1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patiently waiting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shujinfujimarusamasanmango, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
?

Anyone coming back to Black Desert to play the Archer?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. no

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Yes but temporarily. Hoping the class can change my mind about the game.

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Shujinfujimarusamasanmango

49467.jpg

Patiently waiting is how I can describe my Black Desert experience. Imagine having your most favorite thing in the world in your possession, but instead of indulge your self you wait to the perfect moment to do so. You know it's there in the cupboard. You know you can have it anytime you want but instead you wait for the perfect moment. This is what I've been doing with Black Desert. That thing up on my shelf. That thing that I can remind myself is there. Whenever I'm upset, angry or sad. Just waiting for the time when I can just soak it all up. I think that time has come.

When I started playing Black Desert I didn't really have the time for it that I wanted to put into it. Not to say that I haven't put a lot of time into it. The time Black Desert release I was sort of still into other games, but in my heart and in the back of my mind I knew that the best game had just come out. The game for me. As I looked at the classes the one that stood out the most to me was the Berserker. Being the first class I ever played it was not without flaws. To be honest, in my opinion the class came out sort of week. But weakness in the class doesn't discourage me. In fact it makes me want to play it more. But I started to realize that the in your face way the class played wasn't truly for me. After this I played the wizard. I liked the more ranged play style. I didn't spend as much time on the wizard as I did on the Berserker because soon after this the Musa came out. This class in my opinion seemed like a mix between the two. In your face and ranged at the same time. But to my surprise the Musa was more in-your-face and less ranged as its bow skills where lackluster.

Soon after the striker came out. Knowing I wasn't an in-your-face person the striker looked amazing. It's comboing fighting style and Street Fighter esque abilities were appealing. Despite having never played Street Fighter I was a big fighting game fan. I loved the class especially when it's Awakening came out, but in my opinion it's Awakening was to different.

Black Desert's Awakenings were moving in a direction I didn't like. Classes that were ranged became close and vice versa. It didn't put me off, the game Black Desert was still a Pearl in my mind. It put me off of the classes. The berzerker I loved I become MegaMan. The wizard I loved for its range moved far too close for comfort in my opinion. The striker and the Musa on the other hand didn't change too much. But with the striker the combo style it had with its pre awakening change to something more straightforward and less complicated. It felt watered down. Don't get me wrong it was still loads of fun and very visually appealing, but imagine you're a ranger and all of a sudden you have two swords, or you've been playing a witch or wizard your entire gaming life in Black Desert focusing on staying away and all of a sudden you're up in the face of the very classes that destroyed you when you maked that mistake, or you locked in on the Dark Knight because of its giant sword and then all of a sudden you're casting magic spells playing keep-away. My love for the game was still strong and those Awakenings were still appealing in their own way. But I still didn't like it. But in my mind I have picked my class. The Musa in my opinion stayed true to the way it played. A Japanese feed encased in swirling death. Fast, quick, agile and in my opinion the most unforgiving. The Musu was original. (there are some honorable mentions Warrior, valkyrie).

Back to the first point I was making in the first paragraph. I always had the intention of saving Black Desert. So I would take frequent and long breaks from the game. I skipped many quests, and paid no attention to the story. I was saving that for the one class I decided to truly settle down on. And like I was saying I think that time has come with the announce of the archer class. The one that appealed to me the most about all those classes was the pre awakened wizard. I have tried simply playing the Wizard without playing its Awakening but you feel weak even with absolute skills. Not using the Awakening feels like having a gun in your back pocket but still choosing to use your fists. I wanted something ranged something that I can sit back and take my time on so when I saw the announcement for the Archer class I knew it was time for me to come home to Black Desert. I can finally take my most favorite thing out of the cupboard and use it. According to the things I've heard the Archer was going to be a 100% ranged. A crossbow and a longbow. All I could think was wow.

One of the things I would always hope while I was playing Black Desert was for male versions of some of the female classes one class in particular the valkyrie. I loved everything about this class's Awakening. Lances were one of my favorite things next to scythes. It was a beautiful Awakening but I suffer from something that started back when I was a child. The inability to play females in games. I always believe that a man should play a man and a woman should play a woman but that's a conversation another day that I won't get into. So I would just sit back and watch people play the valkyrie. The Dark Knight was another one but as I said in my previous paragraph it's Awakening change the class too much. But another one was the Ranger.

There were hints and people saying that there was to be a male Ranger but it was just hearsay. So to finally get confirmation is amazing. It's as if Christmas came early for me. I cross my fingers hoping that the 100% range thing is true. I hope it's Awakening stays true to the play style. I can finally come back and enjoy Black Desert's story and everything the game has to offer. There are many things in this game that I didn't do and I'm glad because unlike other players it's as though I have a game I haven't played yet.

2. Tvvin

A crossbow gauntlet killed my hype for Archer. His greatbow awakening visuals is what I'm waiting for.

3. 6footgeeks

christmas came early?

hmmmm

ill actually be damned if we get the class by christmas :P

4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I ont lose a damn thing by trying him out. Will have something more constructive to say after I do so.

5. Andaro

Ambassador

Another energy alt for me....lol
    But it does look fun to play

6. Shujinfujimarusamasanmango

Lol you know I didn't think of that

7. Shujinfujimarusamasanmango

You wanted him to hold a normal crossbow? Seems like it would of been slow. I guess if it were magic and could self load or shoot magic bolts

8. Tvvin

I have a strong appreciation of historically accurate medieval weapons. I think they just look better.

His crossbow gauntlet didn't look very fast either lol

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

what im worried about is that superarmored preawakened skill with kd that isnt even absolute and already deals more damage than wizards bolide of destruction on same cd. what the fck developers? and they said bolide had to lose bound coz too op.

10. Corrus

Archer crossbow gauntlet looked not very promising to me either. I also hope they give give us more options for his look, just saying. It was already bad with striker.

11. Shujinfujimarusamasanmango

I cant find the skill. I wanna see what it looks like