1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Payouts - Why it's Destroying BDO for new/returning players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, May 31, 2018.

1. TwisterLover

Who from ur guild joined manup-> snake?

2. Atron

Pros are using silver for enchanting.

3. 2Cents

Remember it's a "Drop Rates" buff only effecting active players grinding mobs. You just got caught using the propaganda that Siege players would just win anyway so who cares about their payouts.

4. TwisterLover

Hey since your comparing overwatch then I can compare this game to league right ? In league how many years does it take to reach masters+ from noob, or even D1? D1+ is considered top as in being in a top seige guild for bdo. I know for a very competitive player it would take roughly 6 months to reach D5. D5 -> D3 I would guess around a year. This is not even close to an average player. For an average player it would take much longer.

Now compare it to BDO in how long it takes to get softcap from start, 1 year ? Does it require hard work in grinding? Yes. Know that for a game like bdo, the only thing that's holding you back is RNG or the market, it really only takes time and not skill. In a game like league, to reach this "top players" can take you years and still stuck at the same rank. In a game like league, your still grinding, your grinding your games out. Payouts are very little, it is a good boost but it isn't as signficant as how your putting it as. You really can't just live off of payouts solely, you will fall behind.
    I make 40 mil an hour at hystria. Let's say a castle holder gets 300 mil per payout. That means I would need to grind ~7 hours assuming I did not get a RNG drop a week to obtain this payout carried player.
    Also, let's say 3 guilds are holding the top tier reigons. That's only 300 players at Max obtaining these payouts which is very small compared to the population of the server.

5. xLightning

Youre still back complaining about the game. Please go back to Final Fantasy

6. LightningFFXIII-4

I am back in FFXIV lol, but that game is purposely designed to get boring after week or so from a patch. Besides, FFXIV forums is no fun, its like a Disney forums. BDO forums is like going into a Trump Rally plus I really want BDO to succeed.

If you haven't noticed, most of the stuff I complained about, they fixed already.

Servers - Fixed.
    NPC Voiceovers missing in Grana - Fixed
    Old Moon Fences missing - Fixed
    Kuno Buffs - Fixed
    Wizard Nerfs - Fixed

The only thing left is them Payouts.

Now I understand there is a way for the undergeared players to get payouts which is to join a Sea monster hunting guild, but seriously? There has to be a way for everyone to get a payout. If not, it has to be removed or replaced.

#146 LightningFFXIII-4, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  7. Octia

You do realize the point of doing that would be to allow new players to catch up?

WoW essentially does the same thing by releasing expansions that make all your gear terrible again.. It is a smart move.

Your game is dying, you need a solution, you're going to have to make a sacrifice if you want other people to enjoy the game.

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Must surely be why ManUp owns a T3 node and owned a T2 node last week.

9. Tvvin

That's sad. They pulled a vigor

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

That's just hot air from your behind until you prove it. But you wont. Hence it's hot air from your behind.

11. residente

Yeah making V the new +5 and allowing us to enchant up to XX is going to let new players catch up.

12. LightningFFXIII-4

Yeah FFXIV does that too. Each major patch they release they introduce better tiers of gear for Endgame players to obtain, while making existing endgame gear easier to obtain.

That way, nobody stays on the top, someone who installs the game today can catchup to the Elite in a few weeks or months.

The way BDO is right now, its Impossible for anyone installing today to catchup to those at the Top.

13. Tjaranis

I like what this idea is trying to do, However, you cannot just delete the thousands of hours the top 0,1% of the player base has put into it. how they lived and breathed it.

a much better solution is, as i've heard they are doing, removes the downgrade to get tri, meaning getting TET would be like getting TRI now, bit harder but roughly and PEN a good deal harder than TET is now.
    then consider nerfing the Stats per step to half.

but at this point the people who invested huge time will feel unfairly treated as they did so under the assumption you could become a "demi god",
    so you might as well just do whatever is needed to created the best gameplay experience because those that leaves, does it either way if you improve on the extreme imbalance of tet/pen

14. LightningFFXIII-4

On the plus side since BDO is so stale, if you have 550 GS, you can take a 6 month break and come back still top tier. In any other MMO, if you do that, you would come back needing to completely regear your Main toon again.

15. Tjaranis

that's not true, in most reason mmo's the vertical progression slows down to a crawl at end game and often it is wanted to have a large portion of players fully endgame geared, for the best pvp experience..

16. donchan

How the **** does this thread have 8 pages??? lol

Nocturnus likes this.
  17. residente

Someone that is full IV right now and is one shooting new guys that are full I and II is going to be full XIX and one shooting those same new players full XIII in the future. Increasing the enhancement levels doesn't mean that new guys will reach softcap. Top % of the playerbase is going to keep reaching the top levels as soon as they're released while noobs will keep struggling.

The only thing preventing newcomers to catchup to the Elite is RNG. Getting silver in this game is so easy its ridiculous. The problem is the absurd RNG enhancing system. Someone might be on a streak and get full IV of the money and resources you needed for a single piece.

18. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Join a siege guild and see how high really is their payout, then come here and share your feelings.

19. LightningFFXIII-4

I heard this is what's going on on Siege nowadays:

Meanwhile on BDO Siege Discord where only the Siege GM's are invited:
    Aftershock GM: Ok who's getting Balenos next.
    Notorious GM: Isnt it my turn to get a payout?
    Blackrose GM: Cmon man, im the returning player here, let me have that castle so we can be legit again... I'm begging you man!
    Notorious GM: Oh all right, but Next week Balenos is mine!
    Aftershock GM: And the week after that it belongs to Aftershock.
    Blackrose GM: Thanks guys *sniff* Your the best <3.

20 Minutes later.....

So much for skilled PVP. That's how they earn their 200-800mil Siege payouts nowadays. No wonder they're hacking in Hystria. They don't care lol.

20. LightningFFXIII-4

Captured this today on world chat. There's your Nodewar Guild right there. Such a lying Payout carried scum trying to downplay their payouts.

200Mil nodewar guild.png

I also saw 2 Seamonster hunting guilds post 300/400mil weekly payouts for Sailors. I know Torrent pays 300mil a week just for holding a cannon and shooting some monsters.