1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pearl Gifting Disabled

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Corsix

About time.

2. MMoNoob

just leave it disabled 4ever

Andaro likes this.
  3. NVG

NVG

Great job! Disable gifting right before the weekend! If scammers pearl sellers were a problem why not increase the limit for gifting to lvl 60 or 61, until you found a better solution? I am sure that they could not get their accounts to lvl 60 or 61 so fast.

Also, you might consider lowering that KAKAO CASH price since you made the game full p2w. At least make the p2w affordable. 2000 EURO for a PEN using cron stones ain't worth it.

Luxea likes this.
  4. Caponnez

It's nothing but moveing a problem from point A to B. People arent able to use Pearlgifting? So what? You think anybody care? Of course they dont give **** about, they move from A (Ingamegifting) to point B (Paypal, Paysafecards, and so on). Basicly they just eliminated the possibilty for those who used it as intended.

But yeah i guess its better to hype such Shi! rather than nothing

5. Shauneh

Changing the level to 60-61 won't change anything unless they got rid of bots permanently, as these people would just bot to 60 in a day.

6. Dreadhood

People that actually buy this kind of pearls end up getting banned, since those pearls are 99% of the time bought with stolen credit cards.

7. Shauneh

You realize how flawed your statement is? Eliminating one method reduces chances of a large portion of people easily abusing a system. Forcing people to now move to other methods outside of the easy method, WILL reduce the amount of abusers. That's a fact, as most people wouldn't be bothered to use other methods, which now that they have stance regarding it, people are now deterred from trying to post anything in chat, since they would most likely get banned now.

Again, it's a positive step forward, stop being a whiny... you know what, and accept they did something good for once. Who knows how they will revise it, but I would rather see some positive action than nothing at all.

8. bestpader

Can I have your autograph please

9. Deadly_Poison

We need a new system that protects us, currently your system sucks.
    Something like this that I designed, it's really simple, just add 2 dropdown menus and 2 variables. to send gifts and buy directly from the marketplace.

[​IMG]

Of course, the deals must be done via message and once you have reached an agreement, you can proceed in this way without risking losing money, time and health.

FreZkim531 likes this.
  10. JenKate77

Please fix this! I love to give prizes to my guildies. In fact, I just bought pearls yesterday so I could give away prizes for weekend activities.

11. david444555

The thing that would pose a problem if PA did ban people who bought pearls from scammers would be that what if for instance the people who received gifts were selling plvl services? Or selling silver in game in exchange for pearls? The sellers would have no idea that these people are scammers or what not and if these players got banned for not knowing their buyers were scammers i think would be unfair.

12. Sebastianz

It sucks that a few ruin it for all of us but its how the world works for now its needed IMO.

Andaro likes this.
  13. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

am i dreaming? this is perfect :D

14. Abernathius

I also play GW2 and I have to disagree with you on this. I like the idea and i prefer GW2's method. It's just that in GW2, the game doesn't revolve around its currency like BDO does. In BDO, money is literally power. If Pearl Abyss were to use GW2's system, it would be a profit loss. You could easily get BiS gear with your credit card.

In GW2, it's easy for players to get endgame gear through multiple methods. Besides, most of what the player base spends their gold on is cosmetic. ie: legendary weapons, infusions, armor/weap skins etc.

15. Dringe

Gifting itself would be fine if people used it to gift on successful purchase, unfortunately the vast majority used the "pearls for listing" method which by default is like a scam, the only thing worse than people asking for pearls upfront are people that actually put up with this crap and happily accept the offer.
    Can't complain about the suspension, the chat will at least calm down with "wts kzarka or w/e not really rare item, pearls on list".

16. KeiirValk

The boss item for pearls is not the reason they suspended it though. They suspended it most likely because you can buy mass-outfit gifts at half the price and melt for pen attempts. It's also an easy 500+ million a week now with the increase in price on the MP at half the price through 3rd party.

The gifting for boss items has always been said by GM's that it's against their ToS but they "allow" in the sense of it not being banned for it but that if you get scammed by a player , they can't report that player for scamming them because it's against their ToS and they can provide no support on the matter. So this method of gifting has always generally been accepted , even though they don't encourage it.

It's simple, gifting for boss items usually is done legitimately , meaning a person usually puts their $$ up for it. So they don't care, because there's no charge backs or at the very least a massively small amount of charge backs (in which case the account holder is at stake of getting a ban for buying pearls then charging back on them).

With this 3rd party gifting service, almost all of them (probably all) are utilizing stolen credit cards which results in enormous charge back ratios. With their merchant provider, since they are most likely receiving a massive amount of % of charge backs per charge ratio, this can actually get you dropped from their merchant provider which is a pain in the ass to deal with and actually gives a "rating" that is shown to future merchant provider prospects so they know if they want to do business with you or not.

This is why they're doing it, it's because they're not making any money and their chargeback % is getting too high, aka they don't give a **** about QoL , only themselves.

#36 KeiirValk, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Neverbe4 likes this.
  17. Dringe

While I understand your point about using stolen credit card information, at the same time this kind of issue would freeze pearl purchases as a whole until the issue is resolved, not only gifting.
    Then again, I think there was something before that hackers were able to get pearls on their accounts, not necessarily by means of stolen credit card information so never know.

You're wrong about not being able to report players on this, in fact many have reported this issue and there were cases where they did take action on this.

Swiping for pearl attempts or selling the items on MP by legit means is definitely not the reason.

#37 Dringe, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  18. KeiirValk

I guarantee you it is, it specifically lines up with when they released melting outfits and increasing to 111million per outfit and you can also look at the sites that sell these pearl gifting services to notice the ramp up in activity since that has been put in place. They've been doing gifting for boss items for years now and it wouldn't "suddenly" be the issue.

It is literally related entirely to people doing pen-cron progression for half the price and selling outfits on the MP for an easy 500+ million a week because now it's actually worth it to do that in their eyes, an extra 500+ million a week especially if you have the cash to put it up is a no-brainer in this game wheras the 120million you'd receive prior to that patch was almost negligible even though people did it then too.

19. Vafthrudnirson

People are already buying gear with their credit card, a few guilds which shall not be named are selling 100B+ a week for paypal cash. PA is cut out off from that monetization route entirely.

20. NVG

NVG

Guild payouts needed to be disabled, not pearl gifting.
    Seamonster hunting needed to be disabled, not pearl gifting.
    Costume melting needed to be disabled, not pearl gifting.

But KAKAO knows nothing since they don't play the game.

Blitzball likes this.