1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PM Horizon, Nov 1, 2017.

1. HadaBabyEatsaBoy

what is with this version.dat fire. OMG my problems have been going on for weeks now. every patch my I have to try ever option possible to make this game work again. My version.dat file on corrupt file and repatch installs in the folder for 2 seconds at 99-100% then disappears. I've got the game to work by quickly copy and saving it. This update last night I can't even do that. I have literally done every possible thing that I can think of and what tech support has told me. Other than buying a new PC or just quitting this game after all the time I have invested so far. Tech support is horrible it takes the days to respond. Like what am I doing with my life I'm even dealing with this BS. If the game wasn't so good I would have quit already

2. Julohr

Get refunds

3. HadaBabyEatsaBoy

yea right like they would give a refund. wouldn't even bother asking. Two hours a steam play from steam version yes but BDO not steam would never give a refund.

4. Julohr

Thats bad for you then.

5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

If you are a steam user, use the check file.integrity function in steam

6. Markc215

same problem, I send a ticket, Looks like GM disappear again, didn't get any reply.

7. Tuuvian

Getting Windows error of Patcher stopped working, not the patch specific error with an error code.

I had the same issue the previous patch and had to basically delete everything and download after a few days of trying and finally giving up.

I am now having the same issue and deleted the latest dated .pap file and version.dat which initiated a significant download. It will not now go past 11-12% before it crashes with the same error. At least some improvement as before the patch size was much larger, now it is only 196.88mb, and it was crashing at 32%.

I have looked into what appears to be log files but the ones i found appear to stop loging after the patch is started which is somewhat useless for my situation.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks.

8. YunaSafferd

[02/14/2018::13:01:57] [MSG] patch file Apply error. F:\BlackDesert Online\654.PAP code = 31

9. Karnstein

Another patch another error, can't pass 65% what so ever. Please fix your god damn launcher.

10. Alby Shadowblade

Started todays patch got to 70 percent and got "Corrupted file detected. Please restart launcher to start file repair" Upon restarting launcher i get error code 12006

Tried to start the file repair through the cog wheel in the launcher but it was grayed out Also tried the delete version.dat workaround but there was no version.dat

I also did the GM's recommended fixes of flushing dns and resetting ip through cmd as administrator but still get the same error

Did a fresh install and I get the same error

11. fodamor

I already tried everything I could found on the internet trying to solve the installation and updating issues from this game. Their client it's a JOKE and a really bad one. Client update stops working and no matter what you do never can get it to work again.

Uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, same error. 50gb of download over and over for nothing, just wasted my time and my health with so much stress trying to fix this ****ing game.

The game is good and fun to play, but this GARBAGE updater and client are a ****ing joke.

Tired of poor support, no help at all from the developers. JOKE!!!

12. Karnstein

.pap error over and over again. Kakao fix your ****ing launcher, a year ago i had no problem patching the game, i begins to get .pap error right after you guys changed the launcher! do something, let us download the patch from some other place and install it manually

13. REdaccs

Apparently v679 is about 1.7 GB got mine pass this on 3rd try, then its crash, but v680 is 280mb.

14. Seletzia

I'm having issues with the download speeds. It starts at 0.5mbps then starts slowing down, goes down and it reaches the point it isnt downloading anything at all.

15. Krakrakru

I've been trying to update the game but the message "An error occured while downloading the file : 679.PAP" keeps coming up when the launcher reaches near 74~76%.

https://imgur.com/a/ZUBoT
    [​IMG]

I'm running the game on Win10 64 bits.
    Here's what the log says:

Any help?

#255 Krakrakru, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  16. Alnaader88

Same happened with me how to solve that

17. Alnaader88

please how to solve this issue since yesterday I'm trying to download the patch and unable to do that

18. M337

M337 Witch NA

while downloading the patch from this emergency mantainence, my vpn kind of disconnected and reconnected again (might be my wifi idk) and its causing me to not go past the channel selection screen while selecting NA and/or EU, will flushing dns and the netsh command thingies let me download this last patch again? because i tried deleting the version.dat file and it didnt seem to solve any problems

19. akaBruce

Lol, I wanted to play again after around 8 months of pap errors. Looks like it's still not fixed.

20. GrahamB

Thought I'd revisit the game after a break of six months and have been trying to download 30+ gigs of files for the part 6 hours.
    The patcher get to about four percent(1.2gig approx) and then resets every time!
    Given up now..
    :(