1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response PC turning off in Aakman

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Avaey, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Suncry

lets assume it is my gfx card, how come it doesnt shut down when i use all the specific programs that stresses my pc even more then bdo does and it still doesnt crash?

2. ElectroStingz.

The way nvidia's GPU boost works means when the GFX card is under a very high load it does not overclock itself as much.

GPU boost overclocks the card based on load / power / temperature.
    If the game is not stressing out the GPU it will boost the GPU clock quite high.
    Then when something changes, lets say the load suddenly increases / decreases for a few seconds the GPU boost clock will dynamically adjust.
    This rapid change in overclocking is what causes the instability if the GFX card is faulty.
    Stress testing does not generate a dynamic load like this.

3. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

4. Suncry

ok, so i downloaded occt tested the gpu with flag errors thingy on, max memory load i did not found, anyway tested it only for 15mins and everything went well, gona test it tonight and let it run for 4h aprox.
    the second thing i did was downloading RealBench, i started it went afk for 5mins and after i came back it said:"Instability found".
    i wanted to see why, so i clicked on results but there were no results found. i started it again and let it run for 1h, after that 1h it said Stress test Passed.

made some screenshots, the temps were all normal but kinda spiky?!

Attached Files:

5. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

6. Rena

i tryed al kind of test too, went to 2 technichan, nobody had an idea what's happening, mine was restarting when he want..if it's the psu or motheboard falling you can't test it, but try..99% is hardware btw

7. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

Anyone with this problem use UPS?

8. Suncry

dont think that i have an ups, did the memtest til now lasted almost 3h with 0 Errors.

here are the crystaldsk results:

Attached Files:

#28 Suncry, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  9. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

#29 Kurtferro79, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  10. Suncry

Its on C on the ssd
    tested it for the bench results first, after that i put on loop for 30mins, did not crash.

could it be bc of my 27" 2560x1440p? had an 1080p b4 and im not sure if i had those probs with it bench1.PNG crystaldiskinf1.PNG crystaldiskinf2.PNG

11. Smatchimo

Try one RAM at a time...
    Dunno why such a simple solution/test would get ignored in this thread. Good luck OP taking notifications off.

12. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

From the tests it seems all right, the only thing I could advise you is to update the build of windows 10, maybe with the reinstallation the problem disappears, the newbuild of May has just come out, if you can do a clean reinstallation, anyway do a game repair, and delete cache from the in-game settings, and when you install the video card drivers, avoid installing the Geforce Experience crap, also test to play in windows fullscreen and fullscreen.

13. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

He did memtest 3 times without errors

14. Smatchimo

I literally posted that I did all of that to find out it was one RAM stick. I posted that last night... and your now telling him to make my same mistakes instead of starting with solution that worked for me....

AM I TALKING TO MYSELF OR WTF

15. Smatchimo

i mem test my own stuff. it passed. I took out a stick anyway. crashes stopped. i dont care about mem test lol. i said try one stick at a time

16. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

I've been doing this job for 20 years, you don't even know what you're talking about, do you think every problem is the same as yours?

17. ElectroStingz.

The issue with using software for testing purposes is that sometimes you are not able to replicate the fault. This is the biggest issue many people / customers face when returning their faulty products back to retailers / service centres. The people testing are fixed on following a set procedure like running a specific software to try and diagnose a fault. Everyone knows what happens next, it's an endless cycle between customer / retailer / service tech.

There is no need to argue among ourselves or try to prove a point, relying of software for fault finding is never 100% reliable. One software might work fine, another could show a fault. In this instance you must consider BDO as that software which triggers the fault, the others are not doing the same things and the test conditions are completely different.

To move forward you need to go with this, you know how to trigger the fault so change something and see what happens.

- GFX card yes take it out and use your onboard GFX / lower the powerlimit to minium.
    This will tell you if it is the GFX card or a power related issue.

- Taking 1 stick of memory out is also a good idea / trying each one on their own.
    This will tell you if the memory is faulty, software programs like memtest cannot write to reserved memory address ranges.
    A way to overcome this which can work is to sometimes swap the memory sticks around and re-run memtest.
    However again under the "test conditions of BDO" memtest could be useless. It is not generating the same power draw, heat, CPU usage...

18. GM Kaioken

Game Master

I'd certainly check your RAM one stick at a time. Can you let us know if you've tested your PSU in any other ways?

19. Suncry

only the ones that were recommended in this thread ive tested, if there are better programs to check if its the psu let me know.

20. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 62 EU

OCCT have PSU test, but check temp because is high stress test, ram problem should affect random application in randon scenario etc if you have problems in only 1 situation and never in all test and benc you do is a hard is that the problem, you can try intel burn test, but always check temps and stop it after 80 degree

Before putting hands on the components, and risk other damages, I prefer to let you have tests done, a ram problem can not only appear in a particular situation, with tests you only increase the chances that it will happen with normal use can still happen even opening a web page, all the tests made use memory in an intensive way, if in none of these you have had problems it is rare that the problem depends on that.

#40 Kurtferro79, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019