1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ZaieWiix

Hi, After download today i always get the corrupted file massage.
    I already completely reinstalled the game but it still says corrupt files.
    Always stuck at around 95% at the little 49mb "patch" when repairing.

2. ZaieWiix

Nothing huh? i did everything in Kabel Deutschland megathread and in Patching Issue megathread, still getting stuck with corrupted file.
    i tried it on different HDD, still same problem.

3. Burritch

Hello guys,

i just came to post a solution that worked for me.

My problem was the following : when i start the launcher, it tries to download the latest patch but seems to be frozen. After a few seconds, a popup appears with the message "An error occurred while reading the update information file".

In the log folder of the game, the last file contains an entry like :
    [09/06/2018::22:29:45] [MSG] patch file(873.PAP) get size error.

What i tried is the same solution i used for my ESO problem (a webget error while downloading a patch)
    Here it is :

- Right-click on the Windows Menu and click on "Run"
    - Enter "msconfig" and launch it
    - On the MsConfig window, choose the "Services" page.
    - On the bottom of the "Services" page, tick the "Hide microsoft services" option,
    then click on "Deactivate All" button on the right.
    - Restart your computer and run BDO launcher ... it should start to download the patch correctly.
    - Don't forget to relaunch MsConfig to reactivate your services (same as above except the last button)

Well at least it worked for me, hope it will work for you.
    Have fun guys !

4. Ajow

Legcramp3 likes this.
  5. Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

After today patch i can't get game to work.
    I tried everything, i deleted all documents/black desert
    i deleted the whole game and tried to reinstall it. I tried to reinstall on diffrent hdd drive.
    With new installation there was a problem too...like a crc with some dlls. But finally i started installation without crc error sic!

When it comes to patching it end up with:

A corrupted file has been detected. Please restart the luncher to begin file repair.

Log:
    [09/19/2018::23:26:15] [MSG] patch file = D:\games\Black Desert Online\892.PAP
    [09/19/2018::23:26:15] [MSG] RTPatch file name : Paz\pad00000.meta
    [09/19/2018::23:26:15] [MSG] patch file Apply error. D:\games\Black Desert Online\892.PAP code = 31

This is not a first time, last time it helped just deleting cache in documents/black desert but now.....
    I'm tired with this luncher.

Edit:
    ok finally deleting file pad00000.meta helped....
    jeasus crist devs do your job, it seems that the only thing that is still in development of this game is how to p2w morrrreee

Edit:
    ok now game started to randomly crash on character swap without any error information

Edit:
    Finally i found the reason of all problems. It was my wifi connection that cause most likely CRC errors. Btw game luncher doesn't have any protection against that ??? In the same time i was able to install and run other games and programs, also instalations that is why i was disoriented.

#345 Cpt Nemo Kolkozy, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  6. GM Kaioken

Game Master

If your connection quality drops while downloading the game or patching, you may experience corrupt files being downloaded and as a result, an incomplete or corrupted patching process. To avoid this, please ensure you use a wired connection. I also recommend fully white listing the game on your antivirus and firewall programs to avoid potential corruption issues too.

7. Legcramp3

We have our own thread down in Tech Support. But we are just ignored.

8. Sirce

Has anyone else had problems with the game stalling since the patch? First the screen freezes, then the UI disappears. The menu won't pop up when I hit escape. After about 30 seconds, I get either a loading screen or a greenish-gray blank screen and then a loading screen. When I come back, my rage is reset to 0 as if I'd logged out. I turned my vid card settings to low and didn't have any luck. It doesn't seem to matter where it is -- it's happened in the city, while farming, and with densely packed mobs. Sometimes it freezes when I try to talk to an NPC. It also lags insanely when trying to chat or use a mount. It's made the game unplayable for me.
    :(

9. GM Kaioken

Game Master

This sounds like you are having connection issues. Can you send us in a ticket with your WinMTR log attached? You can access the support website via the in-game "Support" button found in the in-game mail menu.

10. Sirce

Okay, I've submitted a ticket with the report. Thanks!

GM Kaioken likes this.
  11. Lalala

I login but I can't even download the patch, the system message pops up then it shuts down.

Attached Files:

• gf.jpg
      gf.jpg
      File size:
      214.3 KB
      Views:
  12. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you try the steps here, and let us know if they help?

13. Lansik

[​IMG]
    I need help =(

14. EckmanCA

15. Q880

I'm having problems after every patch has been made the game starts without downloading any files and gets stuck at the screen right before server selection after I hit the start button. The only feedback i'm getting is a "Now processing" box. I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks. I can fix the problem with a file check but it always downloads over 8GB of files and it's getting frustrating to download 8GB every week i have tried all of the solutions bot officially and unofficially on the internet. İ have flushed my dns reset my ip config reset my winsock and nothing worked. İ also don't have a version.dat file in my folder. I have purchased the game through Steam but many other friends who bought the game with me are not having anyproblems at all. I have also tried manual patching but that also did'nt work. Please fix this it's not even funny to download over 8GB each time there is a 400MB patch.... Edit: I can get past the launcher but since i can't download the patch the game after it loads in to the start screen it freezes at "Now processing"

#355 Q880, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  16. Lucatiel

Haven't played since February and my patcher continues to get around 40% and then resets itself without any error /pop up that I can see

17. werfeswt

"An error ocurred while patching. Please start again."
    What can I do in this case? The message keeps showing... I dont know if it is a common issue.

18. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Please delete your version.dat file and any .pap files in your Black Desert Installation directory and then try again.
    If the issues persist, send us a ticket.

19. Demonsaru

load launcher, log in, launcher checks patch finds new patch BAM window with just an error occurred trying to read patch file close and try again...……. just this over and over. Ive tried the "fixes" and they don't do anything to change the out come.

I have just kept trying for the last 3 hours and sometimes it does try to patch but always gets to 25% and error patching occurred close and start again then its back to the first window above. Nothing suggested is fixing anything and its only since this Archer pre patch dropped from 4/5 December 2018

20. beausx

i have the same "an error occurred while patching. please start again" happens instantly at 1.67MB downloaded unable to repair the client unsure what else to do

Edit: deleteing the .dat and .pap files at the same time fixed the issue

#360 beausx, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018