1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patching Issues Megathread

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Asvar

On trying to patch the game this morning I am either getting 'An error occurred while patching. Please start again.' or 'An error occurred while reading the patch information file. Please start again.'

I have tried deleting both .dat and .pap files to no avail.

The launcher logs are showing either a [MSG] patch file(974.PAP) get size error. or [MSG] patch action Exception : E:\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\973.PAP? ????? ?? ?? ??? ??????.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

2. Demonsaru

yup im still the exact same as even after attempting the "fix" and a complete purge from my system and fresh install the game will still not patch and same error "an error occurred while patching please start again" or "an error occurred while reading the patch information file please start again"

UPDATE
    ive done nothing. I just have been continuing to try and log in and let it patch and it worked...….I did NOTHING at all to fix it after trying everything and now its worked......

#362 Demonsaru, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you let me know if you've got any firewalls or antivirus software running that may be scanning the game files while it tries to patch?

4. JM

JM

I have gotten the message "an error occurred while patching. please try again" 5 times now.

What is going on and how do i fix this?

5. JooBomb

Getting constant 12006 errors. I have tried all possible fixes and confirmed it is not my ISP with the issue. Absolute incompetence.

6. NitroViper

Same, 12006 error and cannot play for 12 hours!

7. Dutch

Dutch Dutch Witch 58 NA

@GM Kaioken NO, NOBODY HAS ANY SORT OF CRAP THAT IS MAKING THIS HAPPEN IT IS YOUR FAULT NOT OURS NOW FIX IT AND COMPENSATE!

8. Kiwi97

I still can't get in.

9. SriMieru

Sooo...the thread is from Nov.2017.
    Since then, i still have the same corruption problem EVERY PATCH, having me to delete version.dat and enjoy the 1h update that follows.

Maybe do something, i mean you know its happening every damn patch