1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response PC Specs/Build for BDO need help

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Bleachi, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bleachi

Hey volks,

Sadly I dont know much about Computers and my only choice is to ask the wise people on the internet for advice. Currently I play Black Desert on low graphics and still get pretty big fps drops/lagg so I would like to upgrade for a bit since christmas is on the door.

I would like to ask if you could tell me what of my current Hardware I need to change to run bdo smooth with good fps(60atleast) and high graphics since I have no clue what of my cpu is the problem.

My Current setup :
    Processor Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40.GHz
    RAM 8GB
    Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX1070
    Motherboard Z77A-GD65
    50k internet speed

anything else I need to note/list ?

#1 Bleachi, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Fish™

1. Change CPU. It's quite old generation. In theory it should run at stable 60fps but considering it's age that might be the problem.

2. Add another 8GB of ram. Not necessary but recommended.

Overall your system should run the game on Slightly-High at a stable 50-60 fps. I don't know why you get such low fps. Maybe it's just the CPU architecture showing it's age. If you got the money go for a 8th gen i5/i7. If not 6th gen minimum.

3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

You can find our recommended specs here.

I'd opt for a newer CPU personally, and some more ram as pointed out above, but your GPU should be okay for sure.

4. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

If your internet speed is restricted to 50k and that is not simply a typo, then that is clearly your only problem.

5. Andaro

Ambassador

In truthfulness your specs are fine, but I would up your Ram to 16gb. If you want to upgrade your processor you would see a significant boost in most areas, but I ran the game fine on a notebook with an A8 APU which is much less than yours.

The best advice I can give when receiving a new machine or building one is to complete a fresh clean install of windows, perform all updates first. Disable windows UAC and activate the base Administrator account, use that account and delete all others. You'll have way less issues and better performance