1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Nov 1, 2017.

1. GM Horizon

Project Manager

Greetings adventurers,

Threads related to patching issues will be merged to this one for archiving purposes.

General troubleshooting assistance for file corruption during downloads:
    • From Start, search for cmd.
    • Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
    • Use the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
    • Next, use: netsh int ip reset
    • Finally, use: netsh winsock reset
    • Restart your computer and try again.

For .PAP file issues:
    • Delete your version.dat file in your game installation directory.
    • Delete any .PAP file that might be located in there.

2. Narakaze

i have been playing this game for months, and it's awesome and i haven't had any problems with it, until after September, from September and afterwards i have had constant .Pap errors popping up every single patch, Meaning every single weak i have to deal with this error, it's getting super frustrating to be honest, please help us fix it, i really really need help with this, it's killing our time, it takes me 2 days to fix this error and get on to play with my friends, then 5 days afterwards i have to deal with it all over again, i have used all the types of fixes posted on the internet and forums and guides, nothing is fixing this type of error permanently, it must be an error caused by your servers or something, please help us...

3. Narakaze

i have deleted version.dat and .pap more than once and did file checking each time, nothing is working.

4. Amapola

Same, ever since Kama patch I have been facing the same errors every single week, its so annoying, basically I can't play on Wednesdays because of this issue, and by the way, deleting the version.dat file makes you download a huge amount of data that will take you a lot of time so it's even more frustrating! FIX THIS ALREADY!

Cuyahoga and TeraPatrick like this.
  5. TeraPatrick

I just posted in a different thread commenting on this. I stupidly planned on playing today, but got PAP error which I honestly expect at this point, after getting these errors every Wednesday for an entire year basically. Now I'm waiting on a 36GB download.

How after an entire year have the devs not figured out a way that we don't have to consistently delete ****, flush ****, restart **** to play this game?

I'm losing my patience for all of this **** MAN

Eirharne, Dakota62 and TuckerLT like this.
  6. Taverescu

Same goes for me. please fix it

7. Timaus

Another Patch , Another ERROR as always, I have deleted PAP files in my folder and deleted VERSION.DAT file, it checked files and still got the error..........what a surprise

Attached Files:

8. Taverescu

i am not going to download another 40gb, i have limited internet. this must end or i quit the game while i am still a new player and have not spent to much money . it sucks

Cuyahoga likes this.
  9. DoctorPug

Seconding this. Im sick of having a problem patching every single time now since the Kama update. With my terrible internet speed only letting me do .05mb/sec, this is torture.

10. Azaleny

The funny thing is when ppl send tickets, they say that its almost our fault that this problems occur its really frustrating :/

IGlitter and Garryfre like this.
  11. Amapola

Same, I need to download 39GB of data at 0.90MB/S speed, 10 hours of waiting untill patching is complete... This is ********, what kind of trash game has such errors patching their client every week ffs?

taylos likes this.
  12. GrandBlue

Second week with the error of .PAP , did try the same as last week, didnt work and surprise last week either!
    On top of that its the same solution every week, i dont know what to do anymore.

Dakota62 likes this.
  13. Garryfre

Patching this game is like rebuilding a car and because of one stripped bolt anywhere you are forced to throw away the entire car and start all over again.

Rettenjo, Dakota62 and IGlitter like this.
  14. Garryfre

I just successfully patched first try in weeks. It appears my culprit was CyberReason, an anti Ransomware. Otherwise, CyberReason seems to be good.

15. Timaus

Issue still not fixed here, running a check files for 3rd time now. no signs of GM either

16. Dworkin Barimen

[​IMG]

But no BDO is currently checking with 7mb/s....after getting File Corrupted error earlier when i tried to DL the patch ....I am not using router my cable is coming from my provider box directly into my PC...Are you joking with EAST EU KAKAO ?

17. Azaleny

GUYS DONT REMOVE VERSION.DAT THE FIRST TIME THE CORRUPT FILES ERROR SHOWS, this will only cause more problems. If none PAP. files are left on your directory simply start the patch again and hopefully it will go trought. You have to get to the "checkpoint" so to say, becouse it is posible that the file comes corrupted again, but if you get to this "checkpoint" it will resume the download not from the start, but from a more advanced stage, and you will have a chance to patch correctly.

PD: This absolutely unacceptable.

Daneya likes this.
  18. Dworkin Barimen

Question is when will they finaly repair the corrupted files and stop sending them to us ?????!?!?!?!?!?!

19. Azaleny

They keep saying that the problem comes from the players end on the tickets soo...

20. Dworkin Barimen

EPIC :)zzz.Yep yep is our fault ,to keep believing in them ......

CallMyDad and GrandBlue like this.