you will get a feeling how "normal" people experience those bosses. one, maybe two max, that's it.