1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay to Win Visualization

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lithi, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Wildcard

Thats not streching, thats the core definition of p2w, if you like it or not *shrug* As it is now - no p2w. Selling V gear for an obscene price - no p2w. Selling VI gear you can't craft - p2w. Everything else is just whining that some people grind their gear with rlwork while others grind it with way to much time online.

2. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

so archeage died for being p2w, but with your logic it was nowhere near p2w... so weird

Factorial likes this.
  3. Information

If the cosmetic can influence your ingame wealth, it's not a cosmetic. I don't see where the "fail" is in my argument

Factorial likes this.
  4. Wildcard

So what can you get with that faster accumulated ig wealth you can't get with slower accumulated wealth?

5. Mikroman

Instant 550 million silvers vs RM + silver is the currency in game to buy every materials or items = p2w
    Cash shop item only slots with advantage + cash shop services = p2w

Factorial likes this.
  6. zhagsten

And when we bring ghillie or rank 1 house on the table: "it does count because..." and your definition follows the waves of your fanatism.
    In the end nothing is P2W, P2W doesn't exist, the World is saved once again.

Or you just twisted a definition. Because last time I checked, if V were sold in the shop, it would place buyers at a direct advantage for long enough to call it P2W.

"But in ten years you'll get the same, it's fair!" Yeah sure, but we're playing now. And now it's P2W.

Factorial likes this.
  7. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

maybe those guys don't have a rl job and are also lacking the money to buy the little convenience items :D
    on the other hand, BDO is quite expensive in regard to other MMOs, especially with the "bound by character" stuff, but no one is forced to buy anything except for the basegame (not regarding the latest event).

even for grinding there is a viable option...it's called horse & wagon or camel & elephant for the desert.
    on most grindspots you reach the weight limit way sooner than the inventory space limit...which so easily avoided by putting the heavy trashstack in your mounts inventory.

the only thing where i think that weight is a little more important are some lifeskills like processing where you can go afk for longer periods of time.
    but hey you could also easily take e.g. the treant spirit dropset (except belt) for crafting with +100 LT set bonus, a manos golden coral belt on whatever upgrade you like (as it brings 100 LT base and 100 LT with every upgrade, so 600 LT on PEN) and if you don't care to much about lifeskill XP you could even add an hercules set (with 250+50 LT on 3 pieces) and e.g a Zereth armor with another 50 LT...not to mention crystals which bring minor LT buffs...that would be at max +1050 LT just with basic game content and no $shop stuff (without crystals as i don't have them all in mind but prolly another 100LT for all slots in total )

8. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

it isnt stretched, people use the term p2w as an excuse to cry about just anything added to an ingame cashshop even if they dont need it to play the game. sure we can argue about the moral behind the bdo cash shop but there is seriously nothing added that gets you from 0 to 800 GS with just an instant creditcard swipe. there is nothing added that you must have to be able to play this game! you dont like the idea behind the added item then just dont buy it because you DONT NEED IT! you can reach your goal without all the stuff we have in our cash shop, you're just slower than others but who the hell cares? i dont need pen gear for the pve content we have, we have no real dungeons with gearscore requirements where the next higher gear tier drops like other games have...i dont need PEN gear for insane boring and non rewarding pvp, with TRI or PEN im an oneshot anyway with the desastrous messed up class and cc balance we have... so why do people cry about someone whos melting 2000 Euros worth of costumes or wasting thousands of artisans? jeez laugh about them cause they gain nothing with it seriously nothing...enjoy the game the way you like the most and dont moan about players drowning they butts in debts for pixels cause it just stresses yourself and destroys your gameplay.
    thats why im still here after over 2 years, i dont waste a single second thinking that someone could be better than me gearwise cause they burn their paychecks on the game every month. =)

9. Rising_Chaos

you can get unlimited storage & inventory and 4x 50 LT weight per character for loyalty too

10. Jeanina

archeage was pay to win cause you couldnt get beyond a certain gear enchantment level without spending rl cash cause the mats arent obtainable ingame but purchaseable via cash shop and thats why so many freakin players left the game besides the server merge desaster with bots claiming all available land and selling it for horrible gold amounts! ;)

11. zhagsten

"PvP is crap so the game isn't P2W"

Crazy how apologists find excuses on the fly.

Factorial and Auralexia like this.
  12. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

yes you could all the way to mythic, but ofc chance was not very good... but you were able to so with your logic its not p2w lol

Factorial likes this.
  13. Rising_Chaos

exactly that^^ BDO is an expensive pay for convenience game, but no pay to win^^

14. Information

Listen, we got it, you play casually and you don't care about competition so you're not affected by P2W aspects and the power level of other players, but this is not the case for many of us as nodewar players, and the fact that some rich people got everything faster is just annoying and frustrating.

If you're able to stay in your confort zone and not interract with P2W players, i'm sure you'll be able to do the same with people complaining about P2W. Let us cry in peace now thx.

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

*with ALOT of time, yea, theoretically. you can get it instantly in pearl shop and way more lt limit as well.

Factorial likes this.
  16. Mikroman

This is the "just time" argument in "lazy-dumb excuses" folder. :)

Auralexia likes this.
  17. Rising_Chaos

the same as the p2w kiddies claim stuff which isn't p2w as such all the time^^

18. zhagsten

"kiddies"... is that all you got?

19. Rising_Chaos

ofc it takes a lot of time. if you could get all the stuff in like 1 month there would be no point in spending the money for it^^ and regarding LT limit view my other post before that^^

20. Jeanina

well its my opinion about calling everything p2w just cause some people are faster than me throwing their rl cash into a pixel world. you guys are all free to do whatever you want but all this crying about it wont change anything at all. kakao wont remove artisans and costume melting, useless costume bonuses and valuepacks just cause a handfull people whine long enough. they make money with it, its their business and i say it again nothing in bdo forces you to buy a ghillie, valuepacks, artisans, pets or whatever cause you dont need it to play the game.