1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Paymentwall Potential fraudulent purchase - Reclaim process

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Burntt, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Burntt

Paymentwall blocked my payment and refunded the money i used to buy pearls on a new credit card. i contacted kakao about it and they requested me to pay the money that was blocked and refunded.

Once i verified my identity with kakao as the owner, afterwards i was told to verify with paymentwall in 7 days to pay the money that was refunded. So, i contacted paymentwall but they refused to provide service.

i sent a reply to kakao GM Ammy and this was what she said.
    "hey there,

I'm GM Ammy and I hope you're doing well today.

I'm sorry to hear this. I've now reached out to PaymentWall directly regarding this and will let you know when I hear back from them.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

AFTER A FEW DAYS I RECIEVE THIS FROM GM AMMY??? I never hear back from paymentwall??
    "Hello again,

As previously mentioned, we consider charge-backs for a legitimate transaction to be fraudulent and according to our system records, you did not get back to us within the given time-frame to restore your account’s balance. Due to this, since your account balance was not restored, we have permanently banned your account.

In this case, if you wish to continue playing Black Desert Online, you can still do so by creating a new account and purchasing a new Game Pass."

2. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

haha .. perfect time to get angry and stop playing.. you will be thankful to their customer service in a few months

3. Kerenis

Kerenis Valkyrie 61 EU

Typical kakao

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

This sounds a bit wiered. "Paymentwall blocked my payment and refunded the money"
    1. if Paymentwall blocks a transaction, they don't refund the money, they just ask for your ID.
    2. in such case the money would not have reached kakao so they would also not know, there was a blocked transaction.

What you wrote sounds like, you bought kakao cash and then you spend it for pearls and maybe you also spend the pearls for other items. After all this, out of nowhere, paymentwall revoked the payment and gave you your money back. But this is not how paymentwall works!

So I think there is more behind it than you say.

#4 Megta, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Andaro likes this.
  5. Jebediah

Payments go through Terminal3 these days anyway. You should contact them perhaps.

6. Burntt

They revoked my payment and i have also tested it on a brand new account. On the new account i was able to purchase payment, afterwards the next day its blocked and funds get refunded. i believe its due to my new credit card that paymentwall thinks im not the original owner, which i had to verify with kakao first.
    * and yes i have tried to purchase pearl items which is why i am unable to refund it now.

#6 Burntt, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  7. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Did you get an email from paymentwall about this issue? What does this email say?

8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

This matter cannot be resolved via the forums. It must be resolved via Ticket.

9. Burntt

Hi,

Please be advised that we are unable to offer you our services at this point.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Paymentwall Team
    also i cant send them another email or reply the system just blocks it due to duplicate ticket. dont know if its a bug but ill hv to wait and see if i can send them replies again.

#9 Burntt, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. Megta

Megta Archer EU

Thats not the mail I was talking about.
    I was talking about the mail they send automaticly, when they block a transaction.

11. Burntt

No automatic email was ever sent, even on the new account i tested on. Both just blocked on further purchase on website, afterwards suspended due to suspicious transactions, and funds were refunded bk to my paypal.

Currently after i verified my ownership with kakao im waiting for paymentwall to reply to bdo, but until then my account is perma banned. Since i am unable to pay them bk without going through paymentwall. Tried asking bdo if i can pay through another method but paymentwall is the only fking option.

12. Megta

Megta Archer EU

This is realy weird because they never make a transaction without notifying you.

13. GM Fenix

Game Master

Hi @Burntt

I understand you had some issues regarding payments on your game account, as @Andaro has mentioned previously, the forums are not the place to resolve this issue. Please contact our Customer Support Team for further assistance.

14. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

He did and GM Ammy should be looking into it but despite her efforts he was still banned before she could reply. Maybe you can help with a follow-up? jeesh