1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Asvar

On trying to patch the game this morning I am either getting 'An error occurred while patching. Please start again.' or 'An error occurred while reading the patch information file. Please start again.'

I have tried deleting both .dat and .pap files to no avail.

The launcher logs are showing either a [MSG] patch file(974.PAP) get size error. or [MSG] patch action Exception : E:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\973.PAP? ????? ?? ?? ??? ??????.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

2. Demonsaru

yup im still the exact same as even after attempting the "fix" and a complete purge from my system and fresh install the game will still not patch and same error "an error occurred while patching please start again" or "an error occurred while reading the patch information file please start again"

UPDATE
    ive done nothing. I just have been continuing to try and log in and let it patch and it worked...….I did NOTHING at all to fix it after trying everything and now its worked......

#362 Demonsaru, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you let me know if you've got any firewalls or antivirus software running that may be scanning the game files while it tries to patch?

4. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I have gotten the message "an error occurred while patching. please try again" 5 times now.

What is going on and how do i fix this?

5. JooBomb

Getting constant 12006 errors. I have tried all possible fixes and confirmed it is not my ISP with the issue. Absolute incompetence.

6. NitroViper

Same, 12006 error and cannot play for 12 hours!

7. Dutch

Dutch Dutch Witch 58 NA

@GM Kaioken NO, NOBODY HAS ANY SORT OF CRAP THAT IS MAKING THIS HAPPEN IT IS YOUR FAULT NOT OURS NOW FIX IT AND COMPENSATE!

8. Kiwi97

I still can't get in.

9. Timelos

Hi everyone im trying to download the full game (not just an update) but everytime i try i get error 12006 at different points in the early part of the download, 0% or 5% even 10%. I tried with my firewall and anti virus off, port 8.8.8.8. is not blocked. I already sent a ticket and got the standard reply telling me to do the things i said in the ticket i already had done (i have responded on the ticket again hoping to get a better answer). But getting a new answer might take long so maybe somebody here has had the same problem and has a different solution?

10. SriMieru

Sooo...the thread is from Nov.2017.
    Since then, i still have the same corruption problem EVERY PATCH, having me to delete version.dat and enjoy the 1h update that follows.

Maybe do something, i mean you know its happening every damn patch

11. Dreamyrui

Hey there
    My friend downloaded the game, but when he tried to run the patch it always said "corrupted files". He tried to repair the files continuously, but didn't work. Then I sent him my game's files and so the game worked, but now after the patch, it says corrupted files again..?
    (he doesn't have that version.dat file, but tried to delete the pap files, and also didn't work)
    Could somebody help?

12. DogLover14

Well Do they have the actual game client? It sounds like it if youre saying they tried "repairing files" which aint5 an option for Steam, Steam just does a scan and can also say missing/corrupted files. In my experience the way i fixed it was to just run the scan and let it say w/e its guna say cuz theres been times where i did a file verify "steam " and it said zero files missing/corrupted, then did a verification of files agn and it said i have like 3 files missing/corrupted lol wtf? But anyways i dnt recommend deleting any folders or files. I literally had to do a fresh install like twice to get the damn game to be "normal/playable/" agn.

13. Dreamyrui

no, it's not the steam version
    and he also tried to download the game again, also didn't work

14. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you confirm your friend has the game fully installed, whitelisted and excluded from antivirus programs, one drive sync and other programs that may alter or edit the files?

15. Dreamyrui

Yes, he even turned off the antivirus, and has none of the cloud programs. Also I have the full game so at least when I sent him the files he had the full game, I don't think the patch made disappear the files?

16. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you get your friend to send us a ticket directly please, so we can troubleshoot for them?

17. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

Have the exactly same issue. Its a blank new System, BDO was running. Started Computer today, have to patch last weeks patch and got these error message.
    Tried with
    - "open as Administrator"
    - without Firewall
    - Restart

This error occours before I can click at "Start"

18. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you try a power cycle of your router/network and also the steps here, please? If the problem persists, send us a ticket.

19. Terror_of_Dark

After the latest patch my game crashes to deskop after 3 min being in game, screen just freezes and poof im back at deskop without any message.. anyone has expirenced similar problem and perhaps resolved this issue somehow?
    I want to mention that ive uninstaled whole game and instaled it again but it didnt fix anything and ofc support dosent know how to resolve my problem..

#379 Terror_of_Dark, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Razz91 likes this.
  20. Razz91

I have the same problem I try any solution proposed on the old forum and all the one I know but nothing I send a ticket to support but no answer

Terror_of_Dark likes this.